5'9 and taller ladies

Options

Replies

• TicTac46
    TicTac46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! This is an awesome blog (or whatever this is called) .... for women MY HEIGHT! It is so good to read about women, in the same boat (overweight) and the same height. Apples to apples and all that! My lowest weight was in the mid 140's - it was a while ago so the precise weight has long since been forgotten. I am two kids heavier now and 14 years older and weigh the MOST I have ever weighed - even pregnant! I am 220 pounds and have set a weight of 160 / 165 for myself. I figure at 46 it is a good weight, totally acheivable and healthy too. It should put me in a size 10 (ish) and flatten out the tummy / tone up the butt a bit and that is good for me. That said - I am a long way off it so when I get there, I will reassess and go from there. Maintain or continue the journey...... Keep up the great work girls.....
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What is sexier, Kate Moss or Wonder Woman?
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 214 pounds. I started out at 332 pounds. My goal is 175 pounds for now. I might change it once I get there, but for now that number looks good to me.
  • Simplifylifetowin
    Simplifylifetowin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wowwww!!! Everything you spoke of HIT home for me also...I am in it for the long haul as well...5'10 220....29 yrs ago on my wedding day I was a delicious 170!! I have let things go for far to long!! Im very active and luckily wellness test this year came back ok...BUT..If I keep creeping on the pounds my luck will wear off!! I work in a corporate enviroment and have to look nice most days..I make enough money to afford beautiful clothes..but WHY on this figure!!!! I love myself ..and I will conquer!! Keep a going...day by day..bite by bite..step by step... :D
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    5"9" lowest weight was 148 - in my 20's

lowest weight at 42 years old152 and people said I looked way too thin and sickly

goal weight was 164-166 - but when I get there I can't seem to maintain that weight
    so resigned to 170-173 and just trying to gain some more muscle.

It's nice to see women saying there goal weight is 170 or so I don't feel so alone
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Its true. I see too many "after" pictures of women at 120lbs who must be 5'2". This does put things in perspective.
  • Simplifylifetowin
    Simplifylifetowin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You and I are a lot alike..I am 49 and in the same boat..I wish I would have listened to my mother in my 30's when she gently suggested that I should "slim down"...I am trying NOW mom :D I cant wait for my birthday on June 10th...I want to see a new improved me in the mirror...no great expectations..just more fit and not sooooo tired after work!! good luck all!
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'9 and weigh 168 pounds. My "goal" is 145.

I say "goal" because for me, my goal is more related to body fat. Right now I am at 24.6%. Once I hit 21-22 % I will be happy, whatever weight I am at. :happy:
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What is sexier, Kate Moss or Wonder Woman?

Wonder Woman. Most definitely.
  • angela4781
    Options
    I'm Angela and just started on this site. I'm 5'10'' and currently weigh 180lbs. My heaviest was at 205 when I gave birth to my last son (14 months ago) I instantly went down to 185lbs so in 14 months I've lost....5lbs!!! I'm trying to get to about 160, and i'll be ok with that. I'd ideally like to be around 145. I do plan on getting pregnant again this summer, so ideally, I'd like to be between 145-160 before I get pregnant again, so that I have less to lose after baby #4. at my lightest I weighed 129 (when I got pregnant with my first 5 years ago) and I think I looked sick. way too skinny, you could see my collar bones and my arms looked like tooth picks. I don't want to be THAT skinny again. Please friend me if you want to chat! I'd love new friends on here. and I love to talk!
  • Copequeen
    Copequeen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 6 foot. My goal is 180. Every site I've plugged my info into tells me that's my ideal weight. I think it would be perfect also. I'm large framed, wide hips and linebacker shoulders. One time I was 150 and looked sickly. After 13 years of weight fluctuation and 3 kids, I started in jan at 280 and size 22w. I just bought new pants in xl. Slowly but surely. I just started here in Fsb. Anyone that wants to add me is fine.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and would love to weigh 150 again. That's what I weighed in my 20's, so I'm not sure if that goal is realistic at this point, but it's definitely my long-term goal. I started out at 220 and am currently 203, so I do have a long way to go, but I'm determined that I will get there eventually!! :)
  • Boocakes08
    Options
    You will get there!!!!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and when I was 135, I looked emanciated.
    Each to their own though.
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 and currently 290lbs. I haven't been near 200lbs since highschool. My goal I have set for myself is are 210-220. I may adjust that when I get closer we shall see. I have been visiting a message board for tall girls on the weight watchers website. It is very nice to have others that can relate to you! It amuses me when someone calls a shorter person fat when they weigh over 200lbs and I pipe up saying I am well over that. They usually spit and sputter.
    Recently I started going through early menopause and am really struggling to get the weight off. I have been reading about BMR and realizing that maybe I wasn't eating enough.
    Back to the topic....when I look at a chart it tells me that I should weigh around 182 or so. I honestly can't picture myself that low. I AM willing to put in the work that it takes to get there, however I haven't been there since gradeschool when I was 5'11 so I can't imagine it will be anything short of a miracle to get there.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11, and I have a LOOONG way to go--I'm currently at 244, which is the most I've ever been in my entire life. My goal is 170, and I will be perfectly happy there. I look sickly and totally oddly shaped below that. I have very WIDE hips (good for birthin' all these babies I had!), and I am an exaggerated pear shape. At less than around 170, my top half will be teeny tiny, and my bottom is round, and I look weird. My legs tend to stay really muscular when I'm fit. Even when I was itty bitty back in high school, I had to buy pants 2 or 3 sizes bigger than my waist size just to go around the rumpus.

The frustrating thing for me is that I can loose 20 pounds, and not a soul will notice because it's all spread out on my gargantuan frame. But I am in this life change for the long haul. One of the reasons my weight snuck up on me is that it takes 20-30 pounds for me to go up a size, so it happened so gradually that it feels like I woke up one day, and boom...fatsville.

I'm right with you! I'm, 5'11 and right now (I think) my goal weight is 180-190. Maybe I'll change my mind later once I see what I look like then...but I'd be happy under 200!

I agree! I am 5'11, and right now my goal weight is 180, but I will just be happy to be under 200! :)
  • dakittenrightmeow
    dakittenrightmeow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OK, so I'm only 5'8" (but I can relate!) so don't yell at me. But here are my thoughts. At the end of last summer, I did one of those bio-impedance things at my gym where they measure body fat (the yuck) and lean body mass (muscles, bones, connective tissues, etc) and tell you where you're at.

My lean body mass was bout 133 lbs. Which means if I lost every lb of fat (which isn't really possible or healthy) I would weigh 133 (and be on the verge of death). It also assumes I wouldn't gain any muscle through working out.

Because of this, I know that if I work out but don't gain any muscle, I could weigh about 160 and have an 18% body fat. That sounds awesome but not really my goal. For one, I'd like a little more muscle, i mean, I feel like I should be able to do more than 1 push up, and maybe a pull up. So I figure, if I gain a little bit of muscle and sit somewhere between 18-22% body fat, I could weigh between 165-175 no problem.

The best explanation of what different body fat percentages look like (with pictures) is here: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/
    I recommend checking it out.

Hope that helps. :)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    44yrs, 5'10" and 134lbs. High weight was pushing 180 (not preg) and low weight was 118 (too thin). I was 160 when I started MFP, and have met my initial goal of 135. My averaged BF% (USNCirc and Covert) is 22.4. I'd like to bring that down a bit.
  • kakirkpa
    kakirkpa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my goal weight is 150. I consider that my ideal. I have been as low as 145, and I think that looked good, but holy effort! I was 150 when I got pregnant, and I thought it was healthy, not skinny, but slender. THen I got pregnant and got to 205, rapidly dropped to 170 2 weeks after giving birth, dropped to 155 in several months but then wasnt making enough milk, bumped back up to 165. Im currently 160, with my start weight here being 168. Long drawn out story, HA! Anywho, your answer: 150.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 135. However, I'd be totally happy with 145-150 right now. Currently I'm at 159 and I really hate it, lol. At this weight, my *kitten* is much too big for my favorite skinny jeans. ( I swear that I gain *all* my weight on by butt/thighs) -_- The lowest I remember being was 142 and my heaviest has been 165.