Please post your MOST IMPORTANT weight loss tip :)

Options

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    research to make your favorite meals healthier.
    almost anything can be made healthier and still taste awesome.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    count your macros, and lift, muscle burns fat.. eat right thats all its about
  • wmagoo27
    wmagoo27 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The single greatest weapon in the arsenal of weight loss is common sense.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Pushing myself to lift heavier.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    patience and positivity! (probably not the most important but others were already mentioned so yeah :) )
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Put the cake down!
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Don't eat garbage. Drink water and cut the sodium.
  • jgbkab
    jgbkab Posts: 24
    Options
    You won't get a fit body like the ones you admire in the profile pics within a week or a month. You can't use someone else's diary as the blueprint for your diet. You will plateau so plan ahead. Study your diary to try to understand what works for you. And no matter how disgusting you think you look, take a before picture. The changes you see as you progress will keep you motivated.
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    never permit someone being judgmental towards you become a stumbling block!
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    figure out your TDEE and eat daily calories under that number and above BMR
  • Fatbirdtalking
    Options
    Be honest, log absolutely everything (even on a bad day!) and do it for you, not because you are told to by someone else
  • richel_1985
    Options
    Determination is the key! Set your goal and enjoy doing it!
  • williamharnett
    Options
    Count every calorie. The diary on here has made it so simple. Take advantage of it. Be sure to have some citrus every morning. I try to have it before every meal. It helps with digestion. I also eat some dark chocolate a few nights a week. Just be sure to count the calories. Lastly. GOALS, GOALS, GOALS!!! Good luck everyone!
  • Audrey24HisSuccessStory
    Options
    Re-commit to your goals a couple of times each day. Each time I log in to record one of my meals or details about my exercise, I scan the success stories message board and read about the successes other MFP members are enjoying. This reminds me to reflect on what I hope to achieve and to consider what I have already achieved -- how good it feels to already be enjoying the health benefits of carrying 30 fewer pounds around.

Note: I carried two ten-pound weights up a flight of stairs yesterday. I couldn't believe how heavy they were. Then I realized that I had been carrying around the equivalent of three ten-pound weights on my body all the time not that long ago. It feels so good not to be carrying that extra 30 pounds around anymore. I'm looking forward to getting rid of a whole bunch more of those ten-pound weights....

I also finding revisiting your long term goals daily and visualizing yourself in the future, as super motivating. Also, when a "binge attack" comes on, I grab my tum and am reminded that I have excess junk food on my body already! I do have a "splurge meal" once per week and do allow myself a few small bites a day to avoid insanity and binge eating. However, if it's a "binge food," i've learned from experience, not to even take a first bite. I turn to my Higher Power, Jesus Christ, have two glasses of water, distract my mind and replace whatever i'm craving with something like a granny smith apple or greek nonfat plain yogurt.

Best wishes to everyone! Love these tips and thanks for sharing.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Don't drink pop.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's a combination of equally important tips that keep me in the game. My favorites at the moment -

1. Drink green tea every morning
    2. Use your anger/sadness/frustration to fuel your motivation instead of allowing it to fuel your appetite.
    3. Log everything.
    4. Incorporate fruits and vegetables into your meals as much as possible.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    unprocessed food has satiation vs calorie ratio
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast and drinking a ton of water (these are the most important for me anyway). To each their own.

^^^^^^^
    this exactly :tongue:
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    re: post that said weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens at the gym....that is brilliant advice! I am learning this lately. very true.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Track your calories IN....AND....Track your calories OUT (With a fitbit, BodyMedia, etc). If you are in a deficit daily, you are moving in the right direction!