You should study nutrition because...

Options
...even professionals are leading you in the wrong direction. Learning about proper nutrition will save you a lot of wasted time and you'll get to your goals faster.

When I take on clients I make them do ridiculous amounts of research. Its not enough for me to just summarize things to them. People always end up trying to tweak things when they don't understand the mechanics of proper nutrition. It never works out as well as it could have. I always tell them that if they spent two less hours training a week and used those two hours to read they would inevitably reach their goals faster in the long run. I believe that when I say it.

Tons of people have mild eating disorders. Probably half the people reading this have mild eating disorders. Ive been a victim myself. Its not your fault really. You just have misinformation flying at you from every direction. Even people who understand nutrition often find themselves doing some things they shouldn't. Bad habbits die hard. Stop them before they start.

By mild eating disorders I mean

-You eat too little
-Nutrition outweighs friendship and social occasions
-Your diet has ruined friendships
-You consider certain foods to be taboo
-You do extra exercise when you eat things you feel guilty about
-You fast if you over eat for the day

To name a few.

If you've done any of these things, ever, I consider you as risk for serious health issues in the future. Eating disorders don't just manifest themselves overnight. So, don't think , "I'm special, that'll never be me". You're not special.

This is why people should spend some serious time doing real research on proper nutrition.

Heres the sources I suggest.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Read stickies^

www.bodyrecomposition.com

www.alanaragonblog.com

www.leangains.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamFitness

If you read all that you'd know more than ~99% of people everywhere. You can learn it in a month easily. Spend all your time learning rather than asking questions.

Replies

• favreervaf
    favreervaf Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great post. Agreed. What we are fueling are bodies with, the one body we get for our whole life, should be well studied and known by everyone. The crap people put in their bodies is amazing.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Good post, great list of resources.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    But...the toxins...
  • leenamaria
    leenamaria Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump - saved to read later
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • christocentrist
    Options
    Thanks for caring!!! Must check out those sources; please give us more! Book recommendations too!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later reading! Thanks!!
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump for later-
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Would also love book recs!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Nice links.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

-You eat too little

To name a few.

If you've done any of these things, ever, I consider you as risk for serious health issues in the future. Eating disorders don't just manifest themselves overnight. So, don't think , "I'm special, that'll never be me". You're not special.

I'm special, none of those apply to me.
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump for later reading... thanks!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Edit: switch out "mild eating disorders" to "patterns of disordered eating" and you're golden!

Thanks for the links.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I try to read information written by scientists and studies that have been peer-reviewed and published in reputable scientific journals.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I predict you'll do well here.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    ...even professionals are leading you in the wrong direction. Learning about proper nutrition will save you a lot of wasted time and you'll get to your goals faster.

When I take on clients I make them do ridiculous amounts of research. Its not enough for me to just summarize things to them. People always end up trying to tweak things when they don't understand the mechanics of proper nutrition. It never works out as well as it could have. I always tell them that if they spent two less hours training a week and used those two hours to read they would inevitably reach their goals faster in the long run. I believe that when I say it.

Tons of people have mild eating disorders. Probably half the people reading this have mild eating disorders. Ive been a victim myself. Its not your fault really. You just have misinformation flying at you from every direction. Even people who understand nutrition often find themselves doing some things they shouldn't. Bad habbits die hard. Stop them before they start.

-You eat too little

To name a few.

This is why people should spend some serious time doing real research on proper nutrition.

Read stickies^

www.alanaragonblog.com

www.leangains.com

If you read all that you'd know more than ~99% of people everywhere. You can learn it in a month easily. Spend all your time learning rather than asking questions.

And tell me, sir, why are YOUR sources unbiased?

Truth is they aren't.

These sources support the "eat pop tarts and ice cream" crowd if anyone was wondering. There are many, many other valid viewpoints on nitrition, presented by people who aren't obnoxious like Aragon.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

-You eat too little

To name a few.

Read stickies^

www.alanaragonblog.com

www.leangains.com

Truth is they aren't.

These sources support the "eat pop tarts and ice cream" crowd if anyone was wondering. There are many, many other valid viewpoints on nitrition, presented by people who aren't obnoxious like Aragon.

Wow, you just love to try to start trouble dont you?
    And just yesterday I was saying to other people here it seemed like you were making some sense and not being as...well, I dont want to attack, so just what is your problem?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Truth is they aren't.

I thought you had decided to like poptarts after all?
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    bump to access resources later