fruit binge

Options
can you binge and gain fat from fruit?

i went nuts over some fruit salad (after dinner, and i had at least 3 cups of fruit) and i weighed myself just for kicks... +5lbs! obvi its all water weight and so i'm not worried, but since fruit is pretty much sugars and starchy carbs, will they go straight to the fat cells if i'm not doing any exercise after dinner? this isn't like a rare occurrence or anything, I'd rather binge on fruit and veggies and i do.

Replies

• nataliecarter28
    nataliecarter28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So far as I know, you can eat all the fruit you want, and never feel guilty about it.
    covered in chocolate or cream cheese or something- then its dessert, but plain fruit is just plain good for you.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to start with this one.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Uhmm..3 cups of fruit is a snack. Not a binge.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Binging on anything isn't great, but fruit or veggies are the way to go if you must. Try to limit your portions. Try to eat the most for lunch, not dinner, and definitely don't binge After dinner. Do your binging earlier in the day if you have to do it all.

I have post-its all over that say "No food tastes as good as skinny feels" - admittedly you have to yourself this many many times before you believe it, but it helps to put the food down.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Yes. Limiting fruit is important for me. It's healthy in moderation, but sooooo many calories.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Three cups of fruit isn't all that much, really, and shouldn't be considered a binge.
  • supergirljen
    Options
    I'm so confused. Of course fruit is something...if it wasn't I would live on fruit. Sugar is sugar, calories are calories, carbs are carbs...My husband eats normal but eats fruit ALL DAY. He is fat. Very fat.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Calm. Down.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Yes. Limiting fruit is important for me. It's healthy in moderation, but sooooo many calories.

NO.
  • busywifehealthylife
    Options
    Calm. Down.

This.
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Are you staying with in your goals? That is imporant... LOG EVERYTHING!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...I don't think you should weigh yourself right after you eat, for starters....
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Moderation is always good.

But one night of 3-fruit-cups isn't a killer.

For consistent weigh-ins, one is advised to pick a day and time (e.g., Saturday first thing in the morning) and compare those numbers.

There's a natural cycle up/down during a day or week.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories-- have more then you need/ burn off and it translates to fat not matter what foods the calories come from. But in all likelihood, your fruit consumption isn't going to put you over the top.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I can only have a fruit or two a day to stick to my personal carb and sugar goals. But fruit is good! Don't panic.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    As long as you're logging it and staying within your calorie goal it doesn't matter. Calories are calories, no matter where they come from!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A binge is what just happened in my mouth involving two cupcakes. Fruit!? Pfft.
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    wheres the rolling eyes smiley
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    yeah, fatties got where they are becaused they gorged on fruit,

EARTH TO YOU