One thing you hated about the older fatter you...

Options

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    The fatter me was actually younger, not older.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That it took her so damn long to realise how damn important it was to lose the weight and be healthy.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    She lacked self respect and confidence. And she was a really cool person who didn't realise it.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I hated that I was so unhappy with myself and never did anything about it. Why did it take me over 10 years to finally get off my *kitten*?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    She lacked self respect and confidence. And she was a really cool person who didn't realise it.

That's exactly what I'm struggling with now. Hoping to make it to the other side without giving up this time :smile:
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love the fatter me. She was on the one who got her act together. and said enough is enough. She was the one who gave up the high calorie food. She was the one who got me on my feet, when it hurt to do so. I love her, she got me where I am today. Forty five pounds lighter, fitter, and near to goal.

I had good self esteem when I was fat, and good self esteem when I am slimmer. Good self esteem happens in the mind, not the exterior. I do worry about some of the young women here. They don't seem to like themselves much.
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    The scale and my pouchy tummy.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options

That's exactly what I'm struggling with now. Hoping to make it to the other side without giving up this time :smile:

First quote: favorite post! we need a like button here!
    2nd quote: You are already cool (and awesome for picking yourself up again!) keep it up, you WILL succeed!
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So far, I haven't lost a lot of weight (just over 15 pounds), but now I can actually walk up stairs without getting out of breath and feeling like I'm dying! I absolutely LOVE that. Whenever I would have to walk upstairs it would take me at least a minute or two to calm my breath.
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    Mostly no energy but the worst was being ashamed to go out in public. I'm never going back to her even though she was my best friend for a long time.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What I hated was the shame I felt when I ate. It tries to creep up on me every now and then, but I tell it to f-off.
  • khall86790
    Options
    What I hated was the shame I felt when I ate.

You know I'd actually forgotten about that. It's such an awful feeling... :(
  • khall86790
    Options

First quote: favorite post! we need a like button here!
    2nd quote: You are already cool (and awesome for picking yourself up again!) keep it up, you WILL succeed!

Glad I am not the only one!
    2nd quote: You are already all of these things. Losing weight and being healthier will just make you see what is already there, so start embracing it now!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My current self. My belly and the way I feel
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sweating...all the time!

Oh, and the boobs.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hated the fact that I was depressed and hated myself. I have actually lost more weight than my ticker shows. At my heaviest, I weighed 190 lbs. That was more than when I was pregnant. I am at 148 now, and plan to keep losing body fat. As I have changed and gotten stronger (and smaller), I have grown to love and respect myself.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Though I'm still in progress and not qualified to be able to refer to 'the older fatter me', I'd say BLOATING!!! and being ashamed of myself and hanging my head down wherever I go/refusing to be in public!
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I NEVER considered calories or made any time whatsoever for exercise. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it, and I always ate in excess. I had no idea that I was slowly destroying my own body.
  • jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I NEVER considered calories or made any time whatsoever for exercise. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it, and I always ate in excess. I had no idea that I was slowly destroying my own body.

agreed. i was the same way. Thumbs up to the old us changing our ways!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My double chin. I HATED it! I would point my head down, and feel my neck hit my chest, and it felt so strange. SO glad that's gone!