Like Minded Lushes - Part 1

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    WOW you guys have been busy since I last posted on page 4!!

I only drank ONE beer this weekend. It was a Widmer Hefeweisen. My favorite beer...but I have to say its not nearly as good in the bottle as it is on tap.

Anyone try the Heineken lite beer yet? I'm thinking that might be the next one I try. I loves me some Heineken.
  • jendykstra67
    jendykstra67 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, I already blew it. My goal was no drinking until Friday. I had a rough day at work and what did I do when I got home? Immediately popped open a beer out of habit. And to top it off, my hubby left me a voicemail that he wants to "talk" about how much I've been drinking lately. Gee, that'll be a fun conversation. I was really excited to show him that I could drink in moderation and only on weekends. Except I couldn't even make it through day one.
    :angry:

Jen
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Vino, Vino, and more Vino.

I offer myself the option to: Go out with friends are drink beer/shots, OR work out friday night, and drink a bottle or two of wine still being able to get up the next AM for a work out hardly hung over.

Sad, But true.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Final session for the Monday English course..... Quiches, pizzas, saucisson, lemon drizzle cake, chocolate cake, tropezian cake, clafouti, rose red and white....,. AND HYDROMEL - never had this before LUSCIOUS sauternes fermented with honey yum yum. Not got trolleyed , success , but my i have eaten naughty lol
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, I already blew it. My goal was no drinking until Friday. I had a rough day at work and what did I do when I got home? Immediately popped open a beer out of habit. And to top it off, my hubby left me a voicemail that he wants to "talk" about how much I've been drinking lately. Gee, that'll be a fun conversation. I was really excited to show him that I could drink in moderation and only on weekends. Except I couldn't even make it through day one.
    :angry:

Jen

Ugh. Good luck with that Jen.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I have to learn how to cook with wine without drinking it. I had an old bottle that we opened a while ago and forgot about so it only had one glass in it. (I think I passed out when it was open and DH put it away otherwise I wouldn't have an open bottle of wine in the house:laugh: ) I needed half for my sauce and of course I drank the rest. oh well tomorrow is another day.
  • georgespelvin
    Options
    You people are my lifesavers, haha. I'm on day two and it's pretty tempting... fortunately we have nothing in the house.

... but walking to the store would burn calories, right?

... but it's a tuesday night.

Life is difficult!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Drank whole bottle of wine and 2 rye and diet coke on Friday night. Only had 2 rye and diet coke on Saturday. Abstained on Sunday even though hubby had 2 beer. Wanted a drink tonight but abstained. Now I can't sleep. Only 3 more nights to get through until Friday when I will try to only have 2 drinks. I am cutting down. So I hope I can keep it up.

I am disapponited that I am not rewarded by the scale going down yet.

Jenn - My hubby also is on me about drinking too much. So I sympathize and we must find a better way to destress.

smwert
  • surlydave
    Options
    Robin - I wouldn't go beating yourself up over a half glass of wine!

George - welcome, and yes, many people here would tell you they exercixe SO they can drink, so walking to the liquor store counts!

No alcohol for me last night (day 2). Really not sure with my whole modified "use your drinks when you want" plan this week whether I am drinking tonight or not (this would be one of the days - based on earlier posts - that I "could")

Have a great day everyone! It's too f'ing early!!!
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post 'No alcohol drunk today' when I realised it was only 3pm so really it's not such a great achievement. Am going to see We Are Scientists tonight which always makes me want a beer as they are so good and LOUD!:drinker:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love a nice glass of white wine at the end of a hot summer day. I drink beer once in a while, but my biggest problem with drinking beer in the heat is the fact that I retain water very quickly. I do love my beer, but I reserve it for ballgames or when out with friends. A glass or two of white wine in the summer is my drink. It never stopped my weight loss because I always try to figure it into my day or at least try to.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Vino, Vino, and more Vino.

Yes, Yes and more Yes.

Wine is absolutely my downfall/obsession too. Dinner just doesn't seem right without it. :ohwell:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    ALISON ENGLAND

forget the 'no alcohol today' and have one for me, reckon it will be a good night - but get real and get a beer! In fact get 2 or 3

(remember that race I am doing....... I aint gonna play fair!) lol!!!! Have a good night
  • emmylou13
    emmylou13 Posts: 46
    Options
    LOVE this topic! I am in... I am a vodka / citrus girl... Nothing is better than a nice cool drink after a long day... what I need is to keep better tabs on what I am really drinking in terms of calories - and this thread is perfect... I guess I can call last night day-1... I will keep it going tonight and wed night.... but fully intend to go to happy hour thursday night and enjoy one drink... :) or two... hopefully not 3... haha
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I abstained from the booze last night. I had pie instead. I had cals for both from the exercise I did....but I also did a pretty massive amount (for me) of circuit/weight training and I know my body is going to retain water from that alone so adding beer or wine to the mix would only make it worse.

Friday is one day closer! Hehehehe
  • h20lillys
    h20lillys Posts: 31
    Options
    I had several beers last night. After reading all the posts and posting myself I really wanted to go lay by the pool and have some beer. And, well i did that and had pizza for dinner, and not just one or two pices, maybe 4 or 5. At least I went and played softball for a while.
    Back on track for the rest of the week and I am going to attempt none on Friday. I really need to have good work outs this week.
  • georgespelvin
    Options
    Ended up watching the world cup replay with a cup of tea instead of the walk. The good: no beer. The bad: no walk, but since it's only ten minutes both ways I think I'll survive. ;)

Going for a day three. We'll see!
  • surlydave
    Options
    Ended up watching the world cup replay with a cup of tea instead of the walk. The good: no beer. The bad: no walk, but since it's only ten minutes both ways I think I'll survive. ;)

This is actually an interesting question: would it be better to work out and drink but stay within your calories or not workout but also not drink and stay within your calories? Or doesn't it make a damn bit of difference?
  • georgespelvin
    Options
    I've heard contrasting things, I honestly think it depends on the person. Apparently some people swear that any drink will kill your metabolism dead, but my roommate is a fitness freak and drinks all the beer in the world and is still super skinny.

In conclusion: I have no clue.
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day! :happy: Finished the day under my calorie goal, got some excercise working on building a GINORMOUS pergola over my deck, and I didn't drink anything other than my morning Starbuck's coffee and at least 10 glasses of water. If day two of no alcohol goes as well, I'm on my way! :drinker: