Should you tell someone you like them?

Options

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The worst he'll say is I don't like you back.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? What's the worst that happens? He says "Sorry, I just like your shoes, they look really cool...I can't stop staring at them." ...and then you move on.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    absolutely not. no one should tell anyone else whether they like them or not. life should be a mystery
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options

no, the worst thing that can happen is he jokes about it to all of his friends and relatives, and then they all publicly embarrass OP until she begins suffering from PTSD, is fired from her job, thrown out of school, and ends up homeless and addicted to heroin (the only thing that can make the pain and the voices go away).
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This never works out for me... but... that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Honestly, what have you got to lose?
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    You should make your move. If you wait too long, it might become too awkward for him to date you. I tried dating someone I was friends with for awhile, and it was way too awkward! He might put YOU in the friendzone.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i say wait.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

no, the worst thing that can happen is he jokes about it to all of his friends and relatives, and then they all publicly embarrass OP until she begins suffering from PTSD, is fired from her job, thrown out of school, and ends up homeless and addicted to heroin (the only thing that can make the pain and the voices go away).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    Anxiety is like a cup of water. The longer you hold it, the heavier it gets. It's going to drive you crazy until you know. Just bite the bullet and say something.

I wasn't sure my fiance was into me when we first started hanging out, so I asked him if he wanted to smooch. It took a lot o guts for me to ask him, but I tried to make it kind of comical to ease the tension.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I told him.

I just said. "You know what, I really like you, you make me laugh and I have a good time with you"

that is all I said....and it worked....good thing I said it too....because apparently I really really fluster him and he was getting signals all mixed up in his nervousness....
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Definitely just throw it out there. If he asks you out, good for you, if not then at least you gave him a nice compliment:)
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Honesty is the best policy, and speaking from experience-- the longer you hold onto a crush, the worse it is if you find out that there's no potential for anything to come of it. Just get him alone, in an environment you feel comfortable in, and bring it up casually. "When you said you think I'm pretty, does that mean you like me?" or something like that. Try to be direct, if you're too vague he could pretend to be confused and just embarrass you further. If you're really anxious about face-to-face, try sending him a text or email.

In any case though, it's better to be rejected outright when you come clean, instead of holding out for years and waiting for something to happen. You may feel crushed if he doesn't like you-- but you'll be so glad that you asked him if he does. Best of luck to you.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    think there's a difference between "chasing guys" and asking a bloke if he wants to get a drink.... i say definately do it
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Have one of your friends ask him if he likes you during study hall. We are in high school, right?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Oh, dear. He's married?

the wife that is referenced belongs to this dude's brother
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Have you mentioned that you like him to his brother/his brother's wife? I'm sure they'll be able to give you some idea of whether the feeling's mutual or not. If it is - go for it!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Oh, dear. He's married?

the wife that is referenced belongs to this dude's brother

Oh crap. /deletes entire post
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me that you can't say the wrong thing to the right person.

If you speak up and he isn't into it, then he isn't the one for you. Better to know now, so you can move on to the next :-)
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You should keep it a secret, and wait for him to guess that you do. In the meantime,you can be his "friend" while he goes out with other women and confides in you all the things about the relationship you don't want to hear. Then, after a couple years of mistakes, he'll realize the one he was looking for was there all along...

Or, you can tell him and see what happens.

^ Awesome.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm the worst person to answer this because Ive never revealed I like someone - ever. But I would sooner ask someone to do something fun before revealing you like them.