5'9 and taller ladies

Options

Replies

• missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft, SW: 247, CW 198.3 (started MFP November 1st 2012).. my current goal weight is 170 any lower than that I feel I'm too thin for my frame.. I would like to start strength training soon as well so goal weight may change once body starts changing shape
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'9"1/4 I am claiming that 1/4 inch! Used to be closer to 5'10" but with age comes shrinkage!! I am large frame, I wear a size 11 shoe (sadly, too bad you cannot shrink the length of your foot).

My top weight was 380, I lost 150 via Gastric and maintained that weight for many years until 2011 when I gained 40 for some odd reason, stress, peri-menopause, who knows!! Anyway I at 280 and I was no way getting over 300 ever again. So I started on MFP in Oct 2011 and to date I am down 103-5 lbs... (I keep going back and forth 3 lbs). My goal weight is 170 or that is to say I would like to be in maintenance between 170-175 instead of 175 to 178 which is what I am now.

I had a body composition scan recently and found out my skeleton is very heavy for a woman, and thus the BMI charts will not be accurate for me, I am 130 lbs of lean body mass, and 22.8% body fat, so according to the scans 175 is really a perfect weight, but I am still trying to shoot for 170ish... I needed to up my calories due to very low RMR so 4 wks ago after the body scan and calorie assessment showed the low RMR I began to eat more and thus gained 3 lbs and have been going up and down those 3 for the last 4 wks so far.

I am always surprised to hear that ladies 5'9" would weight 140 ish or less, but it surely depends upon your bones structure, and other factors.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    In for the shade
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and a half. I've got ways to go (still in the 200s) but have tentatively set my GW for 160. I will reassess once I get closer and get a better idea of how that much weight looks on my frame and how I feel.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Im 6ft and im 200lbs, I would be happy at 180 although perhaps a little lighter if possible, im never going to be a size six even if I do loose loads of weight, im not built for it, not sure I would want to be that small either, im currently a 14-16 depending on what im buying I would be mega happy if I was a 12 that would be perfect for me,

^^Sounds just like me :)
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    there's one called Tall girls - I just joined and posted a discussion

Thank you!
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My goal was 175. My maintenance range is 169-173 or so and I'm happy here. If I drop lower, my face starts to look gaunt and I am worried I'll lose more in the boobage region. If I have to choose between face/chest and butt, the choice is obvious. My butt is fine the way it is :)

LOL! sounds just like me! I lost 20 to get down to close to 170 and am terrified to go farther down! I would like to go down maybe 1 cup size but afraid to start and have them all go away!! And I would never for me go below 160 because I am large framed and it's not a good look for me to be less - 160 last time I was there was when people were asking me if I was sick.
  • gabbyguru
    Options
    I am 5'10". My goal is 160. When I was younger I was too skinny. At 138 I had absolutely NO curves. I looked sick. The reason I am shooting for 160 is because my husband doesn't like skinny so I compromised from my 150 and that would put me back in my size 12's. As you stated, it isn't all about the numbers. A skinny person can still have alot of body fat so I believe the key to that is to tone up and build muscle.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and right now i am at 204 lbs. I would like to get to 164 lbs, this is a number my doctor came up with. At my lowest I was 155 lbs, but that was after basic military training.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shy of 6'...but as of now weigh 169. I'm looking to lose maybe 10-15 more lbs. I just want to get into size 8 jeans and firm up the jiggly areas and be able to wear a bathing suit with confidence. That is all. :bigsmile:
  • jhner
    jhner Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 175. Most people didn't even think I needed to lose weight then, but I wanted to and needed to. My highest weight was 202 when I went into labor with my youngest (now almost 3). My lowest was 145 my junior/senior years of high school. My original goal weight was 160, but I lost passed that to 155 pretty easy, so then I reconfigured my goal to 150. I have managed to get down to 143, but most days the scale says 145ish. I am now just trying to maintain and tone. Am working on arms, thighs, and butt!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm at 147 now (at my last weigh in) and am aiming for 140. I'm 5'9.5". If I get to 140 I'll of course try to go lower SO LONG AS I can keep my bootay ;P
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    I'm. 5`10" and currently right at 200. I originally set my goal at 150, which is what I was in college, but now I have re adjusted my goal to 170 since I have been doing a lot of weight lifting and am hopefully gaining muscle. I'll re-evaluate when I get there. I absolutely vote for the tall girls group! I just started here and need friends!
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently at 190lbs. My goal weight is currently 170lbs. However, more importantly to me right now is my goal body fat %, which is 24%. I'm currently at 33.3%. I just started a heavy lifting program at the end of February and even though the scale has only moved a pound, I'm seeing major changes in the way my body looks. I'm currently wearing a size 14, which I previously wore at a muuuuch lower weight (around 175).

I would say start a strength training program to build muscle and burn fat, and maybe you'll be happier with how your body looks and be able to stop focusing on the scale. :)

I could've written this post! You are pretty much dead on where I was 10 weeks ago- I'm a half inch taller though, started at 187 with 33.3% body fat! I do a boot camp type program and get my official results on Saturday- but right now I weigh about 172 and I have no clue on BF. I really hope I've dropped as I've worked so hard! I am getting some definition if I hold my arms at the right angle, the light is right and the wind is blowing from the NE (ha ha!).

I'm really working to get past the number on the scale. Before I had babies, I was always aiming for 150. In the past few years, it's been 160. I'm small boned and if I'm too thin, I kind of look like a guy with big hips and boobs- it's hard to describe, but that is unfortunately me! Right now, my goal is 25% body fat, which puts me at around 158 ideally.

I think I'll head over and join the amazon women group! ;)
  • marywilga11
    Options
    I agree with the tall girl group...its always nice to see pictures of your height at different weights. Thats a huge motivator for me. I am 5'9" and am currently at 177lbs and my goal weight is 150. The lowest i have ever gotten through weight loss was 158 and i felt amazing! :)
  • Notsocrafty
    Notsocrafty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" too! Right now I'm around 180 (but haven't stepped on the scale in a week), would like to be 145 (I remember being that weight as an adult!), but honestly I'll be pretty psyched to get back into the 150s. That, and I'd like to strengthen up, so my goal isn't "skinny" - I just want to feel good about myself, fit back into my cute clothes, and not be as much of a wimp as I am right now.
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Saving my spot to chime in later:bigsmile:
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I am currently at about 170lbs, my goal is about 150-155lbs, about where you are now. I agree about the "string bean" or "scrawny" effect for tall girls, that is especially true if you are over the age of 25, where that adolescent string bean look no longer applies. I aspire to more to increase my lean muscle mass instead and which is a much more attractive youthful build even if the numbers on the scale are higher. I'd rather have a booty like J.Lo. and rock hard abs.
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    I am also 5'9 and at about 145 now, but I would like to get down to around 135. I have a very small frame, flat chested, etc. One of my closest friends is the same height and she looks great at 145. I, however, have some extra around the middle. Mine are certainly more vanity pounds than anything else. I used to be around 170, but haven't been above 150 for about 8 years now.

I eat about 1600 and stay active by running and living in a city where I am forced to walk everywhere. I am 24, unmarried, no kids - I figure now is the easiest time for me to be a little obsessive about my weight and get into good habits for the future. I am so impressed with the parents on here, I cannot imagine!