Jillian Michael's 30 day shred :-)

Options

Replies

• aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i want to do this but i don't want to buy it. i know it's on youtube but i dont understand the different levels and where to find ALL the videos.

this one has all three levels, it's what I use.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7BK7jpu3M
  • michigangirl75
    michigangirl75 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 4 and loving it :) Great Job to everyone!! And if your thinking about doing it, DO IT! You'll love it!! Keep up the great work!! =)
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30 DS er and am loving it. I'm on day 8 ish... I'm going to do one more day of L1 then go to L2. My advice: STRETCH more after! Haven't lost any weight but my clothes are lose, which is awesome! I like support and to be supportive, if u want to add me.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Is it me or is every female on the 30 DS?
  • Melizabeth84
    Melizabeth84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did 30 shred I am now on ripped abs in 6 weeks. I also found fitnessblender.com. I got bored with Jillian and a little annoyed lol
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    I'm not doing 30 Day Shred, but I've been eyeballing it at the store. (This was before I realized a lot of workouts are on youtube for free. --Don't kill the messenger, Mrs. Michaels.) I did do up to level 3 of JM's Ripped in 30, but I keep getting bored of doing the same ol' same ol', so I switch it out with some of her other DVDs like Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, Extreme Shed and Shred, or Killer Buns and Thighs. (I did do week 3 of the 30DS, but for only a day or so because that's where I was on ripped.) I realized that I need more cardio for my heart, so I'm trying to incorporate that in between. I took my 'before' picture. Let's see what happens in a month. My goal is to do one DVD every night, switching cardio and strength. Or I could do cardio then strength, but usually I'm beat and just want to roll over and sleep on my homework. :/ I hate cardio.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    How are you guys tracking your Shred workouts???
    I was actually curious about that. I was hoping the more patient among us on MFP had actually figured out just what they had been burning through all those planks, burpees, mountain climbers....etc. etc and I could just neatly click on each in the 'exercise' section for tracking. I bought a pedometer that calculates fat burn and calories, but I doubt it's really useful for much other than running or jogging since it's just doing math according to 'strides'. My watch calculates HR... I definitely need a better way of going about this.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Is it me or is every female on the 30 DS?
    Just about. I've noticed that too. I've had my boyfriend do it with me, and he complains that a lot of the moves are geared towards females as he's just not that flexible. I'm not that flexible either, but...yay physiological differences like wider and more angled pelvises.
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm interested. Is this going to be a group you create, or will everyone just be posting on this thread?
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    I'm interested. Is this going to be a group you create, or will everyone just be posting on this thread?
    I'm new here, soooo how do groups work?
  • jjdimmitt
    jjdimmitt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got the dvd and I am so down to join you :)
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    There's a big group starting Monday 3/25! 175 members or so! Join us if you want :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12856-fit4life-7-s-30-day-shred
  • Amanda241174
    Amanda241174 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have just tried to find the group Danielle but can't :(
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm Shredding! L1D5 today so still early days but I'm committed to finishing it (this time!). friends also on the Shred are very welcome!
  • mikki1987
    mikki1987 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am doing both 30ds and c25k at the same time and it's awesome :)
  • AmazingTech
    Options
    Gonna have to say bar the push ups, my upper body strength apparently sucks, not finding it all that difficult at level 1, I started it yesterday enjoyed it well enough and makes a change from pounding away on the treadmill, but I suppose if your starting from nothing It will be a killer,

any one got an idea of calories burned doing it?
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to say bar the push ups, my upper body strength apparently sucks, not finding it all that difficult at level 1, I started it yesterday enjoyed it well enough and makes a change from pounding away on the treadmill, but I suppose if your starting from nothing It will be a killer,

any one got an idea of calories burned doing it?

Of course, the individual's size, age and athletic levels will make a difference, I'm 5'3, 136 # and workout 4/5 times a week and I use a polar HRM. My calorie burn is 170 -190
  • sammie190489
    Options
    Hey all =)

I'm on Level 1 Day 1 and I'm really excited about this workout! I was working hard this morning and was surprised how much it really puts you through your paces!

Feel free to add me and share your successes =)

I'm off to Australia for a holiday in 29 days so I'm hoping to see a change before then! I'm bummed I'll miss day 30, don't think they airline would appreciate me doing the workout in the middle of the plane =P
  • finnvalley
    finnvalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for pointing me towards the shred, folks! Just completed L1D3 and my legs are definitely not hurting as much as yesterday. 30DS is tough going for someone like me who's never done anything like it before, but already I'm starting to see a difference...I managed 6 almost-push ups today before going for wall push ups, compared with 1 on day 1, so that's progress! I just hope I can figure out how to do crunches without my neck screaming in pain :-(