When I can't eat all my calories...

Options
124»

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need more avocados, bacon, nuts, and cheese in your life. Om nom nom.
  • briggsf
    briggsf Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I raised my calories....so I started scheduling in a snack at 10 and 2 and eat 23 almonds which is 164 calories or 2 sticks of string cheese which is 120 calories and about 16 grams of protein! Eat those foods you love that you feel like you can't have. I have also been known to sneak in a skinny cow ice cream sandwich after dinner to get closer if I have really done well during the day protein-wise :-) Enjoy your diet and make the most of it!
  • favreervaf
    favreervaf Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd just add food to this program and not add your exercise. It is very inaccurate. I am an exercise physiologist, and I had my mom start using this app, and she walked at the track for 45 minutes and it said she burned 400 calories. That is so off. Especially for a woman her age and size. That gave her the false sense that she can have an extra 400 calories now, when in fact she burned probably 100 if that. It takes a lot to burn even a few hundred calories, even if running, etc...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    assuming you hit your protein and fat goals... u should fill the remaining cals with carbohydrates it would be the most optimal choice.
    At her age? I disagree.

But first, I'd like to see her diary. What's she eating? Is she eating sugar laden low fat foods? I'd suggest going for the real thing... etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't immediately jump to "eat carbs".

What do you mean 'at her age'?
    Many women who are entering menopause find that they become insulin resistant, and/or have a harder time processing carbs and/or managing their weight on higher carb diets. Defaulting to packing on the carbs to hit calories seems ill advised, without knowing more about her.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    assuming you hit your protein and fat goals... u should fill the remaining cals with carbohydrates it would be the most optimal choice.
    At her age? I disagree.

But first, I'd like to see her diary. What's she eating? Is she eating sugar laden low fat foods? I'd suggest going for the real thing... etc. etc. etc.

Many women who are entering menopause find that they become insulin resistant, and/or have a harder time processing carbs and/or managing their weight on higher carb diets. Defaulting to packing on the carbs to hit calories seems ill advised, without knowing more about her.

Not disagreeing - but that works both ways and is more than just age specific.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    At her age? I disagree.

Not disagreeing - but that works both ways and is more than just age specific.
    agreed.