This is what 6 months of dedication looks like

Options

Replies

• Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You look like a whole new person! Amazing!!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You did a great job and look tremendously " BEAUTIFULL"

Basil
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • virgogirl916
    virgogirl916 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration :) Way to go!!!!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful! Proud of you :)
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You looked amazing to start with but great job!!
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    HOT HOT HOT
  • BoyShorts
    Options
    I am blown away by your success. You're a beautiful lady, inside and out! Thank you for your post - and for keeping such awesome records that we all can indentify with!

Congratulations!!
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy! And great! :) How tall are you?
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy! And great! :) How tall are you?

5'6"
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fabulous darling, LOL. Good job!
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Junebaby21 your progress is amazing!!! I was looking at your pics and love the dress in the last two pictures!!!! Could you tell me what place to got it!!!! Thank you
  • BrokenCowgirl
    BrokenCowgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, so inspiring. You look fantastic!! You're a Beautiful Girl!!
  • mistytopp
    mistytopp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today is the 6th month anniversary of my joining MFP. It has been a life changer.

I have never had low self esteem, but I was in denial about how I looked. I did not believe that I was overweight, but I did know I was out of shape and I wasn’t conscious of my food choices. Looking back at my pictures, I am amazed at how I looked.

THEN: I started this journey at 198 pounds on September 21, 2012. 32 BMI. Chest/waist/hips measured at 40-36-44.
    NOW: Today, on March 21, 2013, I have lost 35 pounds. My current weight is 163 and BMI is 26. At my last measurement, my CWH were 39-30-39.

I have lost 6 dress sizes, 5 pant sizes, 2 shirt sizes, 1 shoe size (yup!), 1 belt size
    I have gained more energy and a longer, healthier life.

When I made the decision to live a healthier life, I jumped right in by working out 4-5 times a week, even if it was just going for a 30 minute walk. My favorite exercise in the beginning was water aerobics, because it was a low pressure class that made me excited to go to the gym. Today I am active in many group fitness classes, but my favorite is kickboxing. I work out 6 days a week and plan all of my meals ahead of time. I have a major love affair with the Stairmaster (something I never thought I’d say). I am starting to train for my first 5k.

Here are some of my stats:
    9/21/12: Started MFP @ 198 lbs / 32 BMI
    10/1/12: Joined gym
    10/21/12: -10 lbs (188 lbs)
    11/3/12: Achieved "Overweight" BMI (29.9)
    11/10/12: -15 lbs (183 lbs)
    12/9/12: - 20 lbs (178 lbs)
    1/2/13: Got a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
    1/4/13: -25 lbs (173 lbs)
    2/4/2013: Achieved driver license weight (170 lbs)
    2/7/2013: -30 lbs (168 lbs)
    3/16/2013: -35 lbs (163 lbs)

My MFP friends have continually given me excellent advice. I bounced ideas off of them every time I hit a plateau or have a general question. I want to especially thank @fortebelle_verna for her unending commitment to her healthy lifestyle and her MFP friends. I saw her burning 1000+ calories with each gym visit, and I thought there was no way I would ever be able to accomplish that. She told me to start by aiming for a 500 calorie burn with every visit to the gym, which I thought was crazy!! But slowly I started to work my way up – and now I am burning 1000+ calories several days a week. Thank you, Verna. You have been my northern star, and I hope to pay it forward to my MFP friends.

Although the scale does not define me, I am the happiest I remember being.

I now see that what you put in your body affects your daily life. I don’t have a goal weight, although my ticker does say 50 lbs. I would like to be in the “Healthy” BMI range, which is still in another 7 lbs.

I was encouraged by my MFP friends to make this post, and I hope it has inspired someone. Blessings to you on your journey!

BEFORE PICS:
    11w7j8o.jpg
    34j2fx0.jpg
    2cqk67r.jpg

AFTER PICS:
    v6uu.jpg
    4sh06a.jpg
    e5r328.jpg
    8yuhq0.jpg

your my inspiration!! i weigh your before weight and that's after losing 22 pounds i want to get down to your size!!!! well done!!!!!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    great work, you look fantastic, wtg
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job, you look fantastic! BTW, your style is so cute!
  • Tenzuya
    Tenzuya Posts: 64
    Options
    You look so much younger!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspiring for me! I started at the same weight, and i'm now 70 days and down 16. I hope that by 6 months like you i could be at the weight you're at! You're looking awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!