greek yogurt anyone?

Options

Replies

• Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt non-fat plain 1 cup
    1 cup almond milk unsweetened
    1 cup frozen berries + blender= win plus about 25 grams of protein for about 250 cals :)

mhmmm, I think I have found tomorrow morning's breakfast smoothie recipe :)

Yea I make it a lot. Sometimes have that and some egg whites! CLEAN breakfast.
  • thinkfit1962
    Options
    Chobani black cherry is my favorite snack. I'll use plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream with fajitas. Love Greek yogurt!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos is the best! And I've tried a lot of different brands.
  • amykk42
    amykk42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to eat the plain nonfat with a banana on top and a little bit of maple syrup and a few chopped pecans. It sounds weird, but is really good.
  • spikeithard
    spikeithard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    if your going with PC greek yogurt, I love the vanilla flavor. Although I tried a peach flavor of another brand from No Frills and it was really good too. I love when they have then 50% off for close dated reasons. I stock up on all of them :)

expiry dates are for chumps
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Love Fage 0%, plain. Use in place of mayo in chicken salad, deviled eggs, on baked potatoes, etc. Use it every morning(1/2 cup) in my steel cut oatmeal(along with other things). Wonderful in smoothies. Great for bumping up protein intake.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I prefer Oikos or Fage with honey and walnuts... it's really decadent.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Add two packets of Truvia to 8 oz. plain. Makes it go from acidic to vanilla!
  • LolaErca
    LolaErca Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat Chobani plain low fat - cause it tastes the closest to real Turkish yogurt :) I mix half cup of yogurt with a slice of wheat bread (135 cal) (chopped)

or if you want something sweet you can mix half cup of yogurt with 1 tbsp of honey (105 cal)
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    1 cup frozen berries + blender= win plus about 25 grams of protein for about 250 cals :)

this may sounds dumb... but do you mean you add the egg whites in your smoothie or you just cook em on the side?
  • dandandee
    Options
    Fav add-ins:

Grated cucumber + lemon + dill + salt and pepper = tzatziki (eat with carrots or pita)
    Muesli + honey
    Fruit preserves or fresh fruit
    Hot sauce = topping for tacos
    Use instead of mayo in chicken or egg salad

I even use it to bake. Pioneer woman has a great blue berry muffin recipe that has greek yogurt as a base
    GREAT suggestions girl! well, great suggestions everyone :)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

this may sounds dumb... but do you mean you add the egg whites in your smoothie or you just cook em on the side?

lol, on the side
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt. 80 Calorie goodness <3
    ^^ THIS. By far the yummiest and least calories!

And I agree- plain greek yogurt as a sub for sour cream. I love it with pomegranate seeds or other fresh fruit- but by itself, a bit to 'sour'. I mean... I wouldnt sit down and eat a tub of sour cream by itself. But great as a sub on tacos, potatoes, dips, etc...
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    CHOBANI! Or Jalna. Are you a peanut butter fan? Mix some of the chocolate PB2 with it, delish. Mix it with fruit, strawberries and honey etc.
  • dandandee
    Options

lol, on the side

lol, that's what I thought. thanks again! :)
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Chobani raspberry is my easily accessible favorite, or I like Trader Joe's & they have a bunch of different good flavors. Pomegranate & Vanilla I think are my fav,
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Personally my fave plain kind is President's Choice plain 0% fat free! I didn't like greek yogurt at first but now it's my fave kind. i usually add stuff to it (chia seeds, cranberries, berries) or add it to smoothies or baking. Also their vanilla and lemon flavours are yum. Also liberte is quite good for their flavoured ones
  • tweez8976
    tweez8976 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    For anyone in Texas, there is a great brand called Three Happy Cows that I absolutely love. I've never found a greek yogurt I liked before until my neighbor gave me one of these. Since then I have been hooked. They have a few flavors - honey (AWESOME!!!), caramel, blueberry, plain, and strawberry. They even make it into dips (for chips/veggies). It is 100% natural - just organic milk, probiotics, cane sugar and whatever fresh ingredients whipped in (fresh honey, blueberry puree, etc). (threehappycows.com)

For anyone outside of Texas, you might be able to find something similar by checking into local dairy farms or food co-ops/deliveries.
  • Blingndee
    Options
    I Love Greek Yogurt! I eat it almost everyday for breakfast. I buy three large containers every two weeks so I purchase the Walmart Great Value Brand (Plain) yogurt. It's the lowest price I've found and good macros. I take 6oz of Plain Greek, 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, 100 calorie pack of Nature almonds and walnuts, and some Splenda to taste. Mix it all up and you have a big bowl of protein packed deliciousness!
  • bko722
    bko722 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chobani is my favorite and I've tried a variety. Still no match to the yogurt when I lived in Europe...it was like dessert!