This is what 6 months of dedication looks like

Options

Replies

• blondeee40
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!!!GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! Wonderful job! You seem to be so much happier!!!:drinker:
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW. Awesome dedication. You deserve it!
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow, you do not look 163 lbs.....Great job and thanks for sharing with us :smile:
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    Drivers License weight....hahaha awesome. You look fantastic girl, keep up the good work!
  • mandy9779
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Way to go!
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Good job! You even look younger!
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    you are stunning before and your smiling is just shining brighter in your after !! BTW, love the dresses :) Congratulations to you !
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful before and after. :)
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Drivers License weight....hahaha awesome. You look fantastic girl, keep up the good work!

The women on here have commented on this a lot. I guess we all lie on our DL :laugh: I am maybe the most proud to say I am -7lbs from the number on there! :tongue:
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are gorgeous! You look amazing! Great job!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Nice job,
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post. I must say your words encouraged me to go the extra mile today. Just looking at your pictures and realizing she must have worked hard to get there, so Now Im going for it, once again.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your post came on the right day at the right time and in the right direction...EXACTLY what I was sitting here pondering!
  • junebaby21
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your post came on the right day at the right time and in the right direction...EXACTLY what I was sitting here pondering!

So glad to hear. Just trying to pay it forward.
  • alexiaans
    alexiaans Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Today is the 6th month anniversary of my joining MFP. It has been a life changer.

I have never had low self esteem, but I was in denial about how I looked. I did not believe that I was overweight, but I did know I was out of shape and I wasn’t conscious of my food choices. Looking back at my pictures, I am amazed at how I looked.

THEN: I started this journey at 198 pounds on September 21, 2012. 32 BMI. Chest/waist/hips measured at 40-36-44.
    NOW: Today, on March 21, 2013, I have lost 35 pounds. My current weight is 163 and BMI is 26. At my last measurement, my CWH were 39-30-39.

I have lost 6 dress sizes, 5 pant sizes, 2 shirt sizes, 1 shoe size (yup!), 1 belt size
    I have gained more energy and a longer, healthier life.

When I made the decision to live a healthier life, I jumped right in by working out 4-5 times a week, even if it was just going for a 30 minute walk. My favorite exercise in the beginning was water aerobics, because it was a low pressure class that made me excited to go to the gym. Today I am active in many group fitness classes, but my favorite is kickboxing. I work out 6 days a week and plan all of my meals ahead of time. I have a major love affair with the Stairmaster (something I never thought I’d say). I am starting to train for my first 5k.

Here are some of my stats:
    9/21/12: Started MFP @ 198 lbs / 32 BMI
    10/1/12: Joined gym
    10/21/12: -10 lbs (188 lbs)
    11/3/12: Achieved "Overweight" BMI (29.9)
    11/10/12: -15 lbs (183 lbs)
    12/9/12: - 20 lbs (178 lbs)
    1/2/13: Got a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
    1/4/13: -25 lbs (173 lbs)
    2/4/2013: Achieved driver license weight (170 lbs)
    2/7/2013: -30 lbs (168 lbs)
    3/16/2013: -35 lbs (163 lbs)

My MFP friends have continually given me excellent advice. I bounced ideas off of them every time I hit a plateau or have a general question. I want to especially thank @fortebelle_verna for her unending commitment to her healthy lifestyle and her MFP friends. I saw her burning 1000+ calories with each gym visit, and I thought there was no way I would ever be able to accomplish that. She told me to start by aiming for a 500 calorie burn with every visit to the gym, which I thought was crazy!! But slowly I started to work my way up – and now I am burning 1000+ calories several days a week. Thank you, Verna. You have been my northern star, and I hope to pay it forward to my MFP friends.

Although the scale does not define me, I am the happiest I remember being.

I now see that what you put in your body affects your daily life. I don’t have a goal weight, although my ticker does say 50 lbs. I would like to be in the “Healthy” BMI range, which is still in another 7 lbs.

I was encouraged by my MFP friends to make this post, and I hope it has inspired someone. Blessings to you on your journey!

BEFORE PICS:
    11w7j8o.jpg
    34j2fx0.jpg
    2cqk67r.jpg

AFTER PICS:
    v6uu.jpg
    4sh06a.jpg
    e5r328.jpg
    8yuhq0.jpg

You are amazing! BF% are a load of crap in my opinion, get low but not being in the range isn't a measure of how well you've done. I mean look at your progress and that bod! You rock!
  • junebaby21
    Options
    A lot of you are saying to disregard the BMI, but I get a nice discount from my insurance if in the "Healthy" range. I am trying to achieve it for myself AND my pocketbook :happy:
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    STUNNING AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! GREAT JOB GIRL!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Good job. You are beautiful. Very inspiring.
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    :wink: Awesome work!!! Very pretty either way :) That gives me hope!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!