fruit binge

Options

Replies

• AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yes. Limiting fruit is important for me. It's healthy in moderation, but sooooo many calories.

As opposed to what? They are good calories.. Much better than many options out there.
  • AmberSpamber
    Options
    wheres the rolling eyes smiley

Like :)
  • AmberSpamber
    Options

Oh my heck.. Laughing so hard right now!
  • stephstg
    stephstg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you should think of all the sugar... and don't eat fruit after a meal because it digests faster than the rest of your meal but no, you're not going to get fat from it -_-
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'd say: WAY TO GO!!!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I have post-its all over that say "No food tastes as good as skinny feels" - admittedly you have to yourself this many many times before you believe it, but it helps to put the food down.

that is a pro-ana quote popularized by Kate Moss. i'd avoid it.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    yes you can get fat from fruit. People get angry and insist otherwise but its true.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    can you binge and gain fat from fruit?

i went nuts over some fruit salad (after dinner, and i had at least 3 cups of fruit) and i weighed myself just for kicks... +5lbs! obvi its all water weight and so i'm not worried, but since fruit is pretty much sugars and starchy carbs, will they go straight to the fat cells if i'm not doing any exercise after dinner? this isn't like a rare occurrence or anything, I'd rather binge on fruit and veggies and i do.

3 cups of fruit isn't a binge. A binge is 2000+ calories consumed in any 2 hour time frame that you ate feeling completely out of control and unable to stop, alone because you didn't want anyone to see you, you may or may have not started out feeling actual physical hunger but by the end of it you feel so full that you are in physical pain, and you feel shame, guilt, & self-hatred afterwards.

You can gain fat from anything. Any food - fruit, vegetables, tuna, chicken, egg whites, chocolate, cake, pie, ice cream, cheeseburgers, fries, pizza. Any macronutrient: carbs/fat/protein. No food goes "straight to the fat cells" because you don't exercise after dinner. It doesn't matter that fruit is "pretty much sugars and starchy carbs". You gain weight when your calories eaten exceed your total calories burned. That's it.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    :laugh: bahahahaha this....this made my lunch break
  • jenln26
    jenln26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, first, don't weigh youself right after you eat 3 cups of fruit...on the other hand fruit, although low in calories is very high in sugar. Some fruit, just one cup is half a days sugar allowance for me. I think if you stay within your calories but are going way over on sugar you body will hold onto that.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    So far as I know, you can eat all the fruit you want, and never feel guilty about it.
    covered in chocolate or cream cheese or something- then its dessert, but plain fruit is just plain good for you.

@nataliecarter....Not exactly eat as much as you want. Keep in mind every fruit/every amount has calories, check in the database and you'll find out how wrong "eat all the fruit you want" isn't the case! Trust me, coming from WW to here it was like a reality slap in the face for me. Mind you fruits and veggies are better for a person, but everything in moderation. Lesson learned :smile:
  • stephstg
    stephstg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. Of course fruit is something...if it wasn't I would live on fruit. Sugar is sugar, calories are calories, carbs are carbs...My husband eats normal but eats fruit ALL DAY. He is fat. Very fat.

all calories, fat, sugar are created equal. you will not have the same body/fat reservations if you eat 500 calories worth of fried fast food as you would 500 calories with lean meats, whole grains, fresh fruits, and vegetables.
    Eating fruit isn't what made him very fat
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options

i went nuts over some fruit salad (after dinner, and i had at least 3 cups of fruit) and i weighed myself just for kicks... +5lbs! obvi its all water weight and so i'm not worried, but since fruit is pretty much sugars and starchy carbs, will they go straight to the fat cells if i'm not doing any exercise after dinner? this isn't like a rare occurrence or anything, I'd rather binge on fruit and veggies and i do.

When you say fruit salad....do you mean various fruits mixed together...naked? Ooooor my version of fruite salad where it's covered in sugary and creamy deliciousness?? Because when it comes to 3 cups of either, comparativley there's a difference
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Calories in, calories out. No matter what you're eating. Fruit or Crisco.
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eating fruit in correct moderation is important in a well balanced diet. However if you have too much one day it is not a big deal. It is eating too much everyday that it is a problem.
    People who over eat fruit can gain weight because of the amount of calories that are in fruit. This is why people gain weight using juicers, they put too much fruit in it.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to start with this one.

@Cr01502....Ditto! I did however I did comment on another's quote, hey I couldn't resist :wink:
  • Itza85
    Itza85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i know you might get different ideas in terms of fruit. Nonetheless, I've been eating a bowl of fruit (1 fuji apple, 1 navel orange and 1/2 cup of strawberries) for dinner for the last 6 weeks, one of those weeks I switched it up with a homemade veggie soup. I have lost weight and have stayed within my calorie goal. As far as I know, fruit sugar is better than refine sugar, it's easier for your body to break down. That's what has worked for me, but than again we are all different. Hope it helps :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have post-its all over that say "No food tastes as good as skinny feels" - admittedly you have to yourself this many many times before you believe it, but it helps to put the food down.

that is a pro-ana quote popularized by Kate Moss. i'd avoid it.

^^ This. SO MUCH. When someone says that phrase to me the first thing I say is 'never EVER say that to me again if you want to keep your teeth.' Pro-health people have changed it to say healthy instead of skinny but I don't like that either. Saying you should be deprived to meet some predetermined (or still undetermined as the case may be) goal pisses me right off.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options

tumblr_mk2fyqp28M1s8xh6wo1_250.gif

Not this **** again.

I'm a recovered anorexic. Also a recovered binge eater. And that is SUCH a total bull**** lie. No food tastes better than when you are depriving yourself of it. Being skinny is overrated. Being healthy isn't and most healthy people are able to live their entire life eating everything in moderation. Go eat some nutella and chocolate cheesecake once in a while. Life is short.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

'Binging' on ANYTHING is a bad habit to get into but it occasionally happens to the best of us. If it isn't a rare occurrence as you stated above you may have to address the fact that you may have a problem or even have the beginning of a disorder. As far as the food going 'straight to your fat cells'.......NO. You ate too much, it's done, move on. Make tomorrow a better day. According to your profile you only have 12 to lose anyway. May I ask what you weigh now and what is your goal weight?