Singles report here

Replies

• Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    do you all WANT to be single,,???
    why are you single???
    i just cannot be single.

Single by choice for a long time, now i am weeding through copious amounts of *kitten*. I don't NEED to be in a relationship I am quite good at being just me.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Oh Captain, My Captain!!!

oh wait... wrong place...

what is this again? ... OH, a singles forum? Oh ookay then.

yeah, I'm single... and ready to mingle!.. with some awesome workout routines that is :wink:

this is why I'm single... isn't it?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    I never understand why pretty women are single. Just pluck one of the poor saps you friend zoned for some nonsense reason out of there and give him a shot.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    I never understand why pretty women are single. Just pluck one of the poor saps you friend zoned for some nonsense reason out of there and give him a shot.

It's not that simple. I have dated all types of men. I even went through a period of time where I promised myself I would accept a date from anyone who asked just to broaden my dating horizons... that didn't end up so well. I was taken on a date to sell a gun, a date to sell drugs, a date where the guy licked a drop of sweat off my neck, a date where a guy drove me and dropped me off in the middle of nowhere with no phone and no money and no idea how to get home, a date where a guy popped my hip out of place, a date with a self-admitted chubby-chaser (dispite what you may think this is not something that a lady wants to hear) and a whole multitude of terrible dates... I have also dated guys who were friends and it didn't work out either. Now I admit, I don't HAVE to be single but I would rather nip it in the butt the first 2 weeks then draw it out with someone I don't see it going anywhere with just so I wouldn't have to be alone. That would be rather unfair to all people involved.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    do you all WANT to be single,,???
    why are you single???
    i just cannot be single.

This flabbergasts me. If I didn't value myself and were desperate enough to accept any douche who didn't have a job and lived with his mom and who I did not have any sort of attraction to/feelings toward, sure, I could choose not to be single. But I don't want that.

So I really don't consider myself single by choice, since my only choice (for the past 6 years of being single) has been between accepting a loser I don't like or having no one. Dating just astounds me. It seems so impossible. I do not get approached. I see other people doing it, and finding people, and breaking up, and finding someone else, and getting married, and it feels like fiction. I've seen people who were single at the same time as me celebrate their third wedding anniversary, and the whole time I have still been single. The few guys I have wanted have never wanted me back, and the few guys who have wanted me have been so incompatible it's crazy. How is that a choice?

ETA: If anyone has any advice, I'm seriously open to listening to it.
  • Hey!!!!!!!!!!
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342

It's not that simple. I have dated all types of men. I even went through a period of time where I promised myself I would accept a date from anyone who asked just to broaden my dating horizons... that didn't end up so well. I was taken on a date to sell a gun, a date to sell drugs, a date where the guy licked a drop of sweat off my neck, a date where a guy drove me and dropped me off in the middle of nowhere with no phone and no money and no idea how to get home, a date where a guy popped my hip out of place, a date with a self-admitted chubby-chaser (dispite what you may think this is not something that a lady wants to hear) and a whole multitude of terrible dates... I have also dated guys who were friends and it didn't work out either. Now I admit, I don't HAVE to be single but I would rather nip it in the butt the first 2 weeks then draw it out with someone I don't see it going anywhere with just so I wouldn't have to be alone. That would be rather unfair to all people involved.

r u serious, wow!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Reporting in!
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Single girl here...
  • yep, single here
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Singe. Need to get off my butt and do something about that soon. Tired of it.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    reporting for duty sir XD
  • Yep, thats why! All the good ones are either taken or just too shy to say anything to let you know they are interested.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    there's a great group mysinglepals i'm going to go post right now lol age/location everyone plz

Didn't know, thank you!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member

in my case, it's because they've never been single for more than like 3 minutes in their entire adult lives and they finally realize (in their 30s) that they cannot develop their minds and personalities completely or appropriately unless they know how to function as a totally independent person--and one does not know how to be a totally independent person if one has never been single.

:grumble:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    there's a great group mysinglepals i'm going to go post right now lol age/location everyone plz

Didn't know, thank you!

I cudnt find this group?
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Single! And not a single you know what is given!
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Single as a Kraft single.
  • I'm gay by choice
  • YourGirl_Tina
    YourGirl_Tina Posts: 962 Member
    Joining the party!