Your thoughts

Options

Replies

• AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    So I ask all of you, what if she was not married and did not have a bf?
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm with devilwhiteros, I have plenty of male friends (new and old). My husband knows me, and trusts me so why would he care if I have male friends or female friends, as long as they're friends. If you're concerned about perception, yeah, ask the husband to the show as well.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Same diff. If all you want is friendship, her marital status doesn't matter.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options

Get someeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :drinker:
  • AIZZO4
    Options

LMAO see right there is what I mean. Why is it assumed that I want some....lol
  • AIZZO4
    Options

Same diff. If all you want is friendship, her marital status doesn't matter.

I agree with you.
  • dtreg35
    dtreg35 Posts: 93
    Options
    Op, If you were married would you want your wife going out with guys you didnt know?
  • dtreg35
    Options

because in your profile you say you would like some "attention" from the opposite sex!!!!! haha
  • AIZZO4
    Options
    Op, If you were married would you want your wife going out with guys you didnt know?

Hell No. But I wouldn't stop her. My post was not about not understanding, it's about why is it like that?
  • AIZZO4
    Options

because in your profile you say you would like some "attention" from the opposite sex!!!!! haha

Attention, not sex.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was talking to a female and we found out we have a lot of things in common, including music. Just so happens the band that we like is coming to town next week. Now, she has a husband and I am in no way trying to hit on her (no matter what you think....lol). However, because of the world we live in, I couldn't ask her to go. So I ask you, how would you feel if a member of the opposite sex asks you to hang out? If it was a member of the same sex, there would be no issue. Why are we so full of ourselves that we think just because someone asks us to hang out, they must want something more? Your opinions please?

I don't think it has anything to do with the world we live in it's just disrespectful.. Now if you were the husband of the female being asked out how will you feel?? :noway: Think about it... :huh: :huh: And you answered your own question.. I think that there are plenty other females in the world to chill with.. The married ones shouldn't be an option... I can see if you guys were friends and then she got married, that will a different story, but just asking a married women out is a NO NO... (Just my opinion)...:drinker: Good Luck.....
  • AIZZO4
    Options
    So yesterday I was talking to a female and we found out we have a lot of things in common, including music. Just so happens the band that we like is coming to town next week. Now, she has a husband and I am in no way trying to hit on her (no matter what you think....lol). However, because of the world we live in, I couldn't ask her to go. So I ask you, how would you feel if a member of the opposite sex asks you to hang out? If it was a member of the same sex, there would be no issue. Why are we so full of ourselves that we think just because someone asks us to hang out, they must want something more? Your opinions please?

I don't think it has anything to do with the world we live in it's just disrespectful.. Now if you were the husband of the female being asked out how will you feel?? :noway: Think about it... :huh: :huh: And you answered your own question.. I think that there are plenty other females in the world to chill with.. The married ones shouldn't be an option... I can see if you guys were friends and then she got married, that will a different story, but just asking a married women out is a NO NO... (Just my opinion)...:drinker: Good Luck.....

I understand why. If I was the husband I would be a little wtf but I wouldn't stop it or get mad at her.
  • dtreg35
    Options

Hell No. But I wouldn't stop her. My post was not about not understanding, it's about why is it like that?

It's like that because we are guys and we always want some sex!
  • AIZZO4
    Options

Hey man, don't tell our secret.
  • dtreg35
    Options

Hey man, don't tell our secret.

I think the cats out of the bag!
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

LOL... EXACTLY....:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Some way Some how... Sex will be on the menu... IF you can GET IT... U DEF WILL TAKE IT!!!!
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I think that there are plenty other females in the world to chill with.. The married ones shouldn't be an option...

Wait, so... does this mean that women who are married aren't allowed to have male friends?
    tumblr_mjx354kY5D1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

"Wow, you're a really cool person and we have a lot in common -- oh wait, you have a husband? LOL NVM WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS. YOU'RE TIED DOWN SO YOU'RE NO LONGER AN OPTION TO BE MY FRIEND."

Am I the only one who finds that just slightly ridiculous? Men and women can have platonic relationships. Even if they are both heterosexual, it doesn't mean that they're going to end up in bed together.
  • Cuddlemonster2
    Options
    Just invite both of them? :)
    Even if he doesn't wanna come after that, it'd show that you have no hidden agenda, right?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Ask her AND her hubby. As for the social question, my husband has female friends, I have male frinds, neither one of us is in any way jealous, what's the problem????? If you're not actually hitting on her, you should be able to go places with her and nobody will bat an eye. If you DO hit on her the whole dynamic changes and the friendship will suffer. YES men and women can be friends with no complications from being of different genders. And I DO NOT believe that guys are always out for sex. Certainly none of the guys I know..
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I think that there are plenty other females in the world to chill with.. The married ones shouldn't be an option...

Wait, so... does this mean that women who are married aren't allowed to have male friends?
    tumblr_mjx354kY5D1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

"Wow, you're a really cool person and we have a lot in common -- oh wait, you have a husband? LOL NVM WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS. YOU'RE TIED DOWN SO YOU'RE NO LONGER AN OPTION TO BE MY FRIEND."

Am I the only one who finds that just slightly ridiculous? Men and women can have platonic relationships. Even if they are both heterosexual, it doesn't mean that they're going to end up in bed together.

I have been to the cinema and gigs alone with male friends, my boyfriend wasn't bothered, I am capable of having friends with out sleeping with them...............