Ladies: That time of the month, what do you do different?

Options

Replies

• Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    I don't change anything, because I'm a stubborn b^+*h and I refuse to be bullied by my own biology.

** Note: However, I know some women have really serious issues and MUST make adjustments to stay healthy.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i still weigh but it's useless because a few days up to my period and the first few days up my period i can weigh 2-4 lbs more so it's not accurate.
    i don't really get cramps because of my birth control so i still do exercise the same. it actually helps cramps as well to get in exercise.
    i eat the same as well
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any more than I do any other time of the month. I will up my water intake to kind of off set any bloating. Other than that, things as normal. I might be a bit more cranky...but that's just the way it goes lol
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I lose all interest in eating, and tend to work out more. It's the week before that is dangerous for me! All sanity goes out the window
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I do nothing different.. workout just as hard and eat the same.. maybe get a tad more cranky though =P
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I go on a rampage destroying villages and eating all the peasants. It's a pretty decent workout.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Only giving.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Yell. A lot.

LOLOLOL

I eat chocolate like a pig!

How YOU doin'???? :)

LOL! are u going to eat chocolate too! :laugh:
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    pop a midol and do whatever I do when not ragging.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to throw this out there. Random quote from a PT on Facebook regarding body composition.

"Females diets, in general, need to be more carb rich in the 10 day build up to their period due to changes in preferential energy metabolism.... "
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Always very crampy and tired but mostly stick to the routine. I do crave salt though, chips!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I listen to my body and on my really bad day, if my body needs rest, I sleep longer. I don't believe in working against your own body unless you have some sort of competition to be in. I know I will work out again when the cramps subside, so during the hardest bit I only do yoga or walk around for errands. I know I will continue to work out if I take a day off from strenuous workouts, so sometimes a day of extra sleep is better for me.

The other 5 days are usually fine and I exercise and eat as usual.

I don't weigh in because I am addicted to the scale and this is a good time not to weigh in. If I do, I see I've gained and I say screw it and binge. I think it would be better for me to weigh in once per month or not at all, actually.
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Honestly I must be super lucky because I never get water retention or cramps and the whole thing is over in 2 or 3 days max. I barely even notice it.

I am jealous lol
  • Cook_27
    Cook_27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any more than I do any other time of the month. I will up my water intake to kind of off set any bloating. Other than that, things as normal. I might be a bit more cranky...but that's just the way it goes lol

Guess I never though about drinking more water to subside bloating, I'll have to try harder to drink more water. Cranky...yeah that hulk comes out.lol
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I go on a rampage destroying villages and eating all the peasants. It's a pretty decent workout.

You always crack me up. Peasants are tasty dipped in ranch.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I feel like your first period is something you should probably discuss with your mother, rather than strangers on the internet. Good luck!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I read that all the hormones make you able to workout more or harder (or something like that) so I enjoy challenging myself at the gym during this time. Exercise also basically eliminates my cramps...and allows me to indulge in cravings haha
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

You always crack me up. Peasants are tasty dipped in ranch.

I prefer chipotle mayo :tongue:
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'll still WI but know that if it's not what I expect, that it's due to water retention from period and/or the extra food I've eaten. It usually drops a few lbs the following week. HOWEVER, if I feel expecially bloated, then I'll skip that WI for the week and look forward to the following week when bloat is gone and I'm down on the scale.
  • Cook_27
    Cook_27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I listen to my body and on my really bad day, if my body needs rest, I sleep longer. I don't believe in working against your own body unless you have some sort of competition to be in. I know I will work out again when the cramps subside, so during the hardest bit I only do yoga or walk around for errands. I know I will continue to work out if I take a day off from strenuous workouts, so sometimes a day of extra sleep is better for me.

The other 5 days are usually fine and I exercise and eat as usual.

I don't weigh in because I am addicted to the scale and this is a good time not to weigh in. If I do, I see I've gained and I say screw it and binge. I think it would be better for me to weigh in once per month or not at all, actually.

That's my thing Im afraid to weigh myself and see an extra pound when I've been working my butt off! May just do it once then wait until after this week before trying again.