Feel like I failed

Options

Replies

• ComputerHabit
    Options
    Try 3 boxes of GS Cookies and a Gallon of milk in one sitting. Then do that for 3 weekends in a row. :)

Challenge accepted!!

Thumbs up. :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I make room in my cals for treats weekly, usually on Friday or some event or birthday party we have to attend. If I didn't, I'd feel like I'm on a diet and I'm not! It's all about moderation, not starving yourself and setting yourself up for a binge.
  • hausisse
    hausisse Posts: 90
    Options
    Did you enjoy the cupcake? Then don't feel badly. Just keep eating healthily most of the time! I mean, everybody makes a conscious decision to have a treat every now and then, including myself. Sometimes you just need to shirk your responsibilities. A little bit of that is good for your mental health, I should think. :)
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    One cupcake is far from being a failure :) Just go take a long walk and youll not only burn some of those calories, but youll feel better and way less guilty.

To be honest, A big reason i work out is to be able to 'afford' my vices (wine and fried foods)... oooooh yeeeaaaa, i cant quit those.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    A life without cupcakes is not a life I'd want. One, even the whole tray of cupcakes isn't going to derail your progress. It's just one day. Enjoy the treat, log it and keep eating the healthy foods, too! It's actually more dangerous to fear foods than to actually eat them. Look how stressed you got with that mindset! You can do this! :D
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i allow for a treat like some chocolate in my calories every day, making sure im still within my cals and sat fats-definitely keeps me from binging!!

Me too. I don't eat a ton of sweets. But my anniversary was on Tuesday and we got a cheese cake. Today is my third day in a row I have had a piece. And it is so yummy. But I make sure I stay in my cals! I consider this a win, because the old me would have ate 3 pieces in one setting! If you dont ever indulge you will over indulge eventually.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I ate a cupcake yesterday. On purpose -- it was delicious. I didn't skip meals for it, and the scale was down this morning.

If you're going to enjoy a cupcake, ENJOY it :smile:. If you've structured your diet in such a way that a single cupcake indicates failure, then your parameters are unrealistic and this journey will be joyless.

If you love cupcakes, eat a cupcake!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I think it was a victory if you would have previously binged on the cupcakes and only ate one, that is great progress. And we all deserve a bit of a treat from time to time.
  • supernatural234
    Options
    Try 3 boxes of GS Cookies and a Gallon of milk in one sitting. Then do that for 3 weekends in a row. :)

Challenge accepted!!

Thumbs up. :)

:)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Oh my it's not defeat it's a cupcake.

You'll be fine, it's not going to undo all of your work!

ETA: I just came across this, ideal for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/915343-for-those-struggling-with-bad-decisions
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking a cupcake is a failure.

That's how you cope.

What is that, 400 calories? I'd put 20 bucks on you still losing weight this week.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Your ticker makes it look like you are trying to gain weight

I noticed this too you are 101lbs trying to get to 103lbs? is this correct?
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think it was a victory if you would have previously binged on the cupcakes and only ate one, that is great progress. And we all deserve a bit of a treat from time to time.

I agree 100%.

I always allow myself one cheat meal a week. It keeps me sane.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    We all have days were we indulge ourselves the key is to make sure you get right back on track the next day. Life is too short to not enjoy some of our favorite foods.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Last time I made cupcakes, I ate 6 of them.

Troll level=advanced.
  • scubacam
    scubacam Posts: 6
    Options
    BUT IT SOUNDS WONDERFUL :)
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I forget it and press on.... working harder...:bigsmile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    This is why you don't deprive yourself.
  • loricatta
    Options
    When I was a kid, my parents use to take us for pizza and ice cream every Friday. It was a treat - a make-up for the time they couldn't spend with us. Now that I am older - an plumper...pizza and ice cream, no. BUT...I found this awesome frozen yogurt place around the corner. 21 calories an ounce! So...if I plan it properly...I go in there on the Sunday evenings I have off...and eat..a half a pound of frozen yogurt for a whopping 168 calories. I might even add coconut sprinkles. It will be my reward for all that I am doing (beyond losing inches)...and yet, if I count my calories correctly, I can still slip in a cookie or two :)
    Moral of the story? 1 Cupcake - your splurge for the week. Make it count. Find a frozen yogurt place or learn to make a healthy desert involving plain frozen yogurt, fresh strawberries with a blackberry sauce (or something like that), choose a day, measure the amount, count the calories, figure it in, and then eat it like you mean it.
  • loricatta
    Options
    When I was a kid, my parents use to take us for pizza and ice cream every Friday. It was a treat - a make-up for the time they couldn't spend with us. Now that I am older - an plumper...pizza and ice cream, no. BUT...I found this awesome frozen yogurt place around the corner. 21 calories an ounce! So...if I plan it properly...I go in there on the Sunday evenings I have off...and eat..a half a pound of frozen yogurt for a whopping 168 calories. I might even add coconut sprinkles. It will be my reward for all that I am doing (beyond losing inches)...and yet, if I count my calories correctly, I can still slip in a cookie or two :)
    Moral of the story? 1 Cupcake - your splurge for the week. Make it count. Find a frozen yogurt place or learn to make a healthy desert involving plain frozen yogurt, fresh strawberries with a blackberry sauce (or something like that), choose a day, measure the amount, count the calories, figure it in, and then eat it like you mean it.