Options

Replies

• tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    I will,thanks for the tip!
  • georgespelvin
    Options
    Saved my liver AND my diet, I know, we did Vegas last year and I'm pretty sure I had a week-long hangover from that. WORTH IT.
  • geri1geraldinesuzanne
    geri1geraldinesuzanne Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    when i started to log in to mfp i stopped drinking for a month and a half, i didn't miss it at the beginning but now i do allow myself the odd day, especially at weekends!
    :drinker:

although i do try not to weigh in until at least two days later when its all out of my system.
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    Yesterday was day two of not drinking during the week. It really seems to have jump-started my metabolism again as I feel great and I've lost 1.7 lbs since my last weigh-in. It's also a LOT easier to be under my calorie goal - and I get to eat more.

Day three might be a bit harder since I'm supposed to play a quick round of golf with co-workers after work tonight . . . at a course with their own brewery . . . with beer shacks scattered around the course.

Cheers! :happy: :drinker:

I had the exact same experience. It almost defies logic that so little of a change can make such a difference so quickly.

And my god I want to play that course! I retract everything bad I ever said about your city (it's a hockey thing)!
    you gotta have aiming fluid for golf!

I'm super competative,and unlike a bunch of dudes I play with,who actually get better with every beer,I get much worse,so I generally wait till at least hole 9 to open the first beer.

This is my problem also! I'm a competitive player and it hampers my game to drink..but after I've played I love love a cold amber or glass of white wine. I play 3-4 days a week ( i know sad huh) and a drink helps me get over a bad round or celebrates a good round!!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim ~ I will be doing to opposite of you next week. Leaving Chicagoland (home) and leaving for vacation in the Northwoods of Minnesota where I plan on indulging a little. :drinker:

I am right there with ya and definitely was drinking 4 + drinks a day. Last week I went Monday through Thursday without anything and I am doing the same this week. So you are not alone and found a great board. Welcome!

Thanks! Too funny you are going to MN...what part are you going to? I am going to try and not do the weekday stuff definitely...we go to baseball games 4/5 weeknights and end up eating out a lot which always tastes good with a few beers...baseball ends weekend of July 10th...Thank God

We are heading up to little Longville, MN. It is around 3 1/2 hours north of the cities. Hopefully the weather will be nice!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    When I first started using MFP in '08 (and lost most of my weight in the first few months) I was drinking Bud Select. I think it's a good balance of taste and calories, but I've always been a fan of the wheat beers and other light-colored beers. I can't take the lagers and dark beers. :sick:

Lately, though, I've been drinking little enough that I feel it's fine to drink my fave beer, Blue Moon.....that works that way, right? :blushing:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I like the Mich Ultra Amber. Still light, but tastes like beer.

Oh my gosh I think I am in love with this light beer already! :love: Well, let me take that back, I already liked it but now comparing it to other light beers it is even better!

Michelob Ultra Amber beer stats:
    12oz bottle
    5% alcohol
    114 calories
    3.7g carbs
    1.2g protein
    0.0g fat
  • blackdove1
    Options
    I personally am in love with Budlight 55....two of those and I can relax at night with no guilt.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I gotta say I like the fact that I now have a stock of many different beers to choose from when I want one. I used to drink the whole six pack before so I never could stock up. Now I have many different ones:tongue: ( I am a beer snob and I like good beer so I only drink one when i have one) Now if I could get DH to slow down on the hard stuff like I did we could stock the liquor cabinet too. :ohwell: Oh well someday. two days down this week. but I must say Friday can't come soon enough. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I looooove microbrews, so I've decided to occasionally ride my bike to the bar, have a beer or two, then ride it back home (after I feel reasonable sober). I think a 6 mile round trip bike ride makes a few pleasurable empty calories excusable.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hello barstool my old friend
    I'm here to drink on you again
    A full cocktail I see before me
    but soon in my glass nothing will be
    But the sound.... Of ice cubes

Woa Dave.... that's deep. (I feel like I'm in a 1960's coffee shop)

So, I cooked beer brats tonight. Really, what are the chances that I wouldn't drink while my brats were simmering? Yes, I indulged in a cold one while the sausages were on the grill. But I only ate about a quarter of a brat, so I saved a lot of calories. (Which earned me my second beer! :blushing: )

Jen

OK so please excuse my ignorance but can someone explain to me what brats are? I've seen them mentioned more than once on these boards. In the UK a brat is a naughty precocious child and I don't think for one minute you are actually cooking misbehaving children :wink:
  • marthauchino
    marthauchino Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I'm a children's librarian and after a long day of screaming kids in what is supposed to be a quiet place, I want that glass of wine or 2. Besides, if I give up drinking to lose weight and I start back after the weight is lost, I will just gain it all back. I've done it before--quit drinking during the week. So, now, I'm going to try just more exercise and a sensible diet and keep my wine drinking ritual every evening. It's the time when my husband and I connect after a long day's work. We enjoy it. I'm NOT giving it up. The weight loss is slow, but I've lost 7 lbs. It'll happen.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I personally am in love with Budlight 55....two of those and I can relax at night with no guilt.

I'm with ya... I do go back and forth tho sometimes with that and mgd 64
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Hello barstool my old friend
    I'm here to drink on you again
    A full cocktail I see before me
    but soon in my glass nothing will be
    But the sound.... Of ice cubes

Woa Dave.... that's deep. (I feel like I'm in a 1960's coffee shop)

So, I cooked beer brats tonight. Really, what are the chances that I wouldn't drink while my brats were simmering? Yes, I indulged in a cold one while the sausages were on the grill. But I only ate about a quarter of a brat, so I saved a lot of calories. (Which earned me my second beer! :blushing: )

Jen

OK so please excuse my ignorance but can someone explain to me what brats are? I've seen them mentioned more than once on these boards. In the UK a brat is a naughty precocious child and I don't think for one minute you are actually cooking misbehaving children :wink:

Brats (br-ah-ts) are delicious tubular sausage (but skinnier) shaped meats with seasonings. Have great flavor, best simmered in beer with onions and then grilled! Serve in brat bun (larger than hot dog bun) Most common and old school way to eat is with mustard and onion or just saurkraut. DELICIOUS!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

Its a sausage. its short (slang) for Bratwurst.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I've heard of bratwurst, from Germany originally aren't they? I just didn't make the connection to brats, doh!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Thanks, I've heard of bratwurst, from Germany originally aren't they? I just didn't make the connection to brats, doh!

yea, a lot of German immagrants came to WI area when first colonizing.. I'm told the land type and seasons are very similar. Lots of Irish too... helps explain the amount of beer too. :laugh:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    So now here is a good dilemma....I apparently am not consuming enough calories with my food intake today and MFP recommends I consume more to not put myself into starvation mode.... I think this means I get a glass (or two) of wine tonight with dinner....YEAH!!!!!! :drinker:
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    oh yum! have a glass of red for me please!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow my friends from Chi-town leave, and my liver will have a chance to recover.
    Yesterday, I managed to be "ok" to it - 2 vodka/perrier/limes & 2 Bailey's.