Women Fit For Forties

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Back home for a quick minute....good morning to one and all.....really miss MFP with no internet at the lake!!!! Weight down 2lbs.....having a great time at the lake...Talk to you all again Thurs.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    6-01-10 240.0
    6-07-10 237.0
    6-09-10 234.4
    6-14-10 233.6
    6-21-10 233.4

I'm pretty miffed about my weigh in this morning. Yesterday I was at 232.2! I have stayed under my calories & all I drink is H2O. I guess I should have worked out a bit more yesterday, but it was SO hot I'm lucky I got the lawn mowed! So I guess I need to step it up today & hopefully the scale will look better for me next week. My goal is to be under 230 next week! (I'd really LOVE to be at 228.5) This week I'm going to stick to my calendar plan & do everything I intended to do for my workouts. That means I gotta put Jillian back into the DVD player & also do my C25K workouts. I did finally complete Day 1 of week 1 a few days ago. Now I just need to start doing it at least every other day as I had planned!

Kelly
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi fabulous ladies,

Wow you gals are rockin' it!!!! Your hard work will pay off.

FINALLY feeling more like summer for the past two days. Yay. I have been involed with helping with a Charity garage sale that has become a tradition in this area bor about 10 years now. All the procedes go to Make A Wish Foundation and also The hospitals New Born Berevment Center. So worth while. A 14 year old girl started it as a ervice project and it has just grown. The first year she made $250.00, this year $7,500.00. Some man came and picked up some piece of junk for 50 cents and wrote out a check for $1,000.00 dollars. I love when people can be so generous and are!

Been very active but no good cardio, I have got to kick it into gear. I was thinking about how I was able to lose through the holidays so I know that I am not being as careful. Onward....

Have a great day.
  • Solandra
    Solandra Posts: 84
    Options
    OK, crawling out of my cave. :) I'm on furlough this week, so it's time to spend at home working on home projects, eating in and sensibly, spending time with my guys.

This morning, I walked to city hall to pay the water bill - good stuff. I'll weigh in tomorrow.

Maite Zaitut!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I didn't track all weekend (again). Back at it today. :happy:
    I was proud that I carved out an hour to go to my YMCA grand opening (they have been under construction for a year expanding the pool and a new studio and fitness center) on Saturday and did a 30 minute turbo kick and 30 minute step class in the new studio .... I was smoked. I usually do an hour of cardio, so it surprised me that it was so much harder doing two 30 minute things back to back - but the warm up and cool down were extremely short so it was pretty high intensity for almost the whole hour.
    Then I had to rush to a graduation party, and then a Father's day even dinner at my parents and we were all spiffied up for a full family photo session in their yard that we gave my mom for Mother's day. I was exhausted after 2 hours of photos ... trying to smile and suck in my belly, making my 16-yr old daughter keep wiping her hair out of her eyes and stand up straight - and keep my 9 year old son from getting his clothes dirty (he did have to change clothes once because of excessive bubbles on his shirt ... my brother's idea to bring bubble guns for a picture with all the kids - cute, BUT ...a mess) . I was smart and brought 2 changes of clothes for me, and 3 changes of clothes for my son. My 16-yr old daughter and my husband were on their own.
    My son was hilarious, trying not to get dirty before we started pictures (but I would catch him rolling in the grass and climbing trees ... and he would say 'oh, this will get me dirty?) ... then when taking pictures he was incredibly itchy ... from his dress clothes, and the gel in his hair, and then a couple of bug bites ... he absolutely couldn't stand still. It will be interesting to see how the pictures turn out. He was 2 the last time we took a formal family picture, and we've never taken one with the whole family. Hopefully they will turn out well because I don't want to do it again for a long time! :laugh:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I told you all that my Lyme's disease test and other blood test results were negative ... so that's good. I have a follow appointment tonight, because the doctor saw some 'sign's of arthritis' in my neck x-ray and that is likely why I'm feeling so achy and may have something to do with my shoulder/arm problems that I'm having too.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    hey gals I am back from our camping trip! I had a great time, now I will be doing laundry all week long. Any way... I will get back in the swing of things tomorrow!
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know anything about the HCG diet?
  • kintegra
    Options
    Well the scale better like me after today's workout! I started out this morning doing my belly dancing, then I took 2 walks on my breaks @ work today. Then when I got home I, once again, did C25K Day1/Week 1. I am going to do the entire week this time! After I had dinner, then I went out for a quick bike ride (storm was coming AGAIN). I'm also up to about 25 8oz of my H2O for the day. I may have one or two more before I turn in for the night. But all in all I call today a success! Now I get to do it all again tomorrow! However tomorrow I will do my Jillian Shred on my rest day from C25K.

Kelly
  • kintegra
    Options
    6-01-10 240.0
    6-07-10 237.0
    6-09-10 234.4
    6-14-10 233.6
    6-21-10 233.4
    6-22-10 232.4

OK - I know its only been a day but I was determined yesterday & earned my one pound loss! :bigsmile: I drank 25 - 8oz of H20 for the day. I did my belly dancing workout, 2 quick walks, C25K Wk1/Day1, and a bike ride. That pound is DEAD to me! :laugh: I'm still going to work my butt off today so that the scale shows well in my favor for next week! Today Jillian is gonna work me out! I'm hoping another bike ride, however its going to storm AGAIN today, 'cause here in the Midwest we definitely need more rain...NOT! :grumble:

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Kelly
  • lids0578
    lids0578 Posts: 12
    Options
    I HAVE TRIED THE HCG DIET. I DID LOOSE SOME POUNDS BUT IT WAS VERY HARD AND IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK OUT BECAUSE YOU JUST DONT HAVE THE ENERGY. IF YOU GO OFF AND DONT STICK TO A DIET THE FAT SEEMS TO COME BACK ON DIFFERENTLY. ALL STOMACH FAT WHICH IS NOT GOOD. I HAVE HAD MORE LUCK JUST STICKING TO COUNTING CALORIES AND EXERCISE.

DRINKING 100 OZ OF WATER
    AGAIN I WILL TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SODA.
    NO WEIGHT LOSS BUT DOWN INCHES.
    WORKED OUT 3 TIMES LAST WEEK
    GOAL 4 TIMES THIS WEEK.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I never heard of HCG. What does it stand for?

Great job with that stubborn pound, Kelly! You were determined to get that puppy off, weren't you? :laugh: Good job!

Off to do more laundry. I've never worn so many bras in one week in my entire life! :laugh: Working out at the fitness center is costing me a lot of laundry! :tongue:
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm all for this, though I must admit that I probably need more of an over 40 group, because I was far more able to be in shape in my late 30's. Close enough though because there's probably some of you in the late 30's who don't have it as easy as I did. I looked everywhere for a group that fits and this would be the closest, so thank you very much for starting it.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Room for one more? I will be 46 in about 6 weeks. I need to lose 30 pounds (minimum) and the goal tracker said I should be able to do it by October 1, so I am going with it for now.
  • llowry
    Options
    I never heard of HCG. What does it stand for?

Great job with that stubborn pound, Kelly! You were determined to get that puppy off, weren't you? :laugh: Good job!

Off to do more laundry. I've never worn so many bras in one week in my entire life! :laugh: Working out at the fitness center is costing me a lot of laundry! :tongue:

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, I was going to go on this diet but, I changed my mind. The calories you consume are way to low (500).
  • llowry
    Options
    [.
  • ColoradoGirl
    Options
    Welcome fxdl2k2 and mfpchar... we are a pretty laid back bunch of women helping one another out in their weight loss journey!

Well... I am officially back from the mountains. I intend to get back in the full swing of things tomorrow with the "skinny Wednesday" Challenge. Looks like I ate a little too much garbage, did not drink enough water and did not get enough exercise to offset my little vacation. I am back up 4 lbs :grumble: but, I have no one to blame but myself! So, I am back to it now!!!

How is everyone else doing? Anything new? It looks like mama2four will not be coming back anytime soon as her family needs her right now. :frown: I know I am going to miss her.

Well... I am off for the night but, will see you guys tomorrow!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Welcome, newcomers! :flowerforyou: Tell us a little about yourself and what your goals are for weight loss.

Welcome back, COGirl! I hope you had a great time in the mountains. Did Momma PM you about taking a break? I will miss her so! :cry:
  • ColoradoGirl
    Options
    Blue.. mama did send me a PM while I was away. I will be keeping in touch with her outside of this side periodically.

How is everyone else doing?
  • kintegra
    Options
    How is everyone else doing? Anything new? It looks like mama2four will not be coming back anytime soon as her family needs her right now. :frown: I know I am going to miss her.

Sorry to hear about mama - we will miss her :cry: Be sure & send her lots of hugs from our little group here!

bluenote - Yes I WAS determined to lose that pound! And I'm certainly glad its gone!

I was out on a nice long bike ride with my neighbor tonight & when I was putting my bike away, my other neighbor yelled over at me. She hasn't seen me in awhile & apparently saw me this afternoon when I was lounging in my pool. She actually said WOW-EE! :bigsmile: She said she is just in awe of how I look and said she will be over there watching me & cheering me on! Its nice to hear the compliments coming. Really made my day! :happy:

Kelly