Where have all the runners gone....

Options

Replies

• kaliso
    kaliso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just getting back on the running train. not rainy days are few and far beteen here in Seattle, but went for a 6.5 miler yesterday and rekindled my interest.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Here! I'm doing half marathon training for a 10 miler in May. Right now my goal is just to finish that damn race.
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner... still getting to the shape I want to be in, but hoping for a half marathon this fall!
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2013 is to qualify for Boston 2014!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    They ran away
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Won my age division in a half last weekend! Time to move on to a full. But first...Tough Mudder, Spartan, and a double half!

Yes, I like to torture my body just to see how far my mind will let me take it!

I run almost everyday though. So, there are runners here!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i am here.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner! Currently training for a half marathon in October. At the moment though I'm still pretty new (started in January) and am running 2.25 miles at a time. Working my way up!

I think that running is out of style on MFP. It seems like heavy lifting is the new running. Oh well! I say that it's great to do whatever feels best for you! I love cardio so much, and have really fallen in love with running this year. :-)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Here! My first major goal of the year is our local half-marathon in May. After that, we'll see.
  • sportzmom23
    sportzmom23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm becoming a runner again! Did all thru high school, then, Navy, college, husband, kids, well...life happened. Training for my first half May 5!
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We're here!! :drinker: :drinker:

Plan for this year is to run Brighton marathon in 3 weeks, hoping for sub 4 hours

After that work on improving speed and run a sub 22 min 5K

Also run a few more half marathons and hopefully break 1:45!

Just had a look at your profile.. congrats on such a huge loss!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I've set up the following group if anyone is interested in joining

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13157-from-plodders-to-sprinters
  • bluesrockerman
    bluesrockerman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I recently got back into running (if you can call it that, more like plodding along) about 6 weeks ago. I'm really slow but get my heart rate up where it needs to be and know I'll get faster as I lose more. I'm down about 26 lbs but still weigh 291 so I have to be careful. I used to be a runner a long time ago and have always liked it once I'm into it.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the C25K and have a 5K scheduled on April 13. My plans then are to complete a local Mudquest in May, after that maybe the C25K - 10K bridge?
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner! I have a half coming up in 6 weeks, was looking at a PR, however I came down with pneumonia around March 13th. I'm getting back to training now, my dr is optimistic that I'll be able to do the half, but I might have to focus on just finishing for this one. I have asthma too so recovery is slow.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    We're here!! :drinker: :drinker:

Plan for this year is to run Brighton marathon in 3 weeks, hoping for sub 4 hours

After that work on improving speed and run a sub 22 min 5K

Also run a few more half marathons and hopefully break 1:45!

Just had a look at your profile.. congrats on such a huge loss!

Thank you, the main reason I've kind of taken up running is to keep the weight off. Obviously alongside decent eating. Did my first Half Marathon sunday.
  • seeashleysave
    seeashleysave Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been running since late October and have my first half marathon in 12 days! Super excited! :)
  • fnixrebrn
    fnixrebrn Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm training for my first Half this October (A personal goal I have for this year). Have some 5ks lined up May and June. I'm hoping to be able to run the whole half, but I'll settle for not being the last to finish lol. Doing a walk/run program so hope to finish at a good time.
  • LaurieT907
    LaurieT907 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here! Currently training for my 5th Half in 3 weeks :)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a 10K. I'm not a long distance runner and when I started last year this was my goal...to run a 10K. So, I'm planning on running one on June 8th, with a 5 mile marathon relay race about 3 weeks before!!