how can stop weight loss on my chest?

Options
How can I keep the weight on my breasts but loose it from my stomach. I've noticed recently that I've been loosing more weight from my breasts than my stomach.

Due to a arthritis in my shoulder i can't do much chest work.

I've gone from a 32G on the loosest fitting to a 32F on the tightest fitting.

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Just like someone can't spot reduce, we also can't choose where to keep the weight either. It'll happen where it happens... Unfortunately, the boobs tend to get smaller.. fact of life!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    This ain't right.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I think I got lucky on the genetics of that one because mine have stayed the same size no matter how much weight I gained or lost. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything you can do to make the fat come off any one place before the other. If you don't like the way you look you could always go for a push up bra or cosmetic surgery but I think that's about it.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    That was one of the first places i noticed i was losing it first. I went from a 40 D to a 34 D and not really liking them so much right now but, i have to say i have developed some pretty good looking pecs above them. ( i call them my man boobs since i can do that thing that men do where you can move your pec muscles lol ) I think one of these days when im all where i want to be im going to have to buy me some new boobies :laugh:
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight, you are going to lose it all over. That means that your breasts will get smaller too. As someone who is currently in a 34B (hooked on the tightest hook) I speak from experience. Exercising chest muscles can help keep things firm, but might not work for you if you have shoulder problems. In any case, dropping excess weight greatly decreases health problems long term--so it's all good!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Sorry it can't be done.

I heard that losses from the breasts really have to do with the fat and tissue content... if your breast is more fat, you will lose.. if it's more tissue, you will be fine. Atleast in my experience after having two kids, I don't lose in my breasts anymore. Before kids, I definitely would lose there. I have lost inches around my chest, overbust and underbust but my cup/band size has stayed the same now

You can do chest exercises to make that area look more perky and firm.. buy push up bras with padding.. aside from that, if you've lost, you've lost.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Sorry it can't be done.

I heard that losses from the breasts really have to do with the fat and tissue content... if your breast is more fat, you will lose.. if it's more tissue, you will be fine. Atleast in my experience after having two kids, I don't lose in my breasts anymore. Before kids, I definitely would lose there. I have lost inches around my chest, overbust and underbust but my cup/band size has stayed the same now

You can do chest exercises to make that area look more perky and firm.. buy push up bras with padding.. aside from that, if you've lost, you've lost.

I had never heard that before but it totally makes sense. I have a lot of fibrous tissue which makes it hard for my doc to do my breast exams (she said I should probably start getting mammograms in the next few years because of it) and that would explain why mine stay the same size. Very interesting. Thanks :)
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Boob job.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Sorry it can't be done.

I had never heard that before but it totally makes sense. I have a lot of fibrous tissue which makes it hard for my doc to do my breast exams (she said I should probably start getting mammograms in the next few years because of it) and that would explain why mine stay the same size. Very interesting. Thanks :)

I tried to find something to back up what I am saying but I am not sure how to word it on a Google search. I did find this though, the 2nd post makes sense in regards to people having different fat/tissue/gland ratios and how that relates to fat/weight loss

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122822911&page=1

I'm not sure what has happened that has allowed us to keep our breasts during our journeys but perhaps we just have more tissue/gland than most people. I don't know how but it's great! lol and you are welcome
  • slavetothehoof
    slavetothehoof Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll have to find some chest/shoulder exercises that I can do then.

Thanks for the helpful comments guys.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Boob job.

:laugh: :laugh:

Actually something I have considered!! I've lost 28lb over 15 months... and have gone from a 34E to a 32B. Boobs are mostly fat, so when you lose weight, inevitably you lose if from your bust as well! :sad: :sad:
  • mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I've gone from having nice full boobs to mosquito bites.... But I'ld rather have small breasts and a small waist than big breasts and a big waist!!
  • slavetothehoof
    slavetothehoof Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've never had a big waist, always been a UK size 10/12, my weight loss is for when I start competing in endurance races with my horse as the lighter I am on his back the further we can go.
  • linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Heavens ..!!!!!! Wish mine would shrink lol
    Mine have stayed the same ... In fact as my back size has gone down my cup size has gottenbigger ... I'm a UK size 34F ..! I was a 36DD when I started ..!! Unfortunately boobs are boobs and they are either small or big .. Some people lose them .. Others who's boobs are made up if breast tissue and not fat will stay the same ..
    Sorry yours are getting smaller ..!! My boobs are quite pert considering they are big .! But I exercise a lot .. If helps I think x
  • mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I've never had a big waist, always been a UK size 10/12, my weight loss is for when I start competing in endurance races with my horse as the lighter I am on his back the further we can go.

Hope you don't think i was implying you have a big waist! I was talking about myself.. The bigger I am around the waist the bigger my boobs are so If having a small waist means I also have to be flat chested then I'll take it.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't. I've dropped almost 2 cup sizes now. However I've dropped 3 dress sizes overall... so it's something I can live with.
    It helps my boobs were huge before, I actually prefer them now.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Make friends with the Padded Bra.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I would LOVE it if mine would shrink, i'm currently a 36DD
  • NancyJeanSmith
    Options
    As many times that I've lost weight in my life, the first place I would lose would be the breasts. There was nothing I could do to stop it, so I finally accepted it. That's the same way it is this time too, but I don't care. The fact that you're losing weight, is a blessing, as you're getting into shape. Keep going girl, and don't worry about your breasts. God bless you!!!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    even for smaller girls u lose your boobs when u lose weight. U keep them if u eat a lot of Jiffy peanut butter..........