What's your bad habit?

Options

Replies

• Pyr8qn
    Pyr8qn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No - it's not bad -- It's 1 day. Enjoy it and cut back a little somewhere else. No biggie wink:
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I interrupt people and finish their sentences.

its rude and i realize im doing it, i just cant help it.
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Most def the drinking on the weekends...BUT on April 29th I have been 1 year smoke free!!! :drinker:

Wow! Congratulations!
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of diet coke and coffee. The coffee will probably be a lifetime thing (I don't think it's too bad for you.) Diet coke I will give up someday....
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    My 2 cups of coffee a day. It's 60 calories for both cups. Not too bad but something I could do without.

Diet drinks. I'm not too worried about it but again, something I could live without. They really did help me kick my sweet tooth.

I had to stop buying natural white cheetos puffs because I would just eat the whole bag.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Drinking, have a beer a few nights a week. Need to cut down!

& smoking also doesn't fit in my new healthy lifestyle!
  • vs779
    vs779 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • vs779
    vs779 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat steady all evening long...from boredom...lonely...tired...a big problem...I make good choices during the day healthy breakfast..snacks during the work day are fruit and veggies ...I make a nutricious healthy tasty satisfying lunch for work each day....Then i walk in the door from work and start cooking supper...and it begins...I over eat supper...too big of a portion...and then I start to pick/snack/binge/mindless eating until I have a stomach ache usually two/three hours of snacking. I don't have junk food in my house...or any of the other foods that I can't control but still I am a 80 pounds overweight from this bad habit of over eating in the evenings. Help!!!!!

That night eating habit is hard to break. Change up your after work routine and break this bad habit. One thing I did was eat before I came home and by 7pm I had no urge or less urge to eat.
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was seriously addicted to Pepsi. I quit it for a while, then think I can try it again and just start up again. If I need a pop, I needs to stay away from Pepsi and drink something I don't like as much. I haven't had a Pepsi in a month, so I'm hoping it works this time.
    I also bite my nails. It's gross and I know it's dirty under there, but I've always done it.
    I quit smoking 5 years ago January and still miss it. :sad:
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I leave my clothes in a little pile on the floor, drives my Husband crazy, my excuse is that a Jedi died there!
  • telt4
    telt4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My bad habit was smoking, but have been smoke free for one whole week now! I know its just a start but I cant turn back now. I just gotta take it one day at a time!
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Eating junk food while at work which usually consists of high carbs and sugar. I work nights in an ER and it seems there is never time to sit down to a proper meal. I generally work 6 straight 12 hours shifts. So that is 6 days of eating "wrong". Since joining MFP I've started taking foods - like carrots, wheat thins, fruit, etc. I try to put a serving in baggies so that I know if I only have a few minutes to grab something, it will be a healthy something.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congrats on staying smoke free for a week. A very difficult, but not impossible, task.
  • karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    saturday night drinks followed by hangover munchies!
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Most def the drinking on the weekends...BUT on April 29th I have been 1 year smoke free!!! :drinker:

Same here with the drinking...I have yet to quit smoking :( But SOON. Very soon. I'm getting there mentally and I know I'm just about over the edge and ready to quit. Congrats on your year! That's a major accomplishment :flowerforyou:

Quit drinking about 12 years ago, but still working on quitting smoking. The more I workout, the less I crave, so SOON I will be ready to quit for good.
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    BREAD. Rrrrgg. I am fine not having it around at all, but husband isn't...so there is always temptation. Gotta buck up and resist temptation, or have him keep it in his car.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    My bad habit was smoking, but have been smoke free for one whole week now! I know its just a start but I cant turn back now. I just gotta take it one day at a time!

Well done you! I'm still smoking ... but I have it in my mind that this year sometime will be the right time. I have cut down to half what I used to smoke, just this last 'half' to tackle now.

Once again, well done, the first week of your non smoking life!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Horrible sweet tooth. It doesn't help that my husband has one too so there are always sweets in the house. If I don't see them, however, I can do without them.

^This is me!! My boyfriend has just as bad of a sweet tooth as me, and is in fact starting to put on a few pounds himself because of it... but he's not overweight by any stretch of the imagination so I'm letting him do what he wants. In fact, it's almost good that he can shovel it all down, because his mom has this habit of buying sweets for us! :laugh:
  • AmeliaCoyle01
    Options
    My bad habit is probs eating a lot of one thing