khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I dropped 3 dress sizes doing the following videos:
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30
    Biggest Loser - Weightloss Yoga
    Biggest Loser - Cardio Max
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown
    Jillian Michaels Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.

All amazing DVDs but my favourite 2 are 30DS as it's great for beginners and advanced and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism as it transformed my body so much in the last month or so and got me over a plateau.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've been working out since last for a while & have used various tools such as YouTube for videos or DVD's. My all time favorite is Tae Bo for cardio & calesthenic's. I've lost 25 lbs in 8 mo. Here recently I started Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 for strength training (in 3rd wk now) & am starting to see more sculpted results in my arm's, legs & abs. I also follow a low sodium (1500 mg) low carb/gluten free regimine of eating. I'm not perfect at either but I give each all I got. I get my recipe inspirations from www.yourlighterside.com or Mariahealth.blogspot.com. I try not to eat corn, wheat, rice, soy or oats in any form due to having high blood pressure & having food allergies. I eat low carb forming fruits & drink sada's/spritzer's sweetend w/stevia. All of these things in a combination is helping me achieve my goal. I'm not suggesting you do anything as drastic as I have b/c mines is due to medical reasoning but still good info to know. Other DVD's would be Leslie Sansung's walk away the pound's, Denise Austin's wo, Kendell Hogan from Fit TV just to name a few. Good luck & I hope you find the 1 that works for you!
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I cannot afford a gym membership so I workout only at home and count calories/log food intake. I have the 30 Day Shred (also available for free on YouTube)...I also walk when I can..I play Just Dance with my kids on the Wii..and I do have a treadmill which is nice since our weather here is so unpredictable. I have lost 31lbs in 50 days.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70lbe in total and for sure 50lbs have been just watching what I eat, running, walking, videos at home and zumba on the Wii. I haven't had a gum membership for over a year and used it minimally prior to that. I have done the personal trainer way and lost nothing. Between what I mentioned above and WW and now this site I am determined never to enter a gym again! Just my personal preference!!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a gym membership since my mid 20's! I do everything at home, or out running. First starting out I got some of the Biggest Loser dvds (Cardio Max, and Power Sculpt were the 2 I had), Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, even a 90's Step aerobics VHS that I 'yoinked' from my mom. :laugh:
    You can absolutely lose weight successfully at home. Once I started getting more fit, I amped up the work outs by starting to run, and I bit the bullet and bought Insanity. LOVE INSANITY!! I added Turbo Fire to my collection at Christmas, and I really want Les Mills Combat. I've tried a couple Tae Bo dvds a friend lent me, too. I bought a treadmill off of Craigslist... but it's since died, so as soon as I save up, I'll be buying a new one! :happy: The running has become a recent obsession, as well. I'm addicted to races, mud run obstacle course events... and the "bling" at the end! :love:
    I'm pretty sure you can find things on Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube, as well. You'll do great!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    I do P90X at home and watch my diet. So far it seems to be doing the trick.
    d1_d15_d30_Back_zps8764724c.jpeg
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't have gym membership so was relying on home DVDs - started with 30 day shred which was great BUT I dont think she includes enough warm up or cool down exercises. after 10 days of the workouts both my feet are now crocked so can't do any impact exercise at all - even walking hurts at the moment. My sister had the same experience (except she got calf pain not feet). So I would recommend DVDs but when I can get back to them I am going to do extra warm up and - especially - cool down stretches
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom and watch one little during the week. My only option is to work out at home. I do have an elliptical and a powerhouse home gym, but my cardio is always videos. I got really bored with the 30 day shred. I always started it and two weeks later quit because of knee pain and just plain bored with the program. I fell in love when a MFP friend recommended turbo fire. It is very fast pased and there are tons of different routines to do. With Jillian, my heart rate would level out about 150's with turbo fire my highest so far is 190. I can burn up to 257 calories (hrm) in a HIIT15 routine. YouTube has it for free so try it out. I just recently started putting weights in my mix. I went from 20 min workouts to two hour workouts, it has increased my stamina. Love turbo fire.
  • caseycole1
    caseycole1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rankingfullstop
    rankingfullstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ride indoors on a trainer and follow along with Spinervals videos.
  • tabathavm
    tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom and watch one little during the week. My only option is to work out at home. I do have an elliptical and a powerhouse home gym, but my cardio is always videos. I got really bored with the 30 day shred. I always started it and two weeks later quit because of knee pain and just plain bored with the program. I fell in love when a MFP friend recommended turbo fire. It is very fast pased and there are tons of different routines to do. With Jillian, my heart rate would level out about 150's with turbo fire my highest so far is 190. I can burn up to 257 calories (hrm) in a HIIT15 routine. YouTube has it for free so try it out. I just recently started putting weights in my mix. I went from 20 min workouts to two hour workouts, it has increased my stamina. Love turbo fire.

I cant seem to find Turbo Fire on youtube, not a full version one. Can you post a link?
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Who has time for the gym??? I love me some p90x and insanity. In a couple months I gonna try bodybeast
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm so far down 14 pounds in 35 days through eating better and doing a combination of workout DVD's and using an elliptical. I don't have any progress pictures because I have a way to go on my journey.

I have been doing Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Leslie Sansone as my main 3 workout people. I have a variety of DVD's from all of them from when I lost weight before.

I don't live anywhere near a gym so it's not really an option. I also would be terribly self conscious working out in front of many others.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    When I first started making a commitment to get healthy and fit, home workouts worked best for me. As I wanted to further improve my goal using equipment I don't have, I ventured outside of the home. I find time atleast 4x a week to go the gym now and I am a freelancer and stay at home mom. It's all about your desire to get the results you want and finding ways to make it work. I understand the need though for many to workout at home and that sometimes it's hard to do that. Here are my results from January, overtime til a couple of days ago. Videos I have done range from Fitnessblender.com videos, 30DS/RI30 to Bob Harper workouts. The YMCA is nearby so some of my results also include time that I spent doing 30 minute fitness classes, strength training so I hope y'all don't mind.

23, 5' 6"
    SW: 181.5
    CW: 167
    GW: 160
    I've reduced my BF from 31.9% to 25%. 30DS helped me get from 40% last year to 31.9%

Day 1 was Jan 1, Day 83 was two days ago
    19593344_4703.jpg

Day 8:
    xlxetu.jpg

Day 83 (two days ago):
    19593344_3666.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I do P90X at home and watch my diet. So far it seems to be doing the trick.

Your results are amazing!! Keep up the excellent work! :D
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I have had really nice results from doing only at home Jillian Michaels's workouts. I started with 73kgs and am now at 66kgs. This is my weight loss since July 2012 until now, being my ultimate GW 56kgs. I try to exercise 2x a day and I eat majorly healthy food but have a cheat day where I eat something that may not be too great for me.
  • ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i have lost nearly all of my weight (70lbs -in a little less than a years time) by just doing Jillian Michaels workout videos and tracking my food. i have not once gone to a gym. i have recently purchased a treadmill but that has only accounted for about 10lbs of my weight loss. it is very possible to do it at home :) i actually really enjoy it. it's my me time :)
  • simplysera
    simplysera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    this ^
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Hello! :D My entire success has been done by watching my calorie intake and doing Leslie Sansone walking dvds. Now that I am getting more advanced in my workouts, I just purchased Turbo Jam...which I am so excited to start.

They work - just like any other form of exercise. Over the last few months I have also purchased hand weights, resistance bands, HRM, gloves - so I am pretty much good to go at home. No excuses!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 95lbs and have only been to a real gym twice. I workout at home. I do have weights in my garage. Half of my weight loss came from my elliptical and treadmill. As of a year ago, they are long gone. I run, lift weights, create my own circuits, run bleachers, do Tae Bo, Jillian Michaels videos and I am currently 1/3 of the way finished with Insanity. I have 4 kids and the gym is 40 minute round trip so I just get creative with my home workouts.....and yes, for the most part I watch what I eat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!