There is no nice way to put this...

Options
How do you prevent 'runner ****s'..you know... when you are running and you get the urge to poop while running , so you run faster.. and then when you finally get the chance to go , you can't stop, you get goosebumps and chills like you are gonna throw up, and like I said, there is no nice way to put this, your @-hole hurts constantly.. I ran a 5K this morning, nothing new, but the humidity was rediculous.. and midway through my run I felt the urge to go, and now I was late for work bc I couldn't get off the pot, and now I am getting cold chills and its very uncomfortable to sit if I've been standing a while.. I am almost certain I do not have any hemmrhoids.. help..

Replies

• balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Doesn't sound like its the running....something you ate? And...any chance you might be pregnant? I'm only asking because this was my 26-y/o daughters first symptom. Diarrhea after exercising.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Yikes, so I won't try running anytime soon. :sick:

Hopefully someone here can help you.
  • CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Options
    Whew! That sounds brutal. I cant say I have experienced this, but here is a thread you can read and what works for other people!
    Good Luck!

http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/marathoners/poop-question
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    I always make sure I give myself enough time BEFORE my run to go. If I go before then I don't get the urge to go during.
  • danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    no pregnancy, the hubby is deployed right now... has been for almost 6 months.. I have gotten like this from running before.. I just need to figure out how to prevent it.. ive never been like this from something ive eaten.. i tend to have a cast iron stomach and nothing really upsets it... thanks for the replies though...
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I always make sure I give myself enough time BEFORE my run to go. If I go before then I don't get the urge to go during.

This! I usually drink a couple glasses water and go potty before I go run. havent ever expierenced this problem
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
  • delilahthegoddess
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. But I don't have a solution.:sad:
  • katie_3011
    Options
    If you drink lactose before you run you tend to get a "code brown". Make sure that you don't have any milk products (even if you are not lactose in tolerant) 2 hours before you run
  • TheGreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I'm almost wondering if it's some sort of dehydration related thing. Just theorizing.

Didnt eat anything spicy within the last 24 hrs prior did you? That messes me up something fierce.
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    I know alot of runners who take anti diarreal medicine before they run. If you eat, wait 2 hours after you eat before you run. I know that's a pain, but it is something that runners deal with more than you might think. The fact that you are running makes things go quicker in your colon, so you end up having to poop really bad. You also get excess gas and cramps. I would give yourself plenty of time after you eat to run, and when you are done, definatley drink alot of water/gatorade. You should feel better a little while after, and if your body isn't used to it, ask your doctor if he can prescribe you something like dicyclomene. I take that, problem solved.
  • danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nope nothing spicy.. but I didn't even think about being dehydrated.. i drink lots of water but i just recently started drinkin coffee at nights and i know that its a natural laxitive AND a diruetic..hmmmm
  • kallio
    kallio Posts: 70
    Options
    You are a brave one for putting this on here!!

Could be the coffee for sure!
  • ohdank
    ohdank Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey..

It's called the runners trots! I get it especially if i get dehydrated. Stay hydrated, avoid caffeine and sugar before runs...can happen if increase your mileage, too.

when it happens I feel horrible and drinking a coconut water helps alot with the eloctrolytes.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Hey..

It's called the runners trots! I get it especially if i get dehydrated. Stay hydrated, avoid caffeine and sugar before runs...can happen if increase your mileage, too.

when it happens I feel horrible and drinking a coconut water helps alot with the eloctrolytes.

I thought Coconut 'milk' was a laxative?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'm almost wondering if it's some sort of dehydration related thing. Just theorizing.

Wondering the very same thing Hon, plenty of water especially during the bad heat! :drinker:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    dang girl you ran so fast you made your bowels move! omg thats crazy! does this happen to everyone that runs? if so, not sure if i can handle that much "stress".
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You are a brave one for putting this on here!!

Could be the coffee for sure!
    Hey we're family here :laugh: and sounds like she's got some good advice now on what's going on!:drinker:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yes, running is really good for keeping you "regular!" ;) Our Drill Sergeants in Army Basic Training would release us to the barracks for a few minutes (after we had run a couple of miles each day--up and down a small mountain) before we went to breakfast. There was always a race to see who reached the toilets first! I guess if we had run farther, it might have been worse....
    Hope you got the answers you needed. :drinker: