I eat ice cream!!!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The only time I feel bad about eating something is when it turns out not to be good enough to justify the calories. All these ice cream threads are really making me want Bunny Tracks.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Almost daily with no problem fitting it in. Lately I am on:

7684012836_zps3d081b62.png

YUM!

Okay....I'm sold and am now officially looking for this the next time I grocery shop!! Yummy!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to save calories, I'm going to set aside only half of that 300 and eat some fully-sugared, fully-glutened ice cream!!

Are you cutting those things out for a real reason or do you just think that sugar and gluten are bad for you?

And yes, I indulge in ice cream often!

I have Celiac Disease- rough stuff!

Does ice cream have wheat products in it? I am confused?

A lot of the ice cream you buy in the grocery store does in fact contain gluten, crazy right? that crap's in everything.

Mst actually don't, unless you are going or the chocolate chip cookie dough, of course. A net ale exception is Blue Bell, they do have gluten even in simple favors, like chocolate.

I strongly suspect that this particular urban legend was started by someone who wanted to sell GF ice cream, just because they could.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Enjoy, but ice cream has rat poison and antifreeze in it FYI.

Don't. Just don't even start. Next we'll be talking about dancer's ice cream and the best way to train it.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am about to lift weights with my husband, and then eat some ice cream. Yum!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It slows down your progress. I definitely indulge once or twice a week
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just recently started eating health choice frozen greek yogurt, it is super creamy and a great treat when you are in the mood for something cold and sweet, it comes in individual servings (100 calories) which I really like because it keeps me from overindulgeing

^this - add on a cup of fresh raspberries, and 1 tbsp dark choco chips LOVE IT......could use some now, but i don't get off work for another 2.5 hours - gonna be a long night! dangit! lol
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think it's better to allow yourself a treat within your calorie guidelines than to deny yourself that treat and set off a cycle of obsessing over it/ giving in to it/ eating too much of it since you feel guilty/ feeling guilty for eating too much/ eat even more to feel better about that/ repeat. There's almost no "bad food" out there (fried twinkies and the like being an exception), if it's taken in moderation.
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how ice cream would have gluten. But, if this ice cream treat keeps you on track, why feel guilty?

I work wine into most of my days and never feel guilty about that.

Most ice cream does not contain gluten but there are some that use fillers (disguised gluten many times). Also, some of the obvious ones contain gluten (cookie dough etc) so I have to be careful. Glad that we can all enjoy a little pleasure in life!
  • toronto81
    toronto81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just polished off a small bowl of chocolate fudge moosetracks ice cream & it was verrrrrrryyyyy gooooooodddddd :)
  • pianolover2012
    Options
    Ok how does ice cream have gluten in it? It is a dairy product, not a grain! And just because it is gluten free, doesn't mean it is healthy.

I have Celiac Disease so I have to be very careful about gluten. Many additives and fillers actually contain gluten- you cannot always go by identifying the word "wheat". While there are a lot of gluten free ice creams, there are many that are not.
  • pianolover2012
    Options
    Ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia last night after 8PM and lost 1.4lbs overnight.

*Results not typical. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY health or exercise program meant to mimic my awesomeness.

^^^ cute!!
  • Amy11108
    Amy11108 Posts: 74
    Options
    I always make room in my calorie bank for a treat. Keeps me sane.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't eat frozen treats much, as it hurts my teeth. What I eat instead is Oikos Cafe Latte yogurt. So good....
  • pianolover2012
    Options
    OK- so I have gotten into a habit of eating low sugar gluten free ice cream for my snack at night. I save about 300 calories just so I can indulge in the rich, cold, creaminess! I really feel guilty about eating this even though it is within my caloric intake. What are your thoughts on saving calories so you can enjoy a daily treat?

1) I would be more concerned about the guilt than the ice cream.
    2) My thoughts are that if you can find a way to -

a) Hit your calorie and macronutrient goals regularly
    b) Eat mostly whole and nutrient dense foods
    c) Also eat a treat every day, such as ice cream

- then you are doing it right. I expect you to make great progress.

EDIT: I eat ice cream almost every day. I am losing fat, my health markers are great.

Thanks for the thoughts!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    OK- so I have gotten into a habit of eating low sugar gluten free ice cream for my snack at night. I save about 300 calories just so I can indulge in the rich, cold, creaminess! I really feel guilty about eating this even though it is within my caloric intake. What are your thoughts on saving calories so you can enjoy a daily treat?

I eat ice cream every day as well and never feel guilty about it..I keep with my calories so no big deal.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how ice cream would have gluten. But, if this ice cream treat keeps you on track, why feel guilty?

I work wine into most of my days and never feel guilty about that.

Wine or Vodka are worked into my daily intake. I also love really good beer and on weekends workout extra so I may enjoy.
  • pianolover2012
    Options
    how the heck do you get gluten in your ice cream? ok, maybe if it's cookie dough or cookies and cream, or if you have it in a cone, but regular ice cream should not contain wheat products!

Any filler or "binder" usually contains gluten- scary stuff for people like me with Celiac.
  • pianolover2012
    Options
    If I'm going to save calories, I'm going to set aside only half of that 300 and eat some fully-sugared, fully-glutened ice cream!!

Are you cutting those things out for a real reason or do you just think that sugar and gluten are bad for you?

And yes, I indulge in ice cream often!

I have Celiac Disease- rough stuff!

Does ice cream have wheat products in it? I am confused?

A lot of the ice cream you buy in the grocery store does in fact contain gluten, crazy right? that crap's in everything.

Mst actually don't, unless you are going or the chocolate chip cookie dough, of course. A net ale exception is Blue Bell, they do have gluten even in simple favors, like chocolate.

I strongly suspect that this particular urban legend was started by someone who wanted to sell GF ice cream, just because they could.

Actually, the ice cream that I eat is not marketed as GF. You have to actually read ingredients and determine for yourself.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    We just got home from Menchies! Banked my calories and counted each yummy topping!