Any coffee Addicts?

Options
13»

Replies

• Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Yes ! Coffee isn't bad it's the cream n sugar.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just switched to black/ no sugar , its been 5 days now :)
    I'd never be able to give up the black magic .
  • mills200103
    mills200103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted...I have one cup that holds four cups of coffee and one cup that holds six. I'm actually drinking out the four cup one now, I wake up brush my teeth, make a four cup pot, I get home from work and make a four cup pot, before I go to bed I make a four cup pot. If I am out on the weekend I make at least 2 six cup pots on Saturday and Sunday. I will drink a pot of coffee instead of eating at times, I know it's terribly wrong for me but it's an addiction....oh yeah I drink it black with sugar, which is probably why I'm having a hard time losing weight
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot more. But now I'm down to one to three cups a day.

I didn't try, but now I like drinking either Perrier or tea during the day.

Try loose leaf tea. It is tastier than bags, imo.

Also, mate tea is good for those trying to quit coffee because it still has a good amount of caffeine, from what I understand.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im visiting my parents who live in Asia. They lost their tea drinking little gal and I came back a COFFEE MONSTAAAA
  • DirtyHammer
    DirtyHammer Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I murder a solid pot with a couple k-cups a day usually. Damn Coast Guard Lifestyle!
  • DovidGoldfarb
    Options
    I don't think it has any effect on me with weight loss. My doctor has never recommended cutting down. I drink it black with Stevia so only get the minimal calories from the coffee only.

38939791.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I used to drink massive amounts of coffee during the week from the works vending machine. At the weekends, because I was too lazy to get up and make a drink found that I was getting migraines every weekend.

To prevent this, I decided to go to decaf tea and coffee, which was the best move i ever made. Because I bring in my own tea bags and instant coffee to work, I am drinking a decent cup and use my own skimmed milk rather than machine powdered stuff.

The company then put a costa coffee machine in the resturant and i started going backwards, found that not only were my migraines coming back, but I kept going dizzy and felt like I was falling over, even though I was sat down.

Because of this I thought I would cut caffine out completly, but someone suggested you need some caffine to stimulate "something" that you need to stimulate to aid weight loss. I have put a morning cup back in, but find that it is actually rather bland compared to my own.

Giving up can be done, but withdrawal can be painful. PARACETAMOL REQUIRED!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    oh i am a having a lovely chocolate raspberry yum, yum,,,
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Change to decaff - might help. Less stressful to the system.
  • AmazingTech
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee, I stopped a few weeks ago because its apparently bad for you and makes you retain water etc etc, stopped it for about a month, no difference in my weight skin or energy levels and infact couldn't sleep when not had coffee, the way I see it I don't smoke I don't really drink I don't do drugs, my vice is my coffee, no body can be perfect

I also tried decaf and can honestly say I have never been so sick in my life! I made me puke so bad! never again
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've said this before in the forums: I drink LOTS of coffee. My consumption is best measured in pots. I'm diabetic, and unsweetened black coffee keeps me away from soda. This is a big deal because I work in a restaurant where I can have all the soda I want! I love the taste, and so far it hasn't affected my sleep...I dread the day that happens LOL I'm totally unapologetic about my love of/addiction to coffee. I will, however, confess that I have to add stuff to coffee at a lot of places because their brew tastes like crap to me. That's why I'm the weirdo who carries her insulated coffee pot in the car while running errands :smokin:
  • Karmalily
    Options
    I used to drink 3-4 cups a day, but due to caffeine being a trigger for heart palpitations I've been having, I've cut down to 0-1 cup a day. I miss it a lot, but I started drink green or black tea in the morning instead. It's not the same, but it helps. I allow myself to have 1 cup of black coffee a day, usually on my lunch break at work to help me get through the rest of the day.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I only drank two cups of coffee: down from six. Since then, I've had one if the morning and one in the evening. This morning I was able to skip the morning coffee, so I'm on track to only have one cup today.

I've been suffering from evil headaches as a result of the reduction. I'm irritable, and I'm having a hard time thinking through things. I do feel much better today, but I'm a long way from 100%. This would be day 5.

In the interest of full disclosure, I also quit smoking on Saturday. But, as I'm using the patch, I shouldn't be suffering from nicotine withdrawal. So, I'm pretty sure the serious caffeine reduction is at the heart of my present misery.

I put a lot of junk in my coffee, and I was losing 300-400 calories a day as a result of that. I'm now eating those calories, and that makes me a pretty happy camper.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I haven't quit...I used to drink 6-8 cups with full fat creamer per day on average. The I switched to lattes....usually mocha or pumpkin with whipped cream. I have done the skinny latte or sugar free vanilla iced coffees plenty as well. Now, I managed to cut myself down to 8 ounces with max 4 tbs full fat creamer. Or I have max of 2 canned coffee drinks...they're popular here in Japan and only 45 calories which is less than my one cup. I can easily drink more....I just don't let myself.

I lived in Okinawa for almost 7 years and I MISS those canned coffees SO MUCH!!

I still drink a few cups a day, but I just use a splash of creamer or milk and just a tiny bit of sugar. I used to destroy it with cream and sugar. It tastes better now, too.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Why do you think coffee is so bad for you? I'm comfortably dependent and that's not going to change.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Gradually cut back by a half cup per week.

I went from six cups per day to about two per day back up to five.

I use sugar free syrup (DaVinci) so that helps.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Nope and I never plan to! Some things are sacred!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking coffee since I was a child. I got it half and half with milk from about 6 years old.

Unfortunately, a lifetime of heavy coffee drinking, with some help from some serious binge drinking in my Navy years, has landed me with ulcerative colitis. I thought I had it under control, and recently went back to a coffee (or 2) a day, and I experienced a pretty bad flare up.

I can barely type these words, the thought hurts so much but, I've got to stay off coffee completely now.
  • steky1991star
    Options
    im oppsest with coffie specialy ice coffie ,,,