How can you "not like breakfast?"

Options

Replies

• CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It depends. I do not like "breakfast foods" such as pancakes, waffles, maple syrup, cereal, and I can only eat eggs with massive amounts of hot sauce. I like to eat when I first wake up. Unless its early or i didnt get enough sleep. Then I do not.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and breakfast foods. I rarely have time to do it up right though so I usually grab something fast. A breakfast sandwich or a poptart. Not the best food, but I have to eat.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My morning consists of a big glass of chocolate milk and that's it.

This was me for the longest time. I've adapted to eating cereal during the week and omelettes on the weekend. On the rare occassion, I like to go to Cracker Barrel and get sausage, ham, bacon, eggs, biscuits, and hashbrown casserole.

BUT, for the most part... You can count me as someone who doesn't like breakfast. Anytime before 9 AM, I am FORCING myself to eat, and I gag most of it down. Rather than eat "breakfast"-y foods, I would rather have something not typical for breakfast...
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im just not very hungry in the morning. I go straight for the coffee. Lol. Which probably fills me up before hunger hits.
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    Options
    I used to eat far too much, stuff myself, and then shortly after go to bed. I would always feel queasy and a little off the next day when I woke. So I wouldn't eat breakfast and would wait until well into the day to eat, when I had finished digesting and felt really hungry and so would start the circle.
    Now I eat at more regulated times, have a schedule that works for me, have only light fair before I go to bed, and even then aim for a minimum of one hour and if possible two, after I eat before my head hits the pillow.
    When I wake now I am ready to eat within an hour of waking, although I still don't eat a big meal, I do feel good when I wake and desire food.
    The old me weighed 343 pounds, the new me is 140lbs lighter at 203.
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast! I also find a sensible, low cal lunch is all I need if I have had breakfast. Since I started my weight loss journey I have branched out from cold cereal to oatmeal and am really getting into it. I have to make good choices with breakfast because, not that long ago pancakes, eggs, waffels etc.. were all on the menu. Not any more. My wife, on the other hand, "Can't deal with food" until around 10 or 11 am. I don't know why and neither does she.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating early. I love breakfast foods but I don't usually start eating until early afternoon. I often have "breakfast" around 2pm.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast food, any time of the day or night. Amazing stuff
  • deathbypretzel
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of "breakfast food", or eating in the morning at all, but lately I've been forcing myself to eat oatmeal and yogurt, because I know if I don't, I'll be low energy and grouchy all day.
  • maniesduchocolat
    maniesduchocolat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Even if I'm not hungry one of the first thing I do is eating breakfast. Because then, a violent hunger will attack, I will start to shake and ****.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    To me, absolutely everybody eats breakfast. You are "breaking the fast", and it doesn't matter what time of day or night that first meal occurs, it's breakfast.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm not ravenous in the morning, but if I don't eat first thing, I get hit in the face with the hungry bat. That my body swings.
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    I used to be one these people. For some odd reason, breakfast food made my stomach turn. I think that is only b/c I wasn't used to eating breakfast. When I began eating breakfast, my stomach wasn't as queasy. My stomach seems to be more sensitive in the morning. If I miss breakfast or wait too long, my energy levels seems to be shot for the day. My energy levels will be lower on the days I eat breakfast late or miss breakfast. I feel so much when I opt for breakfast.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't like breakfast. At all. No food sounds good before about 10 am. I am sometimes hungry between 10-12, so that is what I usually call "breakfast". When I wake up I don't feel sick. I don't feel full -- but I just want coffee and to start getting things accomplished - I feel perfectly energized and ready. I eat breakfast foods at other times of the day, but if I force myself to eat 2-3 hours after I wake up, I feel terrible the rest of the day -- no matter what I've eaten. So yeah, I don't like breakfast.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love breakfast food and could eat them for any meal. However, I never eat first thing in the morning. I have medications that require me to wait at least an hour, which is fine with me because its closer to 3-4 hours before I eat. I do drink coffee (lots) first thing though.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've had Crohn's since age 7, and breakfast has never been something I've been able to really 'like'. My body struggles to digest, so to eat at the start of the day leaves me feeling unwell and anxious for the rest of it. I also tend to wake up feeling nauseous, so to eat immediately usually seems against the grain. If I sleep late, eating brunch is less of an issue, I think perhaps because by then my stomach's had a bit of a break in between. I feel better, and able to eat during the afternoon and at night, so that's just what I do; it gives me a better chance to enjoy the day without a stomach that's declaring it's avid hate for me.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I like breakfast food, but eating at wtf o'clock is not for me. I'll eat at 10am, if I do eat earlier it is usually a banana.
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think I got breakfast trained out of me in college and haven't ever got back into it since then. I used to each breakfast as a kid and through high school, but once I got to college it stopped. The reason it stopped was simple, the college dining hall stopped serving food at 8:30 and it wasn't very good food, so I opted to sleep instead. I needed the sleep more with my natural late night tendencies (not partying per se). Lunch foods are also my favorite foods, so it was not a big sacrifice for me. However, I never picked up the breakfast habit again and don't really ever get hungry to around 11 am. I also tend to eat a late evening snack that probably keeps my meals about the same as other people's, just shifted a few hours.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Eating early makes me nauseous. Doesnt matter how yummy the food is. Blah to early eating. I have energy when i wake up. I eat usually around 2 hours after I get up.