Seriously?!

Options
2»

Replies

• rero
    rero Posts: 24
    Options
    in all honesty im not really appalled if we get more people at that restaurant we could have human bowling balls, it'd be an interesting and fun sport.

anyway people make the decision to go there. its not the end of the world if you go once but making a habit of it is their choice. if that customer croaks then so be it, one less idiot.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I looked it up and it says...

Customers over 350 lb (160 kg) in weight eat for free if they weigh in with a doctor or nurse before each burger.

This should be illegal. :indifferent:

WHAT THE HECK?! Why on Earth...that's just...i can't even formulate complete thoughts about this one.
    I know what you mean! It's like rewarding the overweight . . .
    Did you see the 2 guys that weigh well over the 350 freebie meal amount and go daily? They said 'we're all going to die anyway, well probably sooner' and began laughing. Geesh, Scary stuff!
  • bleakwhensee
    bleakwhensee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes i would eat there. yes i would fly to eat there.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'd be surprised if they're uniforms are up to restaurant dress code. (Culinary graduate here) I get very mad at things like that.
    I'm a culinary graduate also!

Yay!!! do you find it helps you with food choices and all around diet?! I do! and thank goodness! lol I would love for the degree to be more involved with nutrition tho, where I went you take just 1 class, as it's informative.. I would like more.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it's funny and a very pointed commentary on American food culture.

You have to admit there's a certain level of integrity. They don't lie--this stuff will kill you--make your choice. They don't try to lure you in with "healthy" or 'light" menu choices knowing that once they get you through the door you're unlikely to make that choice. (really how often are parents really choosing fruit rather than fries in their kids happy meals?)

Also, they are clearly marketing to adults while fast food joints are marketing to children (you want a toy with that?)

Would I eat there? No--not interested in waitresses in skimpy outfits and I seldom eat burgers and fries. But, I don't know that eating a burger and fries there is any worse than eating them in any other restaurant.

I'm all about live and let live......
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Did you see the 2 guys that weigh well over the 350 freebie meal amount and go daily? They said 'we're all going to die anyway, well probably sooner' and began laughing. Geesh, Scary stuff!
    I was sitting here with my mouth wide open in disbelief with some of the attitudes those customers have. Gonna die anyway, might as well enjoy it. Yeah, but it'll be a lot SHORTER, and you can forget doing anything remotely physcial because they'll be so winded . . . How is that enjoying life?
    Yay!!! do you find it helps you with food choices and all around diet?! I do! and thank goodness! lol I would love for the degree to be more involved with nutrition tho, where I went you take just 1 class, as it's informative.. I would like more.
    Yeah, we only had one quarter of nutrition too, and it wasn't nearly enough. We did a lot of French cuisine, which is loaded with fats. It does help me out from time to time regarding food preparation that's not so fatty.
    Also, they are clearly marketing to adults while fast food joints are marketing to children (you want a toy with that?)
    I heard McDonald's was getting sued for this - which in my opinion is absurd. I always wanted to go to McDonald's because of the play area - not the cheap toys in the happy meals. And it baffles me how it's not become the norm to place blame on fast food establishments for your own child's obesity (not yours, just in general). There's such a thing as telling your child "No," when they want to go. As a kid, I rarely got to go to McDonald's because my parents didn't like it.

I sent the link to this youtube video to my boyfriend, and sadly, he LOVED it. He loved the idea, the marketing behind it, the concept, the fact that people over 350 lbs eat free, everything about it. *sigh* His mentality isn't quite a healthy one.