Weight loss on a higher cal limit successes?

Options

Replies

• pinelakecutie
    pinelakecutie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ate 1350-1700 plus exercise calories to lose, so a total of 1700-2000+. It took about 6 months to reach my goal weight, then I lost a little more, and then I gained some back by got smaller (yay, strength training) so I didn't care.

Currently maintaining at about 2300 calories. I eat a little under that during the week and don't log my food on weekends when I eat a little more.

Photos and stuff: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/709987-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics

This is the most inspirational story I've seen since joining MFP. I have no problems with weight lifting; I've never been scared of bulking up, because I knew that wouldn't happen. But I was still captive to the calorie counting. MFP--and this story in particular--has changed all of that. You look unbelievable. THAT is the body I want. I know some people who eat almost nothing--and they have the body of little boys. I've also done the goal-weight-yet-still-fluffy thing. No thanks.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    TDEE - 20% is what you should eat. No less than your BMR.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and came to MFP at 180 lbs. I lost all the weight eating about 1600-1700 plus all my exercise calories. My average daily intake while losing was 2100 calories.

I maintain on 2300-2500 with spike days up to 3000 or so and I'm still getting leaner.

EDIT: You wanted photos...
    19313071_4113.jpg

Now... ish
    19313071_2797.jpg

19313071_6171.jpg

Total lost 36 lbs in about 8 months, but I took breaks to eat at TDEE for a week or so before every major race (3x in 2012)
  • jason10012
    jason10012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My limit on here is 1690 cals, and I work out and burn around 500 which I eat most of back. Was wondering who of you has done this and lost a lot? Photos would be great, and how long it took you. =)

I just posted a 3.4 lb loss this week eating close to or over 2000 calories a day. I'm almost done with insanity and I do eat my workout calories back. So far I've lost 42 lbs in just around 4 months
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was eating at around 1200 for a few months last year (eating high protein, low carb so I was NEVER hungry!) more obviously if i exercised. But then back in Oct last year i slowly increased my cals (by 100 a week) and now i'm at around 1700 daily, because i'm trying to maintain. I've lost about 5-ish more lbs though, and i'm getting smaller due to strength training. At first i had a real hard time trying to eat so much lol. and sometimes i'm still under 1700 (like today), and when i work out i usually am at around 2100 ( eating most, not all of my exercise cals back).

I'm still trying to figure out what the right daily cals is for me...but it's around 1700. I've gone from 210lbs (start of May last year) to 133ish (size 18-20 to a size 6). I have to say eating at a higher calorie level (but still healthy choices 99.9999% of the time!) is a lot more enjoyable! :)
  • StephieClay
    Options
    I started at 1680/day when I started this almost a year ago. I'm now on half a pound a week, just taking it a bit easier on myself, and I've lost a ton more weight on a higher daily intake (My original goal was 43 lbs, I'm slowly working on another 15, getting myself to a 58lbs loss) I really struggled on my 1350 a day as I approached my goal and then after I increased my intake my weight loss was somehow jump started again.

MFP has been pretty bang on and over the course of 11 months, I've lost 51lbs! I can't complain about that :)
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • becomingtherealme
    Options
    bump
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm over the magic no 41 where it all slows down and I eat 1800 then eat back half my exercise calories if I burn less than 700 and 3/4 if i burn more, loose between one and one and a half and pounds per week xxx keep going xx
  • michellekicks
    Options
    I'm over the magic no 41 where it all slows down and I eat 1800 then eat back half my exercise calories if I burn less than 700 and 3/4 if i burn more, loose between one and one and a half and pounds per week xxx keep going xx

That doesn't sound slow. You're eating at a target of 1800 plus exercise calories and losing over 1 lb/week... that's awesome!
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    I've been eating 1600 net each day as recommended by MFP (burn 500 calories a day, so 2100 total calories), but I haven't lost any weight in two months. I know that's the opposite of a success story, but if anyone could offer some insight, that would be amazing! :wink:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 plus up to 25% of my workout calories.
  • michellekicks
    Options
    I've been eating 1600 net each day as recommended by MFP (burn 500 calories a day, so 2100 total calories), but I haven't lost any weight in two months. I know that's the opposite of a success story, but if anyone could offer some insight, that would be amazing! :wink:

How did you get 1600 as a goal? What did you set your MFP weight loss goal to? What did you set your lifestyle activity level to?
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Girls that I eat (I do!!) add me, please! Especially if you have open diaries! It's hard looking at the diaries of most of my current MFP pals for inspiration, because it seems like everyone is going for 1200, not eating back exercise calories, and not even hitting that 1200 (netting 500-900 calories per day)! I can't do it, I'm too ravenous when I try!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 2000-2100 every day and losing an average of 1-2lb's a week doing this.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yes I increased my calorie intake and still lost body fat

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/935033-mom-of-2-insanity-results
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I NET between 1700-1900+ (calorie allowance is 1900, plus I eat back most of my exercise calories.) I've lost 25lbs. since January 1st. My profile picture is my comparison from then to now. Feel free to add me!

Same here!

oh and we have almost the same starting and current weights lol
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My limit on here is 1690 cals, and I work out and burn around 500 which I eat most of back. Was wondering who of you has done this and lost a lot? Photos would be great, and how long it took you. =)

I used to be able to eat that much and lose-- when I was 22 - 23. Things change!

You said it sister!

Isn't that the truth!!
  • gapm
    gapm Posts: 48
    Options
    150 to 120 netting 1700 cals and eating back exercise calories (mostly hiking):
    535356_10151751503765607_1690500749_n.jpg

Then I decided to eat at a calorie surplus and lift weights. This is 2 pics of me at 130:
    untitled.JPG

Not done yet, still working on it. Screw weight loss, I'm going for looking better now.
    You're my hero!
  • gapm
    gapm Posts: 48
    Options

How did you get 1600 as a goal? What did you set your MFP weight loss goal to? What did you set your lifestyle activity level to?

Don't know what the other person did, but I can tell you what I did and why. After I had lost about 30 lb with another 35 lb to lose, I re-entered the weight I wanted to be so MFP would give me the calories to maintain my target weight, not the calories to lose weight at my current weight. I was concerned because the research I read seemed to say that if I lost weight with low calorie diet, I would never be able to increase my calories when I got to my target. Since what I need to maintain my target weight (1580 calories/day) is lower than what I need to maintain my current weight, the net result is a calorie deficit. It is alos more than what MFP recommends if I wanted to lose 1 lb per week. Doing it this way means that I have to track my weight outside of MFP and it also means I lose more slowly, but I am indeed losing weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!