Only one more day... or so... and...

Options

Replies

• mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Friday night we are going to a Yankee Game... my hub and his fam are HUGE fans!!! I don't have a favorite team - I just like baseball.

Saturday is reserved for sight-seeing... then dinner in Little Italy at Da Nico. My husband's fam are all Italian... full blooded... haha!!!

Not sure about Sunday... we fly out at Noon.

When my daughter and I went to NYC last spring we ate at Da Nico's! Wonderful food and service is top notch! .....yummm...

Oh...and you being a Belle and all (I'm a Belle too--Tennessee), you might want to realize that these people are all in a little bit of a hurry, so they really don't want to stop and chat with you, so don't make eye contact with them on the street--it makes them a little uneasy I think! LOL They're really not rude, just on a mission. :wink:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    sweet, go Yankees!

Seeing Yankees v Red Sox July 5th in NY!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Mmmm NY Pizza!

If you see The Buttercup Bakery, go in and get a cupcake! hehe Or Magnolia is good too.

Oh girl, you are KILLING me with Magnolia Bakery reference. I can't go anywhere in the West VIllage without making a "special" detour. Their frosting is heaven. I mean, its real life heaven. When I die, I want to ride a magic carpet all over the universe and eat never-ending plates full of Magnolia Cupcakes!

Ohh, I know!!! I could eat the frosting all by itself!! HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Or Juniors cheesecake!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • AlliOops
    AlliOops Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mmmm NY Pizza!

If you see The Buttercup Bakery, go in and get a cupcake! hehe Or Magnolia is good too.

Oh girl, you are KILLING me with Magnolia Bakery reference. I can't go anywhere in the West VIllage without making a "special" detour. Their frosting is heaven. I mean, its real life heaven. When I die, I want to ride a magic carpet all over the universe and eat never-ending plates full of Magnolia Cupcakes!

YES! Even the plain is delicious. So creamy, oh...so...creeeaaaaaaaaaaamy!
    [insert Homer Simpson drool here!]
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Mmmm NY Pizza!

YES! Even the plain is delicious. So creamy, oh...so...creeeaaaaaaaaaaamy!
    [insert Homer Simpson drool here!]

I am actually drooling now!!!!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    sweet, go Yankees!

Will you invite my father-in-law??? He'd give his right arm to go to that game!!!

Actually he probably could with all the hook-ups he has in NY!!! Haha!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Picturing you now...

enchanted1126.jpg

Have a great time, missy! :drinker:

I've been waiting to comment on this... you're crazy Shannon... and that WILL be me!!! Haha!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    sweet, go Yankees!

Ooohhh... you are so lucky!!!:happy:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I've got to get in and see a ball game soon.

Nothing better than a nice day, ball game and a beer!!! HEHE!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Friday night we are going to a Yankee Game... my hub and his fam are HUGE fans!!! I don't have a favorite team - I just like baseball.

Saturday is reserved for sight-seeing... then dinner in Little Italy at Da Nico. My husband's fam are all Italian... full blooded... haha!!!

When my daughter and I went to NYC last spring we ate at Da Nico's! Wonderful food and service is top notch! .....yummm...

Oh...and you being a Belle and all (I'm a Belle too--Tennessee), you might want to realize that these people are all in a little bit of a hurry, so they really don't want to stop and chat with you, so don't make eye contact with them on the street--it makes them a little uneasy I think! LOL They're really not rude, just on a mission. :wink:

Thanks for the tips! I'm a talker!!! Heehee!!

My husband said the same thing... not rude just on a mission! That's funny! I hope I don't annoy anyone there! I'm not a total "southern" stereotype but close. haha!:laugh:
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I am all for the MFP New York City weekend! That would be a blast!
  • TamTastic
    Options

My husband said the same thing... no rude just on a mission! That's funny! I hope I don't annoy anyone there! I'm not a total "southern" stereotype but close. haha!:laugh:

It's SO true! WOW....I was just in last Wed, and trying to get out of the train in Grand Central Station during rush hour, walk across and to the subway was like playing Frogger!! LMAO! (remember that game??) I had my son in a stroller too, which made it interesting!

Yes, people are very much on a mission...either getting TO work, or going home FROM work, or getting to a meeting or going shopping or meeting someone for dinner!! Just busy busy!!

However, I have found that anytime I did need help (back when I had first moved out this way)..if I did need to ask someone how to get somewhere, many people were a lot more helpful than you think they will be!! :wink: :wink:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I'll be the chaperone. th_thhypocrite.gif
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

My husband said the same thing... no rude just on a mission! That's funny! I hope I don't annoy anyone there! I'm not a total "southern" stereotype but close. haha!:laugh:

It's SO true! WOW....I was just in last Wed, and trying to get out of the train in Grand Central Station during rush hour, walk across and to the subway was like playing Frogger!! LMAO! (remember that game??) I had my son in a stroller too, which made it interesting!

Yes, people are very much on a mission...either getting TO work, or going home FROM work, or getting to a meeting or going shopping or meeting someone for dinner!! Just busy busy!!

However, I have found that anytime I did need help (back when I had first moved out this way)..if I did need to ask someone how to get somewhere, many people were a lot more helpful than you think they will be!! :wink: :wink:
    Frogger reminds me of that Seinfeld episode :laugh:

That is true Tiramisu... if you ever need help, they are more than willing to help.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

Sounds like fun :smile: Have a good time :drinker: And catch us up when you get back :bigsmile:
  • KrisKabob
    Options

That is true Tiramisu... if you ever need help, they are more than willing to help.

Me too! I love that episode!!! haha!!!
  • KrisKabob
    Options

I'll be the chaperone. th_thhypocrite.gif

You mean WE'LL BE YOUR CHAPERONE!!! haha!!!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Just answer me one thing New Yorkers... will people push me down if I stop to take pictures???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Just answer me one thing New Yorkers... will people push me down if I stop to take pictures???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Stay outta the way.. stand on the curb and you'll be fine LOL
  • TamTastic
    Options

That's funny! I was actually thinking about that episode as I was typing that!! :laugh: :laugh: That's pretty much how it is trying to get around NYC!