Is anyone terrified of falling off the treadmill??

Options
1235»

Replies

• Jillian2128
    Jillian2128 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It also makes me nervous! I always wear the safety clip when I run, so that way if I fall at least the machine will stop lol
  • Kali2024
    Kali2024 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nope!
    I have that same fear......
    Its one of the reasons I always hold on to the rails and stuff! :blushing:

I never walk straight. I tend to veer to the right, then to the left.... its kinda funny. When I am walking next to someone, I am always bumping into them.
    So when I walk on the treadmill I have to actually focus on walking straight and I get this fear that I'm going to start veering off to the side and accidently put my foot on the machine and not on the moving tread and then fall very awkwardly. :laugh:
    So I hold on to the rails so that if I lose focus, I'm still "safe".... :ohwell:

Hahahaah me too!! When i first joined a gym is wen ifirst ran onthe treadmill a year ago (always run outside) and i actually almost did the typical movie tumble cause i put my foot on the side and couldnt catch up to et my footing back... It was sooo embarrasing
  • AkimaGabsMom
    AkimaGabsMom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got distracted and forgot to walk for a moment.... went right off the end! Luckily, it was at home and the hubby was in the other room at the time. :blushing:
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of falling off the treadmill, but ellipticals totally trip me out. I feel like it's moving my legs for me and I'm not in control of them and can't stop! Like my legs are just moving independently of the rest of my body.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have to look straight ahead... mostly at the timer, just to keep me walking straight. If I glance up at the TV or around the room, I'll vear to the side. Haven't fallen yet, but did hit the side of the track a few times.

It took me quite a while before I could let go and walk without the rails. And then had to work up to actually jogging. I' want to increase my speed, but that's when I feel like I'm going to fall off.

And I always make sure I'm wearing the emgergency pull cord.

Good Luck and Stay Safe !!
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yes I am terrified. I have fallen off before. I did the same thing as the guy above, my ipod fell and I automatically tried to grab it, ended up on the gym floor in front of everyone. LOL. I was 15 at the time so it was a big deal to me. I much prefer running outdoors :)