Nutella!

Options

Replies

• PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I know I'm nuts to everyone else in the world, but I can't stand it. Way too sweet.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    As long as you're keeping your portions moderate (1-2 servings at a time at most), 2-3 times a week is perfectly acceptable in my book. Nutella is amazing, and it makes the BEST hot chocolate ever.

Take 2-4 tbsp Nutella, drop it into some milk in a saucepan over the stove, and slowly heat it up, whisking constantly until it blends into the milk. It becomes frothy amazingness :smile:
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Eat it like this:

snacks_zps4f2ca53d.jpg

There's barely half a teaspoons of Nutella and peanut butter in each bite but tastes gooood. And it's healthier. One of your 5 a day!

Those look so good!!
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Eat it like this:

snacks_zps4f2ca53d.jpg

There's barely half a teaspoons of Nutella and peanut butter in each bite but tastes gooood. And it's healthier. One of your 5 a day!
    YES! Fabulous idea!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Eat it like this:

snacks_zps4f2ca53d.jpg

I do this with apples - a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of Nutella, sliced apples and dip away - delicious!
  • Ramberta
    Options
    They sell these little Nutella & Go snack pack things now. One package is 268 calories. Great way to get the Nutella fix with a little portion control.

6704624393_a239efc3db.jpg

^These are amazing! However, I can't buy more than one at a time, or else I'll just go back to the pantry for another, and another... :laugh:
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Another fantastic Nutella recipe is to create Nutella 'turnovers' by wrapping small dollops in little pieces of puff pastry. Just don't bake too many at a time if you won't be able to resist them! :laugh: That's why it's convenient that puff pastry is stored in the freezer, just take out what you need and save the rest for another time.
  • Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ... You might try mixing it with plain Greek yogurt (1 part Nutella to 4 parts yogurt.
    Looks like a yummy recipe to try
  • mssunshine_7
    mssunshine_7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I discovered nutella last year....it's awesome. hate peanut butter though. I can't wait to try it with greek yogurt and nutella with banana looks good too.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the obsession many have with Nutella. I tried it for the first time recently and it's just slightly waxy tasting chocolate spread.

But if you like it and have the calories for it, it's fine. I thought it was pretty good for dipping strawberries in, especially since most of the other spreadable/dippable chocolates at my store contained hydrogenated oil and Nutella did not.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Never had it.

Haven't been able to part with peanut butter.

Peanut butter and Nutella are nothing alike. Nutella has more in common with a Hershey chocolate bar than peanut butter.
  • mstoff1994
    Options
    If you know you can control your intake, then eat in moderation. Some of us can't, so I keep things like that out of the house.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    They sell these little Nutella & Go snack pack things now. One package is 268 calories. Great way to get the Nutella fix with a little portion control.

I don't think I can get my hand or enough fingers in the Nutella compartment to make sure it's completely cleaned out! :laugh:
  • dasulka123
    Options
    I love Nutella since i was a child... usually mix it with yogurt or into oatmeal..
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Try mixing some Nutella with unsweetened almond/coconut milk, then pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Super yum!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Nutella, if fact I might have to go and have a spoonful now haha. As long as it fits in your calories its all good.

I make Nutella buttercream cupcakes, they are the best thing ever but very addictive lol.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I know I'm nuts to everyone else in the world, but I can't stand it. Way too sweet.

You're not alone. I hadn't had it since I was a kid, then I recently bought some two months ago and it's not as good as I remember it, lol.
  • sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options
    Like the others said, it all depends on how much you have and how often you have it.
    I sometimes have it but it's not the kind of thing I'd have everyday - not because of its calories and fat content, but because I personally see it as a treat and I need to get into the mindset that treats are a "once in a while" type foods.
  • IRollC30
    IRollC30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I don't think I can get my hand or enough fingers in the Nutella compartment to make sure it's completely cleaned out! :laugh:

Haha :laugh:
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    way too much sugar for even once a week. Sorry