Insanity progress pics...

Options
13»

Replies

• s_reynolds777
    s_reynolds777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Before the pics I want to add a little more info too. I took my before pic when I first started October 2012, then did it for a week and decided to start again after the holidays. Well the holidays hit me hard and I gained 10 lbs before I started it again, however I didn't take new photos. After 1 round of Insanity I lost exactly 10 lbs, so my before and after pictures are actually the same weight. I did do a body fat test at my gym though and I lost 4.6% body fat, so although it was only 10 lbs on the scale, there was more fat loss and a lot of muscle gain too. I'll tell you it was hard though and I don't know if I want to do a second round I'm trying some different stuff for now. I obviously still have weight to lose but it definitely helped.

p1460907276-2.jpg

p1460907288-2.jpg

p1460907292-2.jpg

Wow thats the same weight?! You look much smaller in the second, and your but looks great!

Yep, same weight. I was sad I didn't take another before photo, but I think this helps people more who may not be seeing the scale move to know this program definitely changes your body!
  • Nande7
    Nande7 Posts: 7
    Options
    Just started Insanity today... I did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit! I need motivation as well.
    I am doing the moves but i refuse to hurt myself in the process so I am modifying them as I go.
    Good Luck...let me know how it goes.
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    Before the pics I want to add a little more info too. I took my before pic when I first started October 2012, then did it for a week and decided to start again after the holidays. Well the holidays hit me hard and I gained 10 lbs before I started it again, however I didn't take new photos. After 1 round of Insanity I lost exactly 10 lbs, so my before and after pictures are actually the same weight. I did do a body fat test at my gym though and I lost 4.6% body fat, so although it was only 10 lbs on the scale, there was more fat loss and a lot of muscle gain too. I'll tell you it was hard though and I don't know if I want to do a second round I'm trying some different stuff for now. I obviously still have weight to lose but it definitely helped.

p1460907276-2.jpg

p1460907288-2.jpg

oh my.... although your the samw weight you look so different. This makes me super excited. We just finished the fit test and i feel like im about to DIE!

p1460907292-2.jpg
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    beforeandafter_zps8a7eeeac.jpg

weight: 118 pounds to 105.8
    Vital statistics: Chest:33'' to 32''
    Waist-28'' to 25''
    Thighs-21'' to 19''
    Arms-10.5'' to 9''
    Hips-36'' to 34''

I didn't follow the food plan:))

You look great! I can't believe the difference in your arms!

I'm starting April 1, it will be my third time starting -- this time I'm determined to finish!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I start April 1st sooo Bump!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten around to getting new pics out, but I just finished Insanity last week. I lost 9 lbs and about an inch off everywhere. It took til about week 6 before anything came off. Clothes fit different and people could see a difference, but the scale didn't move much and the measurement tape didn't move at all. One week it was the same and the next week it was an inch down. So don't be discouraged by the scale in that first 5-6 wks. Also, my thinking was "I'm doing Insanity so I can eat what I want!" Didn't work that way, lol. That first month I would come home and eat ice cream right before bed and I wasn't tracking calories. And I suggest getting Heart Rate Monitors, if you don't already have them, so you can track your heart rate and keep it safe, but also to help you know your calorie expenditure. Stretch and drink tons of water. Good luck! I love Insanity!!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You all look great! I keep seeing all these awesome posts and I'm so tempted by Insanity *grin* But I've just started nrol4w, so maybe after that ;)
  • GodMode666
    Options
    I think I joined the wrong website... :c
  • lgtahoe
    Options
    I haven't gotten around to getting new pics out, but I just finished Insanity last week. I lost 9 lbs and about an inch off everywhere. It took til about week 6 before anything came off. Clothes fit different and people could see a difference, but the scale didn't move much and the measurement tape didn't move at all. One week it was the same and the next week it was an inch down. So don't be discouraged by the scale in that first 5-6 wks. Also, my thinking was "I'm doing Insanity so I can eat what I want!" Didn't work that way, lol. That first month I would come home and eat ice cream right before bed and I wasn't tracking calories. And I suggest getting Heart Rate Monitors, if you don't already have them, so you can track your heart rate and keep it safe, but also to help you know your calorie expenditure. Stretch and drink tons of water. Good luck! I love Insanity!!

9 lbs is awesome! I'll be happy if I lose more than 5. I'm really mostly concerned about inches (around my stomach especially). I've got my diet dialed in already so not too worried about that.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

9 lbs is awesome! I'll be happy if I lose more than 5. I'm really mostly concerned about inches (around my stomach especially). I've got my diet dialed in already so not too worried about that.

I thought I had my diet "dialed in" when I started Insanity too! It's just as bad to eat too little than it is to eat the wrong things. You might find you need to tweak your diet around the first few weeks.
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    When did you get the tattoo?

A year ago April.

So when did you start Insanity?
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    bump
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Unless your posting pics, use the topics that are already open and go through them. There are tons of photos in there for inspiration......No need for this.
  • lgtahoe
    Options

I thought I had my diet "dialed in" when I started Insanity too! It's just as bad to eat too little than it is to eat the wrong things. You might find you need to tweak your diet around the first few weeks.

Thanks for the advice, but I have actually been eating 1600-1700 cals a day (and getting smaller!) while lifting heavy for the last three months. I eat clean and eat enough -- I don't believe in starving myself :).
  • Smiley0514
    Options
    I absolutely love insanity! I am in my 3rd month of insanity. I have done it once before as well and the fast pace of it is what keeps me going. It was hard on my knees and back the first couple weeks but I just kept pushing and am much better now. It takes a few weeks to make it a routine but once you do, you can't wait to push play the next day! I do not follow the meal plan but stay within my macros. I am part of a group on here for p90x'ers and people who do insanity. Feel free to add me and you can see my insanity results. My profile pic is one I took last week. I went from 143 to 112 currently. Our group helps you stay accountable and there for support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!