30 Day Shred May 30th - June 30th Support

Options

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Starting a little later than the rest of you. I just completed L1D1. It was tough but I loved. My 5 lb weight seem to be too much for me. I think I have to go down to 3 pounds to start with. I loved the side lunges and my legs felt really strong but I wasn't even holding any weights in my arms. I guess my upper body needs a little bit more work.

I haven't gotten to a store to buy weights yet, so I used 2 unopened lg bottles of salsa, I will have to weigh myself with and without them to figure out how much they weigh lol... Necessity is the mother of invention :D
  • km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    Options
    Just finished L1D2 -- and I didn't have to stop once! I felt so much better doing it today, maybe because I knew what to expect.

I struggled with the side lunges, but it seems like a lot of others in this thread have found them difficult too, so I don't feel so bad about it. I also have a really hard time with push ups (even modified!).

I feel good about getting through the whole thing - I felt much better post-workout today than yesterday. I still wanted to just turn off the tv, but being able to post about completing it in this thread really kept me motivated!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    L1D1 - done!

I weigh about 150 and am 5'3". Anyone with comparable numbers have a HRM? I logged it at 200 calories because I really have no clue. I used to have it way too high, then went to about 170. 200 sounds about right, but someone is bound to have a more accurate number. Anyone?
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D2 -- and I didn't have to stop once! I felt so much better doing it today, maybe because I knew what to expect.

I struggled with the side lunges, but it seems like a lot of others in this thread have found them difficult too, so I don't feel so bad about it. I also have a really hard time with push ups (even modified!).

I feel good about getting through the whole thing - I felt much better post-workout today than yesterday. I still wanted to just turn off the tv, but being able to post about completing it in this thread really kept me motivated!

Hooray! :flowerforyou:

I feel the same way as you - the second day was so much easier for me because I knew what to expect - and now on Day 4 my muscles aren't as sore at night as they have been the past 3 days :laugh:

And I feel ya on the push ups....I also do the "girlie" versions and I still struggle as well. My upper body strength leaves much to be desired on these exercises :bigsmile:

Posting to this thread that I DID IT, I completed another day, is definitely motivating! I am so glad to have you ladies here for support, and I'm glad to be able to be part of the motivation I know you are all feeling!

Keep up the good work! Just imagine how shredded we will be in 30 days :bigsmile:
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey all i'm on day 10 today, so I tried Level 2 last night (instead of level 1) and it was tough but not hurting today so i'm going to stick at this level until day 20 x

Happy shredding
  • oh_my_misty
    Options
    Hi, L1D4 over and done with. Got better at it today not as sore and don't laugh about the salsa l use baked:happy: bean cans and going up to the large tomote tins tomorrow. Haven't had a chance to go and buy the hand weights so long as its not nothing l think its all good:)
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    L1D1 - done!

I weigh about 150 and am 5'3". Anyone with comparable numbers have a HRM? I logged it at 200 calories because I really have no clue. I used to have it way too high, then went to about 170. 200 sounds about right, but someone is bound to have a more accurate number. Anyone?

I am 151lbs. and 5'1", my HRM totals usually stay around 300 calories burned per workout. Hope that helps! :)
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what you would do if you did the shred twice in a day?
    (Glutton for punishment obviously!!)

Only I did my L1 D3 last night - then went to the gym but forgot I hadn't booked and because it was after a bank-holiday it was super-busy and I couldn't get in for another hour...so I couldnt be bothered to wait so I just went home and did the Shred again and loads of extra crunches!

Would I count this as L1 D4 (so would be on D5 today?) or just chalk it up as a bonus-run and forget about it?
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I hauled my butt out of bed at 5 am and did the L1D1 shred - and I feel great! My muscles are spent pretty good, I can feel that - but I feel great. Makes me wish I've been working out in the morning the whole time :smile:

I found the ab exercises to be almost easy - weird! - I'm assuming it's because of the bellydancing I've been doing (most of the time) for a couple years. The rest was challenging though. I can already tell I'm going to be sore in the shoulders!

I noticed my calorie burn was considerably higher than someone else's who logged in the exact same exercise category and time. I assume MFP calculates it for you individually based on your other stats ... ???

I couldn't find my 3 lb dumbbells so I used rolled up leg weight belts - HA! Hey, whatever works!

Shred on, sisters! xo :flowerforyou:
  • ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    L1D3 complete this morning. I'm 183 5'4' and my HRM says 411 if anyone needs that info if they are around the same weight and size. My calves are killing me. I'm hoping level 2 has more tricep exercise. I don't really need shoulders worked but I do need triceps. I think the push-ups work the triceps some but not to much
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Well L1D1 complete!! On to day 2! :drinker:

I really like the way that Jillian does things! It goes by so quickly. I think I am going to do an extra ab workout tonight as well. Good work to everyone!!!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    As soon as I'm done breakfast I need to do L1D2, but I'm scared! LOL!! Seriously, the muscles right above my knees, as well as my chest muscles, are already sore, it's going to kick my butt! :p
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    L1D1 - done!

I am 151lbs. and 5'1", my HRM totals usually stay around 300 calories burned per workout. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks. I wonder why I've encounted such a range of calories burned. Maybe I'll take an average and use 250.
  • Anna_15
    Anna_15 Posts: 22
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing so well!! Keep it up guys :smile:

Went for a lovely run today (it was sunny and I haven't been in soooo long!) but I'm not too tired so will hopefully pop my shred in later this evening. Now I have a lot more free time (no more revising!!) I can fit in more exercise and not feel guilty :-)

Well done everyone :happy:
  • lexistepps
    Options
    Just finished L1D5...woohoo! Pushed myself HARD and burned 216 calories...at 5' 4" and 134 lbs that's my total after 27 minutes of the workout (and yes, I DO include the warm-up/cool-down)!!!

I LOVE this program!!!

Keep it up, shredders!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD yesterday, and just completed L1D1, so I'm a little behind everyone else.

I could only do about half as many of the push-ups and jumping jacks as they did and also could barely raise my arms up by the second set of the side lunges. Hopefully I will do a little better next time, probably just because I know what to expect now!

So are we supposed to do this everyday? I was thinking about alternating daily with the 30 min free step on the Wii and then taking a day off completely each week.
  • BGent
    Options
    L1D3 complete this morning. I'm 183 5'4' and my HRM says 411 if anyone needs that info if they are around the same weight and size. My calves are killing me. I'm hoping level 2 has more tricep exercise. I don't really need shoulders worked but I do need triceps. I think the push-ups work the triceps some but not to much

Level 2 will have planks...plank squats, plank jumping jacks and plank ab work. Yay....planks. lol
  • lexistepps
    Options

Level 2 will have planks...plank squats, plank jumping jacks and plank ab work. Yay....planks. lol

:embarassed: :sick: :cry:

Planks????? I haaaaate planks! Here I am thinking I'm kicking booty on Level 1 and you tell me I have to do PLANKS in 5 days???? Aaaaaaggggh!!!!

::runs away::
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Uggh, hate that I missed yesterday's workout, but had to go out and didn't make it home until way too late. My calves are burning though. I did power walk for lunch though, so I did something. So tonight will be L1D4 then...Can't wait...hope it is easier...

Going to try and elliptical afterwards. Normally I can do like 75 min no problem, but could only muster up 40 min after Jillians workout...hah! Can't wait until I can move to Level 2.

I can do the modified pushups, but do we have to graduate to the regular push ups before moving to Level 2???
  • BGent
    Options

:embarassed: :sick: :cry:

Planks????? I haaaaate planks! Here I am thinking I'm kicking booty on Level 1 and you tell me I have to do PLANKS in 5 days???? Aaaaaaggggh!!!!

::runs away::

LOL, I felt the same way when I checked it out a few days before starting. Of course I do the modified version so I don't tear up my feet, legs and knees. Still out of shape but I am also clumsy. :)

ANewLucia- Ah, I forgot to mention walking down into plank and doing a full push up. I do the modified version so I just hold the plank poise for a moment and walk back up. fun, fun, fun