fruit binge

Options

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    To the OP - 3 cups of fruit salad (assuming it is just fruit) is not going to hurt you. You're talking...maybe 200 cals. You're just fine, enjoy that fruit and continue on with your normal day! Heck I had 3 cups of watermelon last night and plan on doing it again tonight!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I do not believe that all calories are created equal and neither does Weight Watchers. Two different foods can have the same calorie count but calculate out very differently point-wise.

In Weight Watchers, you can have up to 5 servings per day of fruit (2.5 cups) without having to figure the points for it. It's practically free food; yay!
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    I have post-its all over that say "No food tastes as good as skinny feels" - admittedly you have to yourself this many many times before you believe it, but it helps to put the food down.

yes....except everything. Besides onions, I'll give you onions
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    can you binge and gain fat from fruit?

i went nuts over some fruit salad (after dinner, and i had at least 3 cups of fruit) and i weighed myself just for kicks... +5lbs! obvi its all water weight and so i'm not worried, but since fruit is pretty much sugars and starchy carbs, will they go straight to the fat cells if i'm not doing any exercise after dinner? this isn't like a rare occurrence or anything, I'd rather binge on fruit and veggies and i do.

you ate 15000 + calories in fruit ...Holy *kitten*! Was that a dump truck full of fruit/???
  • TheBoev
    TheBoev Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lots of factors at play. Based on where I carry my weight and my lack of being able to lose it like others AND my age, my Dr. suggested that I am not breaking down fruit as well as others do. That the sugar if it is being held onto as if it were refined sugar. So she had me limit it to 2 fruits (and to stick to mostly berries if I can) and eat them in the morning, My trainer said the same thing.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options

i went nuts over some fruit salad (after dinner, and i had at least 3 cups of fruit) and i weighed myself just for kicks... +5lbs! obvi its all water weight and so i'm not worried, but since fruit is pretty much sugars and starchy carbs, will they go straight to the fat cells if i'm not doing any exercise after dinner? this isn't like a rare occurrence or anything, I'd rather binge on fruit and veggies and i do.

you ate 15000 + calories in fruit ...Holy *kitten*! Was that a dump truck full of fruit/???

psst 5 lbs = 17500 calories, not 15000, BUT ANYWAY. Maybe they just ate 50 avocados.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

psst 5 lbs = 17500 calories, not 15000, BUT ANYWAY. Maybe they just ate 50 avocados.

*chortle*

oh how I love thee, MFP!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    I have post-its all over that say "No food tastes as good as skinny feels" - admittedly you have to yourself this many many times before you believe it, but it helps to put the food down.

that is a pro-ana quote popularized by Kate Moss. i'd avoid it.

Edit to : Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels....I tend to disagree with this as well sometimes...Taste my homemade marshmallow brownies with homemade chocolate frosting, you will understand.
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    :laugh: bahahahaha this....this made my lunch break
    glad I could help
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    mIght as well buy the hover round now and look for ways to powder the folds. Fruit was how I became 365lbs ate it by the garbage truck full. Think of all those obese lazy chimpanzees you see. Gah!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

*chortle*

oh how I love thee, MFP!

LOL well I did the math in my head, so that is what I get..

either way that is a *kitten* ton of fruit!
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options

that is a pro-ana quote popularized by Kate Moss. i'd avoid it.

Edit to : Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels....I tend to disagree with this as well sometimes...Taste my homemade marshmallow brownies with homemade chocolate frosting, you will understand.

I would very much like that recipe...Marshmallow Brownies...Sound AMAZING!!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Yes. Limiting fruit is important for me. It's healthy in moderation, but sooooo many calories.

NO.

Clearly you can't eat the way I eat. I can eat 5lbs of watermelon and still be hungry. Fruit is yummy but not at all filling.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes. Limiting fruit is important for me. It's healthy in moderation, but sooooo many calories.

NO.

Clearly you can't eat the way I eat. I can eat 5lbs of watermelon and still be hungry. Fruit is yummy but not at all filling.

Take advantage of that while you can. I used to be able to eat mass amounts of fruit...then I developed IBS and fructose intolerance. Now one piece of fruit = intense stomach pain, indigestion, possible running to the toilet, etc. FUN TIMES.
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Three cups is not a binge.

If I eat one slice of bread a day extra I will gain ten pounds in a year. (100 x 365)= 36500 or ten more pounds of me. If I eat 365 slices of bread in a day I will - well, can't imagine what. Explode? Expel it from the top or bottom? Wear out? The body just can't possibly absorb fifteen loaves of bread at once. A RARE binge is not as harmful as daily overeating. Log everything, weigh rarely. If I eat a pound of chocolate or drink a pound of water and hop on the scale I'm up a pound. Neither of those will be the same pound in 24 hours. Discipline, discipline, discipline. Oh, and moderation in all things, including moderation.
  • motorgreg_pdx
    motorgreg_pdx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I eat like 400g of banana and 300g of apples like every other day... It worries me
  • kikimilabutterfly
    Options
    Fruit = good carbs...I wish I would have had a fruit binge instead of the animal cracker binge I had today!
  • realtimeme
    Options

You can't gain fat weight with fruit, but you may temporarily feel bloated just because of the food combinations of the day, but fruit is like 80% water, so eventually it all goes away, in fact with all that fiber is good for weight loss. Check out Freelee the Banana girl :)
  • realtimeme
    realtimeme Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Options

3 cups of fruit isn't a binge. A binge is 2000+ calories consumed in any 2 hour time frame that you ate feeling completely out of control and unable to stop, alone because you didn't want anyone to see you, you may or may have not started out feeling actual physical hunger but by the end of it you feel so full that you are in physical pain, and you feel shame, guilt, & self-hatred afterwards.

I agree with you 3 cups of fruit is definitely not a binge. Plus, there is also the shame, the guilt, physical pain, and the feelings of loss of control.