30 Day Shred May 30th - June 30th Support

Options

Replies

• need_to_lose
    Options
    I had to take the day off of the Shred. I have had a massive heada.che all day
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    L1D2 done! I love this thing.

Oh, and level 3 is pretty intense, but it always feels faster to me. She adds more to the moves though. Some oldies, but with weights. Its nice.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hi every one. is it too late for me to join this challenge? i will be two days behind but i just got a copy of the dvd and am looking for a support group to share with. i have already done L1 D1 yesterday (i couldnt wait to try it). it kicked my behind big time. tonight i am fixing to do L1D2. i hope im not too late to join.

thanks
    Amber
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    hi every one. is it too late for me to join this challenge? i will be two days behind but i just got a copy of the dvd and am looking for a support group to share with. i have already done L1 D1 yesterday (i couldnt wait to try it). it kicked my behind big time. tonight i am fixing to do L1D2. i hope im not too late to join.

thanks
    Amber

Hi Amber! I started late too, so you're only 1 day behind me! Especially if you do D2 tonight! I'm so sore I'm not sure if I'll be able to do D3 tomorrow.

Christine
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    man just did L1D2 and have to say I HAAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEEE JUMPING JACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who invented those and why? were the crazy or just like to torture ppl? i guess the real reason i hate them is because my stomach and my breast bounce really hard. the squats made my knees pop real bad so i didnt get to intense with those but i liked it overall.
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    L1-D5 done! Over the hill on level 1. It is still pretty tough but there are some very clear improvements on the strength training segments, mostly form and range of movement. I sink in deeper on squats, lunges and push ups.

Good form makes a huge difference, you feel each move a lot more and it also feels right, you get a better workout overall.

5 more days like this and I am confident I will be able to move to level 2!

Have a great day all :flowerforyou:
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Hi Guys! I've just done L1 D3 so am a wee bit behind - I started on the 1st but I've just found this thread so will be keeping up with everyones progress. Every muscle aches today - esp when I go down stairs!! Add me as a friend and lets make it all the way to the end!
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    I would like to join this also. I just started the Shred yesterday. I took a 45 min walk in the evening too. That's pretty good for me! It's going to be really hard for me to fit it in today because I didn't get out of bed and do it this morning.
  • rlower78
    rlower78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OK ladies....you have TOTALLY motivated me to dust off the DVD and get back to it!!! So off the computer for me and upstairs to see Jillian! BTW- when you log in your exercise, how do you log in this? Thanks!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention something that happened during my workout! I'm so clumsy sometimes, I had sweat on my face and really needed to wipe it off. SO....with the 3lbs. weight still in my hand i tried to slowly use my fingers to remove the sweat. I ended up hitting my upper lip hard enough to draw blood on one of my teeth, create a small cut on the inside of my lip and now it is swelling. :(

Ouch! That's really taking no pain no gain to the extreme! :wink: Hope you're not too busted up today! :flowerforyou:

Did L1D2 this morning ... CONSIDERABLY more challenging than yesterday - my muscles are definitely tender! Feels great though ... I used to work out a lot about a decade back, and I didn't realize how much I missed that sweet pain.

Keep rockin' it, sisters! xoxoxox
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I did a 40 min. power walk for lunch and my calves ached after L1D3, but I was determined, so I did it. Well, last night everything within me said NO WAY...NO SHRED...BUT I pushed through completing L1D4...and yippee I was exhausted, but I finished it. My calves were burning, but somehow I felt good and turned on the FInale of Biggest Loser and boy that motivated me to get on the elliptical and I stayed on that thing for 83 minutes (and I was moving too)...Guess what? I am not sore anywhere today and feel sooo much stronger. So, I am looking forward to doing L1D5 when I get home!

Oh, my right knee is giving me a hard time with the lunges. I believe I have the form down, but it really hurt so I started doing squats instead with those dreaded front lifts. I switched from the 5lb weights to a 3lb bar and was able to do all of them, but ouch it hurt....no pain no gain. Hoping to do at least a few regular push ups today and the lunges too....we shall see.

Everyone you are doing an outstanding job! WE ROCK! So exciting to do it together! We are getting stronger and that much closer to our new fab body!
  • rlower78
    rlower78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D1. My 2 boys woke up during it and came in to "exercise" with me! :happy: WAY TOO CUTE! Also put in a 40 min walk this morning before shredding.
  • ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I need to brag on my amazing husband real quick!!! I wasn't feeling too great this morning, and had about decided that I wasn't going to do The Shred today. I just felt blah. I guess he could tell that I wasn't going to do it (since I usually do it in the morning) so he said HE was going to do the shred today, which then made me want to do it with him. I know he was just saying he wanted to do it so I would do it with him. I feel so blessed to have a husband who is such a motivation to me! ALSO, it made me feel good that he was getting tired while doing it too, and he's a work out buff, in really good shape. Made me feel not so bad about it kicking my butt!! :laugh:

So, with all that said, L1D4 DONE!!

And FYI even when I've already done the shred for the day and I get on here and read everyone talk about it makes me want to do it more! Thanks for this thread!

that was great of him. Glad you got it done. Sometimes a little help goes a long way
  • ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    L1D4 complete this morning getting better everyday. This goes by so quickly I hardly notice it. By the time I look up I am on the third round and getting ready for the cool down. Great job everyone on sticking with this.
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    Just want to add to my previous post that I really love this thread, it keeps me going and I love to see how everyone is doing, it is so motivating, so much enthusiasm!

We are doing so good, let's keep it going! :flowerforyou:
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had to take the day off of the Shred. I have had a massive heada.che all day

Ditto to this ^! I couldn't even move yesterday. Just went to bed after work. Totally sucked and I felt bad for not working out. BUT I feel so much better today and I WILL do L1D2 today! I am excited! Great work everyone! You all keep me so motivated and I can't wait to talk and see how everyone did after 30 days! Keep it up ladies we are all worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • JennyBoBenny
    JennyBoBenny Posts: 274
    Options
    I started the shred (again) on June 1st and today did my second round. I already felt like it was easier today! :o) My goal is to do 20 workouts between June 1 and June 28 (then I'm on vacation!). So, 2 down... 18 to go!

Oh, and I have to mention that I'm getting up at 5:30 to do this - MIRACLE!!! I'm NOT a morning person! It helps that the sun is shining so early though!

Stay strong everyone!
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options
    Just finished L1D4. Man, I work up quite the sweat every time! I have to say the first circuit seems to be the most challenging, I'm glad it's first so I get it over with right away!

Can I ask how you are all measuring your progress? Did you take measurements?

Keep shredding away, ladies! You are all so uplifting and it's great to have us all looking out for each other!
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D4. Man, I work up quite the sweat every time! I have to say the first circuit seems to be the most challenging, I'm glad it's first so I get it over with right away!

Can I ask how you are all measuring your progress? Did you take measurements?

Keep shredding away, ladies! You are all so uplifting and it's great to have us all looking out for each other!

I haven't taken any measurements, though right now I am wearing a size 6 and small/medium tops, and by the end of the 30DS I REALLY want to be in a size 4 and x-small/small tops. They way my clothing fits is DEFINITELY going to be the proof in the pudding for me :bigsmile:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ok, so here is the low down...hmmm, been struggling getting under the 160lb mark...so let's see. I know I feel a whole lot stronger and my endurance has gone up...so hopefully it will jump start my metabolism to burn baby burn. Think I will wait until 15 days in to weigh and measure up...so that is June 16th for me!
    At 163.4 lbs May 26th
    Neck 14.0 on 04/30/10
    Waist 29.5 on 05/23/10
    Hips 40.0 on 05/23/10
    Arm 12.0 on 04/30/10
    Thigh 25.5 on 05/23/10
    Size 8 pants and medium tops (always medium regardless)
    Trying to get back to 147lbs which equates to loose size 4 slacks...WHOAAA!