Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

greek yogurt anyone?

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Greek gods plain full fat , a little brown sugar and some strawberries = perfection¡
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    If you don't like sweet yogurt it makes GREAT ranch dip for veggies. Seriously.
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    I get skotidakis Greek yogurt 150 grams and it's got fruit or honey on the side in a little cup of its own attached so it's nice
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Greek yogurt non-fat plain 1 cup
    1 cup almond milk unsweetened
    1 cup frozen berries + blender= win plus about 25 grams of protein for about 250 cals :)

mhmmm, I think I have found tomorrow morning's breakfast smoothie recipe :)
  • xtrasmall
    xtrasmall Posts: 66
    in order of best greek yogurts are these 4.. voskos organic then fage is everywhere at least n oikos organic not nonorganic fruit type it has the crushed beetles carmine as like red coloring n chobani.. brown cow yogurt is also good n i think weightwatchers has some new greek yogurts 2.. just watch out 4 the yoplait greek yogurt its a lie the main ingredient is milk protein concentrate mpc n they add cornstarch.. greek yogurt should be high in protein because its strained not because of added mpc wth haha.. also greek gods brand is way 2 fatty especially the honey n other of their flavors are watery n like same thing about liberte brand greek yogurt!
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    I much prefer Oikos over Chobani. I eat it every day, and trust me I've tried all kinds. Oikos is my fave.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    1 cup Fage with 1 tbs almond butter and drizzle with honey. Yum! <--- also makes a great dip! )
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    oikos all flavors are rockstar! Toasted Coconut Vanilla is dessert! I had cherry today so yummy!!! It is my new favorite dessert treat! You might like it, thick creamy and oh so tasty!!!~Corina
  • chrystalah
    chrystalah Posts: 29 Member
    Use it in place of mayo in chicken salad! You can also use it in protein shakes, check out www.dashingdish.com for super delicious protein shake & other recipes I make homemade Greek yogurt, super easy & cheaper!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Fav add-ins:

Grated cucumber + lemon + dill + salt and pepper = tzatziki (eat with carrots or pita)
    Muesli + honey
    Fruit preserves or fresh fruit
    Hot sauce = topping for tacos
    Use instead of mayo in chicken or egg salad

I even use it to bake. Pioneer woman has a great blue berry muffin recipe that has greek yogurt as a base
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    I get the Trader Joes non-fat plain, then mix it with Splenda and a couple of teaspoons of Hershey's cocoa powder. Yum, it's like chocolate pudding.

I also use it instead of cream cheese in "Broccomole."
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    I eat it every morning. I prefer Fage 0% but also eat Chobani 0%, or other brands if the store is out of Fage. Two heaping spoons (and I mean heaping) of yogurt mixed with fresh fruit (citrus, bananas, berries, pomegranite, cut up melon, etc.), a couple shakes of Tajin, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, and 1/8 cup of granola/raw oatmeal mix. I LOVE it!!! Also use it in place of sour cream in any recipe calling for sour cream. AND, it's my secret ingredient when I make guacamole, I cut up a couple avocadoes, mix about 1/4 cup yogurt with it, as well as Tajin, lime juice, tomatoes, olives, Chipotle Tabasco Sauce, cilantro, etc. Most important when making guacamole, mash it with a fork only!!!! NEVER use a blender!!!!
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Liberté
    Fage
    Oikos

I like to add a few frozen/defrosted berries to it when I can.

The Yoplait Greek is way too sour.
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    I LOVE the Chobani Champions greek yogurt cups! Very berry is my favorite flavor. Yeah I know, it's marketed to kids, but I enjoy one with my little boys every time. With no artificial colors, flavoring, or preservatives, that yogurt packs a punch with 10 grams of protein in that small little cup! For only 100 calories, you just can't go wrong. :)
  • nvrgvup12
    nvrgvup12 Posts: 51 Member
    My favorite is Light and Fit Greek Yogurt. 80 Calorie goodness <3

I agree!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Total fage 0% or full fat regular, with 100g mixed berries, some flax and a little agave to sweeten. Turns out pretty nice all mixed together.
  • Kierda
    Kierda Posts: 14 Member
    Yogurt with corn starch added to make it thicker totally grosses me out, and a lot of the brands being called "greek" yogurt are just that. Makes them taste pasty. blech. :(

My favorite is Greek Gods Vanilla Honey. I've seen other brands with higher protein per serving, but the taste of the Greek Gods is amazing. IMO. Which is *just* an opinion. ;)
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Greek Gods, honey, is as creamy and good as icecream, the plain is good too.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    I make a dessert out of Fage 0% plain and natures path pumpkin and flax seed granola . Yum!
  • angelataylorneal
    angelataylorneal Posts: 17 Member
    Chiobani and Trader Joe's brand if u have one near you!! ;)