30 Day Shred May 30th - June 30th Support

Options

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I did my L3 D2 today - and like everyone else, find it fantastic! :happy: I like it sooooo much more than Level 2!

While I was doing it I didn't think it was all that hard...didn't burn quite as many calories (but almost!) ...but this morning I sure knew about it, so it must have been working new muscles/deeper muscles, which is a great sign!

Those Sumo Squats...funny!! :laugh: I thought they looked pathetic...towards the end of the second set I thought I was going to die!
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I did my L3 D2 today - and like everyone else, find it fantastic! :happy: I like it sooooo much more than Level 2!

While I was doing it I didn't think it was all that hard...didn't burn quite as many calories (but almost!) ...but this morning I sure knew about it, so it must have been working new muscles/deeper muscles, which is a great sign!

Those Sumo Squats...funny!! :laugh: I thought they looked pathetic...towards the end of the second set I thought I was going to die!

I totally agree on the Sumo Squats...I was like "Pfffft, Jillian is going soft on us here."

I definitely spoke too soon lol.

Going to do L3D2 in a few!
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Phew! Did Level 3 today, and let me tell you...easier than Level 2. Seriously.

The rock star jumps BLOW, but everything else was easy enough to do, and actually way more fun than allllllllll of the crazy plank moves from L2!

If you are on Level 2 and are terrified that Level 3 will kick your booty, don't stress yourself out. I was pleasantly surprised by how do-able every workout was :happy:

Keep it up, ladieeeees :flowerforyou:

After reading your post this morning I decided to move on to level 3 and totally agree. I enjoy level 3 much more than level 2. :happy:

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    L2D5 done.

I love level 3 and am jealous that you all are moving while I'm still here. I will do the rest of the week on level 2 though. Its far from my fave, but it does some good things. Next Monday its on for level 3 though!!
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know roughly how many calories you would burn on Level 1? I know it is influenced by your weight and fitness level but I just wanted a rough idea how many calories people are losing from the Shred.

Ive been on Level 1 off and on for a while now I should take do it more regularly and get into level 2...

So this is a great motivator for me to 'get into shape'!!!

So count me in!!!!

:)
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    L2D4 done and dusted. It wasn't a bad thing to actually take a break from the shred, one of my feet was giving me grief and it's much better now. Can't wait to move on to L3 actually, I'm glad I'm finally halfway through the Shred. Level 2 is quite tough!

Keep it up ladies, you are all doing great :glasses:
  • lexistepps
    Options
    Did L3D2 yesterday...I've started doing it at night after my little one is in bed. I used to do it during naptime, and then it ate up all of my Mommy time during naptime, so I switched it up a bit lol

I am loving Level 3 still, I really feel it working. The rock stars jumps are easier, because I practiced them in the pool yesterday until they felt more natural :laugh:

Keep it up! For some of us, we're almost done! Wow!
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Did L3D2 yesterday...I've started doing it at night after my little one is in bed. I used to do it during naptime, and then it ate up all of my Mommy time during naptime, so I switched it up a bit lol

I am loving Level 3 still, I really feel it working. The rock stars jumps are easier, because I practiced them in the pool yesterday until they felt more natural :laugh:

Keep it up! For some of us, we're almost done! Wow!

I am having the same problems getting use to the rock star jumps, it just feels like I am not bringing them up enough. Also, for some reason, the last ab exercise is difficult for me to master. Hopefully this will change soon, I feel like I am hurting myself. :(

Hope everyone has had a great day!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    L2D6 done!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Does anyone know roughly how many calories you would burn on Level 1? I know it is influenced by your weight and fitness level but I just wanted a rough idea how many calories people are losing from the Shred.

Ive been on Level 1 off and on for a while now I should take do it more regularly and get into level 2...

So count me in!!!!

Yes, it does depend on your height, weight, and also how hard you push yourself. I'm 5'3", weigh about 150. I have burned between 215-227 doing level 2 of the shred.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hey there buddies ... I took like a week off from the shred to nurse my knee. My braces are here and after letting a weekend sunburn heal a little bit, I'm planning to start up again tomorrow. I was just about ready to go up to L2 but since I took several days off I'm going to ride on L1 for 2 or 3 more days.

I got a boxing DVD set the other day for next to nothing and will be playing with that too, along with the kettlebells. I'm getting addicted to the strength that's returning to my old muscles!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    L2D7 done...3 more days then I get to move up. Yippee!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I had to take a break on the third day of level 2 because of my legs and I totally feel like a failure. I just wanted my leg to stop hurting so I could get up and gooo! But, I did it tonight, and from the looks of everybody else, it's not a big deal to miss a day every now and then. Anyways.... Um, L2D3 done? I think it's day 3. :) Taking a day off confused me.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

So count me in!!!!

Hey, I know most everybody else on this forum doing the shred are in the 100's, so just so you can get a better range of calories burned: I weigh 258 pounds, and I burned roughly 350 while doing Level 1. :) Good luck. We're all here for you.
  • lexistepps
    Options
    L3D4 done today! Getting a little bit easier to do some of this stuff, and not burning as many calories. That certainly wasn't due to lack of effort, I worked my booty off! Literally! :laugh:

Loving this workout...loving it even more that I'm almost DONE! hahaha
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm still steadily shredding... :happy:

Skipped a day on Monday, as I was just enjoying a killer workout in the gym so much I didn't want to come home and do The Shred.

Still, did Level 3, Day 4 this morning - so ever more quickly nearing the end... I really do like Level 3! I love how it seems easier while I'm doing it, but seems to burn more after/the next day. Feels like it's really going to tone me up with a bit of commitment to it!

Think I will continue to use The Shred for sure on days when I can't fit in/or be bothered to do a full workout - you get all the benefits with just a half hour commitment - but I am looking forward to not feeling guilty when I miss a day? Does anyone else feel like this?? I guess it doesn't help that when we started, I wrote day 1 - 30 in big green letters in my filofax on the next 30 days, so everytime I skip a day, there is a glaring reminder that I have!! Doh!
  • megharber
    megharber Posts: 13
    Options
    How did you figure out how many calories you were burning? I'm 239 lbs and I wasn't sure myself. I would love to know so that I can make sure I get the extra protein especially.
  • megharber
    megharber Posts: 13
    Options
    I feel the same way about the work out. I love that its 20 minutes and I can get it in before my toddler wakes up and I need to get us all ready for work.. but man when she says stretching time, i'm all excited :)
  • day213
    day213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought it and started it for a week...it's a great workout. I have a 9 month old and was having to wake up earlier and earlier to slip in the workout before she got up and after a week, I was too tired to get up. I need to start again. I have to say that after the first two days I could not walk down stairs - at all. It was pitiful. I took two days off and then started again with it.

I need to start again so this may be the motivation!
  • lexistepps
    Options
    L3D5 done yesterday, on to Day 6 tonight! Is it really almost over? Am I REALLY almost done???