How worried are you about Easter?

Options

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Good question.

This year, I am not at all worried.

I have not had chocolate since December. It's a real weakness for me, and while I haven't forbidden anything in my diet, my goals are such that having chocolate isn't going to contribute to their success, so I've stopped eating it. Too easy.

Same for hot cross buns, there isn't room for that type of food in my life. My hormones don't like them.

In previous years, I have purchased Easter eggs and eaten them, had to buy more, eaten them, had to buy more, eaten them. Last year, I kept them in the garage so they weren't in the house and made it harder to eat them. All that happened was that I made night time trips to the garage. Big fail. Had to buy more.

This year, I have not purchased any Easter eggs. DD has declared that she knows the Easter bunny is BS, so quite frankly I am not even sure that I will buy any. Maybe a small few for DD for Easter Sunday but maybe not. We are going to the Sydney Easter show on Good Friday, and I'm sure my food choices will be somewhat restricted. I'm planning on having an ice cream for a great and maybe some chocolate, but that's about it. Once again, my goals are so clear, my focus is strong, I want what I want. I want a better life, a healthier life, a better body, and to live a long and vibrant life.

And a bit of chocolate isn't going to be the thing that stands in my way.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Easter is ONE day, what are you worried about? Just eat fewer calories this week or exercise more.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Not worried. Easter is just an average day for me.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I had to take the easter candy I bought for my boys to mother's house for safe keeping..if it is in my house, I will eat it. I already ate 2 small chocolate bunnies and had to replace them. So NO candy in my house! I am more worried about the 50% off sales AFTER Easter..... :S
  • Goldie2u2
    Goldie2u2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not worried at all. I'm not on a diet. It's one day and if there are leftovers that aren't 'healthy' enough to stay at my house, they will find a new home or go in the trash.

Exactly what I was gonna say-this is not a diet for me but my new way of life..some days I'll splurge but for the most part I am making good, healthy choices and that will offset it!

Also..I invited them to my house..THEN announced we're doing a taco bar..this way I can load up on the veggies..still have some treats..and not go crazy with the heavy foods. Everyone took it very well..plus it will be cheaper and easier. We'll splurge on some desserts..but there is NO law anywhere that say we need ham, mashed taters, stuffing..yada yada yada..that's not the reason to get together..and my family is seeing the weight loss on me this week which helps them realize how serious I am about this.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought about it. I'm celebrating Passover and Easter.... my in-laws always give me an Easter Basket. I guess I'll have to bring it to school right away and give most away to my students. I'll save the robin eggs and jelly bellies for me though!
    Passover isn't as much of an issue. hmm as long as I don't buy myself an entire container of macaroons or marshmallow twists.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am always worried about days when dead people start walking around.

I'm still waiting for the zombie apocalypse to start. :grumble:

Patience, Otis.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    We are doing the prime rib/lamb/bread pudding with whiskey sauce all you can eat buffet. At 4:30 in the afternoon. We will hike4-6 hours in the morning before hand. And I will pig out at the restaurant with all my friends. I am trying to avoid the Chinese buffet until then. And get in some extra exercise. BUT good grief! Ya gotta live once in a while or what's the point? I am so happy to spend the time with friends and enjoying food. I will likely try to eat a little lighter than I used to. But one day is not the end of my world.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would love to eat some chocolate candy for Easter, but I am not worried about it because I know no candy will be brought in
    this house!!!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Not worried at all. I'm not on a diet. It's one day and if there are leftovers that aren't 'healthy' enough to stay at my house, they will find a new home or go in the trash.

^^^This^^^
  • rtrcarrie
    rtrcarrie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    NOPE!
    I plan for holidays and part of that for me is looking up calories and fat/carb/protein contents of the foods that tempt me the most. Once I see the bad ones, I avoid those foods like the plague! I already know what kinds of candy I can eat safely (mostly just dark chocolate) and I always do it in moderation no matter how bad I want to eat a ton of it. Looking at my old pictures when I weighed what is now my goal weight helps and so does looking at pictures when I was 222 and in a size 18 pants and XL scrubs and 2XL t-shirts.
    Happy Easter everyone....and best of luck to us all!
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Can't say I am finding a lot of good deals in the stores because of it. Some things I wouldn't buy otherwise - particularly cheeses... and now I'm getting ramped up as the duckies and bunnies are hitting the fields. I can be our scampering more often too... LOL.

But no I am not on Saturday before Easter Sunday a friend of mine who is a personal trainer has already asked me to come over with a pot of one of my healthy soups for everyone to sample at a pot luck. I was kind of excited to here this as he has been one of my secret supporters and gives me so much energy when we chat and he gets inspired for others that he works with. So Easter, no... why worry.

He asked me to make my Hot and Spicy Two Bean Soup.... so how can I be worried...
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I'm not. I need to plan my food daily, just to make my required cals per day or close to it.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about any holidays. I'm in control of how much I eat. I eat till I'm full and stop. Sure, there will be goodies and there is nothing wrong with indulging a little on holidays. I just don't think it should be something you should worry about as long as you go back to normal the next day. :)
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I'm not. I need to plan my food daily, just to make my required cals per day or close to it.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    If you're worried, I may know where you can get some baskets.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Easter 2012 was the first "eating holiday" after I started MFP. I have made it successfully through a whole year of holidays now, and I am confident this Easter will be fine. I know what to do now and that I can control myself. Moderation and portion control. It has worked so far.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    If you're worried, I may know where you can get some baskets.
    You shouldn't take from the children like that. Especially the sick ones. Shame on you!
  • DistractedGrace
    Options

Me too!
  • rtrcarrie
    rtrcarrie Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Loving this !LOL!