Weigh-ins

Options

Replies

• favoritepie
    Options
    Good Morning
    I used to train and honestly you lose inches before those pounds drop and you know what you will gain first because your building muscle. Here's what happened to me I would weight periodically and see a few pds drop but once the muscle started to build the numbers increased a bit or just stayed where they were. So I decided to focus on performing the exercises correctly and never weighed for at least a year or two and couldn't believe how far down the numbers were. i went from 150 to 115. So get your mind on consistentcy proper form exertion your eating etc and not the scale. Once a month to weigh if you have a strong need but don't over do.
  • helpthepiggys
    helpthepiggys Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week about the same time every week too...in the morning. If I weigh in more then that and do not see a weight loss I get upset and blow the whole day.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month. I started out weekly but would get discouraged if I didn't see any progress in the week. This way, even if I have a couple of bad days in a row I don't feel like I am sabotaging my efforts. Knowing that the weigh in is the accumulation of 4 weeks of work helps me put things in the right perspective. Also on March 1 I saw a 5 lb difference which made me feel waaayyy better than a 1 or 0.5 lb difference. Find which method works for you.
  • LeeLeeLooLoo51812
    LeeLeeLooLoo51812 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My wiifit IS on carpet. Ill have to start putting it in the kitchen as I weigh myself since my kitchen is connected to the room where our gym is.

I think once a week will work for me. Im not sure I could go an entire month without weighing in :O
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week same time each week. Try taking measurements aswell sometimes i have found scale has gone up or stayed the same but i have lost inches. I like to go by how my clothes fit you know if that pair of jeans is getting loser your going the right way if theym a bit tight not so good!
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's pointless weighing everyday!

Once a week is plenty!!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    It's pointless weighing everyday!

Once a week is plenty!!

for some. I like knowing where the patterns are, and often i go up again for 3 days after a loss, and then down, and then drop under, then up again. But that's a 6 day cycle, and if i weighed once a week i might not hit that point.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Weigh daily, but record it once a week.

I will say though, Its disheartening to weigh in at a certain weight, then see the numbers fall all week just to go back up again on weigh in day again lol.

Thats life.

Edit: I must admit though i'm not going by the scales, i'm going by my measurements. I can plateau for 3 weeks but still lose 5cm.

Scales only tell part of the story.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yeah once a week is probably best. But I am addicted I even get a kick out of checking my weight after going to the restroom lol It's a sickness I tell you.
  • smarttart19
    smarttart19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Once a week is probably about right but I must admit I hop on the scales at the same time every morning - just in case I've suddenly put on 3 stone overnight !!! - but I know that your weight can fluctuate by a few lbs a day so I don't beat myself up about it. I really need to get the tape measure out and measure myself as well. Onwards and downwards xXx
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    once a week, saturday morning.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I make myself wait and do it weekly on Fridays, this keeps me motivated. Start wanting to weigh myself by Tuesday and not doing it helps me eat right until Friday so I can see a loss. Only 1lb or a little less each week, but in the right direction
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    I check in my weight here once a week, after my weekly weigh in at a exercise class butI usually weigh myself most mornings as I like to keep an eye on things.It's just me being impatient/nosy
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think how often you weigh in is completely a personal preference. I weigh myself once in the morning and once in the evening. I just like to see the fluctuation. I also wont put in my weight unless it has stayed the same for at least 2 days. I have some friends on here that only weigh in once a week, or twice a week. Heck some people even go as far as to only weigh themselves once a month. It depends on what you're comfortable with.

If you still can't decide, then going with once a week is a good bet.
  • KellyBlackx
    Options
    I keep weighing myself all the time, I can't stay away from the scales either and then I get really annoyed when I haven't lost anything:L
  • mhcook
    mhcook Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been weighing every 10 days. not sure why that number. I have just re-starting monitoring my weight again and it feels right. For me, I'm afraid of falling into the weight 'trap' of putting too much pressure on the 'number'.
  • JessMmmkay
    Options
    I heard once a week is good.. I'm trying to get into that. I struggle with the "weigh-in everyday" thing. :(
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what suits you. I prefer to weigh daily, and then I EXPECT to not have lost, or to see a gain now and then due to normal fluctuations. Then instead of looking at two weights, I look at the chart for the month, or the past 3 months. I'm a slow loser and I often wouldn't see any progress if I weighed once a week, whereas weighing daily I don't get disappointed because I know it's too short a time to see any progress! But I know this doesn't suit most people.

this!
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but log the weight once a week. Going to try to stop weighing myself everyday as it puts me off when I way a little more one day
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I weigh in EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have a separate app on my phone to log my weight daily it also tracks my BMI. I can export to excel and play with it more. .. I do this so that I can get a good reading of how my body changes before TOM after TOM and what foods do what to my body.

My official weigh in days here are on Fridays.

This has kept me going.. I know that not everyday I will see a loss and some I will see a gain.. This has worked for me so far and I am going to stick with it..

I get to see the next morning what a McDonalds meal or Wendy's meal does to me so I don't slack the rest of the week thinking oh well its just one meal that turns into eating out 5 or 6 times.

Try different methods out.. Weekly, daily, Monthly, Bi-Weekly until you find something that works for you.

I also take lots of pics at 5lb and 10 lbs loss marks.. Then put up side by sides... I like to see my body shrinking.. Sometimes looking in the mirror I don't see that even though I have lost 40+ lb.s