Gain weight during menstruation?

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetestHope
    Options
    I was on this week weighed was 121lbs weighed myself and was nearly 124 :/ back down to 120.8 lbs today and I'm still bloated. Was so worried. Never weighing when on again!! Lol
  • latprin
    latprin Posts: 16
    Options
    It's water retention, I wouldn't worry about it. Weigh yourself after it ends and you should be fine.
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate!! I felt discouraged earlier this week, when i stepped on the scale a day before my monthly and noticed a 4.6lb gain"! I literally freaked, because i have been eating so healthy & working out...tomorrow i step on the scale for my weekly weigh in...kinda anxious about it...i havent ever really gained more than 1lb during my monthly, since i joined mfp last july. Hang in there!
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There were a few threads very recently about this same subject, the MFP Community "Search" tool is your friend.
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Same for me. On the first day I'm super hungry I always gain 2 pounds but it goes away.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Your first period?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Your first period?

gotta be
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Did your cheat day consist of 7,000 calories above maintenance? If not, its water weight.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Water weight is an insanely annoying thing to see on the scale...which is why I measure success by inches lost, body fat %, and how my clothes look/feel.

I've been known to gain as much as 7 pounds of scale weight during TOM. None of that was fat, though.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    On Wen morning of last week I weighed 115.4 by Friday morning I weighed almost 121. Saturday TOM. I am sitting at 118 as of this morning and things are winding down so the rest will be gone in a few days. It happens every month.
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Your first period?

gotta be

You get a period? :noway:
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Did your cheat day consist of 7,000 calories above maintenance? If not, its water weight.

^THIS!!

Most likely a combination of both your cycle and water weight.
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Water weight is an insanely annoying thing to see on the scale...which is why I measure success by inches lost, body fat %, and how my clothes look/feel.

I've been known to gain as much as 7 pounds of scale weight during TOM. None of that was fat, though.

Tell me about it! This is the first time that my water weight has fluctuated SOOO MUCH! I'm usually up about 1.5lbs around TOM and then drop it, although, panicked when I was up almost 5lbs last Tuesday.

Surprisingly, I lost 3lbs this week, in addition to that water weight that crept onto my scale last Tuesday.
  • one985
    one985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's really a relief reading these replies!
  • annasparkles
    Options
    I usually gain 3lbs during when I have my period, this is just fluid retention and goes away as soon as the period ends. It can be frustrating seeing it on the scale but you just have to remember that what you see on the scale during this time is not an actual reflection of your weightloss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It'll go away. Yesterday I was a pound up from Sunday and my period began a couple hours later. Today the pound is gone, plus!