What day of the week do you weigh in, and why?

Options
I am on day 3 of my new healthy lifestyle. I was wondering what day you weigh in on and why. I am committed to exercising
Mon-Sat with Sun being my off day, so I was going to weigh in on Sun to keep me focused on why I should keep eating healthy. Any other thoughts out there?

Replies

• danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I typically weight in on Sunday. I Don't really have a reason behind it...just when I originally started weighing in and it works for me. Also, IF I choose to have a rest day, I choose Sunday, so weighing in helps keep my eating in check :wink:
  • Jess102979
    Jess102979 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every 3 weeks. Sometimes I cheat and sneak a peek. I dont think the scale should have all the focus. You could be at the same weight, but have lost inches and if you just go by what the scale says all the time I think youre more likely to get frustrated with yourself. Focus on how your body feels, how and what your eating, how and when you exercise, things that work for you and that dont. Give yourself a little space from the scale.
  • joro0404
    joro0404 Posts: 20
    Options
    Sunday AM. Only day neither of us have to be up and about early for work so we have a little more free time before the day begins. I'm always first up Sundays so make sure it's first thing we do, then the day is ours.
  • Evagem
    Evagem Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My official day is Monday. That said, if I know I am going to have a challenging weekend with lots of going out, etc. I also weigh on Friday morning. If I am showing a loss, this helps strengthen my resolve to not let the weekend derail me. If I am not doing as good, I encourages me to get an extra workout in (maybe not take the rest day) and again, watch what I eat and drink.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    All of them, because I like to. I only update here when I think of it though... last time was maybe a half week ago.

Someone mentioned the Libra app (it's free!) a couple-few weeks ago and since downloading it, I am obsessed with inputting new data each morning. I think one out of every five posts I make lately mentions that app. It may be a sickness.
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I tend to step on the scale a few times a week just because it's there but I always weigh in the day after my rest day (which is also Sunday). Sometimes our muscles retain water to repair after workouts so I feel like weighing after my rest day will give my muscles time to recover a bit and let go of some of that water retention. Also weighing after my rest day helps to hold me accountable for that whole day on eating.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Saturday, because the scale is in my parents' room and it's the only day I can wait until they get up to eat something. During the week I leave first.
  • bblumenstock
    bblumenstock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday morning and then also on Wednesday morning - doing it twice a week helps keep me motivated in the right direction.
  • dlcarroll13
    dlcarroll13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of my new healthy lifestyle. I was wondering what day you weigh in on and why. I am committed to exercising
    Mon-Sat with Sun being my off day, so I was going to weigh in on Sun to keep me focused on why I should keep eating healthy. Any other thoughts out there?

My sister and I both weigh in on Sunday mornings. Its our rest day, as well as our family treat day. By saying this I don't mean we go crazy eating junk..we weigh in, go to church, and then pick a different place to have a HEALTHY but slightly indulgent lunch every week. It's the one day a week we go out to eat somewhere as kind of a reward for all the hard work. My son thinks it's awesome too :) Welcome to the new lifestyle...feel free to add me!
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I run a weight club at work so we weigh in every Thursday.. I picked Thursday because we were in a contest years
    ago and weighed in on Thursday mornings. .We pay 2 dollars if we gain even 1 ounce in a week and then at the end of
    the month we raffle off the money..
    I keep the scale at my desk and people get mad at me when they gain weight.. Or I get that the scale is wrong that
    their home scale had them less.. It is hilarious.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on Friday mornings. When I was doing WW, that was the day that I could go there to weigh-in, and it's just been my habit ever since. When I was doing WW online, I kept Friday as my weigh-in day in case I wanted to "cheat" (i.e. use up the extra 35 points on an occasion or night out) over the weekend and then I had the whole week to get on track and "be good" again. Not a great mindset for long-term success (which is why I'm here again, having started out (again) at the same weight I had originally started on WW). Anyhow, that's my weigh-in day. LOL
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on my scale at home on Fridays because the weekdays are my most consistent days, so I feel like that would give me the most accurate results. However, I weigh in at Curves Monday evenings. A lot of people like weighing in on Mondays because it helps keep them accountable over the weekend.
  • Leophir
    Leophir Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, everyday so I can feel and check on every single variations of my weight and detect instantly any issues. You won't get a nice curve going down all the time this way but I like the "wooshes".
  • valanncamp
    Options
    I weigh in everyday first thing in the morning. If i have been very good at keeping up with my food journal and excercising it helps motivate me for that day when i see the pounds coming off. Even when i haven't had a very good day, it will put me back on track.
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Friday, because it will be my lowest weight before the, usually, higher calorie intake and water retention that my weekend revelries inevitably cause.
  • Linda5678
    Linda5678 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies and ideas! I also think weighing in on Sunday's will help keep me on track during Fri and Sat nights, which are the hardest for me.
  • valanncamp
    Options
    Twice a day, everyday so I can feel and check on every single variations of my weight and detect instantly any issues. You won't get a nice curve going down all the time this way but I like the "wooshes".

What do you mean by nice curve and wooshes?
  • OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday first thing in the morning. If i have been very good at keeping up with my food journal and excercising it helps motivate me for that day when i see the pounds coming off. Even when i haven't had a very good day, it will put me back on track.

Hooray for the everyday people! Me too! Every morning first thing. But I only log my weight on Sundays.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Only days that end in 'y'
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My official weigh-ins are on Thursday morning...first thing before doing anything except going to the bathroom. I do step on the scale during the week, but do not log the weight gain/loss. Whatever you do, try to be consistent on the day and time you weigh in.