msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Because our bodies are the devil.

JX6dl.jpg

LOL I love this!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    that totally explains why I binged soo much yesterday! I was pmsing!:grumble:
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    last night i was at my boyfriends house. he ordered a large pizza. the dog was barking so he went to go run him outside on his skateboard. He left me alone.. in his room.. with the pizza.. he was gone for like twenty minutes. by the time he came back, there were 2 slices left on his nightstand and he found me in his kitchen eating left over cake out of the fridge. . no plate, just a fork and a tray of cake. he looked at me like i was crazy... i got my period this morning.. now im in bed at 12 :30 at night eating chocalote pudding and marshmallow fluff and pistachios.. i bascially havent stopped eating for more than 20 minutes in the past 4 days... just happy its cold out so sweat pants and a sweat shirt looks like a "normal" thing to wear right now.. no one has to know i cant button up my shorts for a week.. ahh depressing.. i feel your pain.. and i think it is normal because this happens to me EVERY month without fail since i was 14. i eat like a psycho for like a week and a half, cry at every animal shelter commercial and yell at people for no reason then tell them i love them and am so happy there in my life.. and then just go back to normal after.. just one more of the crazy emotional ups and downs that women have and men can't understand..
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    I never really liked chocolate and yet when I'm PMSing, I hunt for bakeries where I can plant my face into their most decadent chocolate cake. All I usually need to curb the "death by chocolate" phase, I discovered, is to eat a small piece of milk chocolate. I don't even need a whole bar of it...usually.
    :P
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    bump for joila's link
  • HollyJade07
    HollyJade07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When your on your period your cellular acticity and your metabolism boost at the same time causing you to burn more calories than you normally would which naturally means you are going to be hungrier.
  • supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i have found great consolation in reading 'time of the month tiger' memes
    tfO8b6y.jpg
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Since I've lost a good amount, my PMS has returned (which my dr. says is a very good thing - all systems working), but with that comes the appetite and cravings. Like this week, I've been thinking about a nice, juicy medium rare filet with a good sear...maybe a side of shrimp and sauteed mushrooms...

Ahh...but since I'm not all that great at cooking steaks (not a lot of practice) and my grandmother took her steak making secrets to the grave with her, I might just have to plan a cheat meal this weekend and visit my local Outback*

*The one near me does a great job on steaks and I can't afford the Met or Daniels Broiler!
  • monie1887
    monie1887 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was just complaining to my boyfriend about my darn cravings! which lately it has been peanut butter (peter pan honey roast!!) I normally dont care for sweet stuff but OMG during this time I want everytime in sight plus candy!

So not only am i emotional and always complaining about my pains but im hungry, best time of the month isnt it :sad: !!!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Because our bodies are the devil.

JX6dl.jpg

That is the funniest **** I ever read I swear!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    "As you lay in your bed doing nothing at all, your body is burning up fuel, or calories, keeping your digestive system working, helping your heart beat and all of the other wonderful things that happen inside us that we don’t have to think about on a daily basis. Every thirty days or so, the systems in your body pick up another task.

With the menstrual cycle, the week of your period makes your body do some extra work. This extra work burns more calories and your BMR actually goes up. In some women, the week of your period can make you burn up to fifteen percent more calories, and you haven’t changed a single thing about your lifestyle!

Of course, if you’re trying to figure out why your period makes you so hungry, the answer is clear. Your body is doing more work; your body needs more calories. To get the calories it needs, your body sends a message to your brain telling you you’re hungry more often. Since you’re feeling hungry, you eat."

Quoted from http://www.iibc.com/hungry-period/

Hahah that made me go "OHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh". That's a good explanation. :D

HAHA!! ME TOO!!!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i have found great consolation in reading 'time of the month tiger' memes
    tfO8b6y.jpg

BAHAHA!!!
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Some time I wish I would just bleed to death and get it over with!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    All I ever want to eat is blocks of cheese sigh! I mean seriously though how many extra calories is needed to shed the lining?
  • PanicMoon
    PanicMoon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    During that time of the month the body uses an extra 350 calories (though it varries from person to person).

Also if you get emotional, it could be emotional hunger and not real hunger~