How can you "not like breakfast?"

Options
groversa
groversa Posts: 450 Member
I hear people say it all the time!
I LOVE breakfast, I feel empty without it! I used to not eat breakfast, but once I got into a habit of it, I NEED it!

But I never said I didn't like breakfast..just that I didn't eat it.
So whats up? Are those people just eating really crappy foods?

Do you love your breakfast or "not like it".
Why?? What do you have?

Replies

• cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have this "morning sickness" and I have way too much acid in my body when I wake up in the mornings so it makes me sick and I can't eat breakfast , I hate I don't like it and I can't look at food or I gag lol I have days where this won't happen but it's RARE I eat my breakfast around 9:30-etc is when I start to feel betterish but anytime before that its a no go.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, I can't function without breakfast! I eat the most early in the day because that's when I tend to be most hungry. Plus I love breakfast foods :)
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have this "morning sickness" and I have way too much acid in my body when I wake up in the mornings so it makes me sick and I can't eat breakfast , I hate I don't like it and I can't look at food or I gag lol I have days where this won't happen but it's RARE I eat my breakfast around 9:30-etc is when I start to feel betterish but anytime before that its a no go.

Omgoodness.. I would probably die. lol
  • AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't hate breakfast. I'm not a morning eater. I seriously don't get hungry until around noon.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I dunno how people don't like it (short of feeling sick in the morning, that I can understand). It's my biggest meal of the day, and usually the ONLY meal of the day. I love nothing more than a good breakfast with eggs and meat and berries and coffee. :)
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    To lose weight or they wake up too late. Some just aren't hungry! I love breakfast especially after a workout hehe.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast..

I do not love dessert..

Que cera cera
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

I'm the same way! Unless I get literally like 10 hours or more of sleep, I always feel HORRIBLE for the first hour or two after I wake up. ALWAYS. I feel sick eating too soon after I wake up. Even just the thought of food makes my stomach feel kind of sick. Usually I wait until an hour or two after I wake up to eat breakfast. On days where I won't have another chance to eat until lunch in the mid-afternoon, I try to force myself to eat something small, like a banana or a granola bar because that's all my stomach can take and it's better than nothing.

I'm so glad someone else understands lol!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i'm not hungry first thing in the morning. i'm hungry at night. therefore i leave my calories for later
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    I get up at 5.20am and go for my run. When I get back I have a shower, and make a coffee. The coffee keeps me going till I get to work, and even so it is usually an hour (sometimes two hours) before I get around to eating breakfast.

I am just not hungry before that.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrbz19Y9jq1qm3nlgo1_500.gif

I love Breakfast no matter what time of day. LOOK^^^^ Its Bacon, Eggs, waffles, pancakes, Biscuits, Gravy.Sausage it is all wonderful.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My morning consists of a big glass of chocolate milk and that's it. I can't stomach food in the morning, makes me feel crappy for hours...I can definitely say that I do not like breakfast.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Usually have something light for breakfast pre-workout or nothing at all, on rest days I just sleep in so I don't even worry about breakfast because I don't have work and class until the afternoon.

It does help me stay ahead of my calories though I should do it more often...
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    because your body still has fuel from dinner and it hasn't digested fully yet.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I hate it because I'm never hungry in the mornings, and when I do eat it, it makes me feel tired and sluggish. I'm not a morning person to begin with. Coworkers know to wait until 10:00 am to talk to me...lol.

But, my doctor told me I need to eat something. So I do a protein shake about 30 mins after waking up and something light around 10 am. Usually a piece of fruit.
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with breakfast. Some mornings I'm like CAN'T I JUST SLEEP MORE. Other days I hoover it down like I haven't eaten for a week. I think variety keeps me interested :)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast! My favorite "dinner" is breakfast food.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I don't hate breakfast, I'm just not typically hungry first thing in the morning.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I can't eat breakfast until I've been up at least two hours, or else I will get sick within 30 minutes of eating. Been that way since I was a kid. I used to not have breaky at all because of the fear of it making me feel awful, but I'm able to eat it now, as long as I give myself enough time. :)
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry when I get up in the morning, and I feel better throughout the day if I don't start out with a big meal. Eating breakfast makes me feel sluggish and bloated, and I get hungrier much faster. I typically have a protein shake after I've been up for awhile, and that works for me!