Things That Ruin Your Workout!!!

Options

Replies

• morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I work out in my garage, and I went to put another plate on my barbell, and a spider ran out of the center hole and across my hand. I dropped the plate, and jumped around, and screamed -- so I got a workout, just not the one I wanted.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    They are playing euro dance trash music at the gym now...DAFUQ?! That crap is worse than A$AP rocky and Kendrick Lamar, but at least that stuff had decent beats. I hate this crap worse than country music.
  • Darrell916
    Darrell916 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    when the person your working out with rushes you or they don't put in the effort
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Trying to workout with other people. I just don't *get* the "workout buddy" thing.
    Exactly!!!! Or one of my two kids coming in the room and bugging me when working out at home. (I try to workout when they nap or go to bed).
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I had my first gym/workout annoyance today! A dude hopped on a tread right next to me and proceeded to run using the bars to prop himself up. He ran for about 10 minutes then walked for about 6... running almost the WHOLE time using the side rails to hold himself up.

obnoxious.

This has been discussed before. I'm glad you don't come to my gym. I hold on to the rails for the whole hour. Not quite sure how that infringes on anyone else's workout.
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My dogs, they think I'm playing:)

^^ this

and back pain
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My dogs, they think I'm playing:)
    Hahaha! My old dog used to do this (she's not around for that anymore) :( Now my cat tries to snuggle my face when I am doing any sort of ab work! LOL!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to say he ruins my workout but my training buddy's 165-lb Great Dane breaks my concentration when I am doing chest presses on my exercise ball--by sniffing my crotch very thoughtfully. :laugh:
  • pinkfloydsgurl
    pinkfloydsgurl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Shin splints. *growls* i walk like an idiot and i can't seem to balance my steps
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Having to pee!

YES!! This. This actually doesn't bother me too bad.. unless I'm running. Then I get SO irritated.

Today the thing that was 'ruining' my work out.. was my 1 year old nephew. You try doing burpees (sp?) with a 2' high child! He wanted me to land on him! Honestly.. it was the cutest thing ever... he wanted to help me work out or he thought we were playing a game.

What was really bothering me today was my dog, who also likes to help.. and everyone being in the living room.. =/ I didn't feel like running so I tried doing a video..
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I work out in my garage, and I went to put another plate on my barbell, and a spider ran out of the center hole and across my hand. I dropped the plate, and jumped around, and screamed -- so I got a workout, just not the one I wanted.

That was funny!! That would be me also. That would be the END of the workout until my husband came home and doused the garage with bug spray!!
  • AwsmLwsn
    AwsmLwsn Posts: 9
    Options
    Knee pain and then subsequently having to do plyo with a limp.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    if i forget my ipod i hope theres something good on the television, if not 1 hour of cardio can seem like an eternity

as far as people talking to me im probably viewed as an *kitten* at my gym cause i just dont talk to people. i have a small group we will do the head nod or fist bump and one older gentleman in particular we will talk about the pens and how they are playing for about 5 minutes. other than that i keep my mind focused on the workout and the girls i am a few decades older than who wear yoga pants
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Women with inappropriate Yoga attire. There was this young lady in front of me who wore tight short shorts that left very little to the imagination. Picture her in all sorts of Yoga positions...

I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't enjoy it, but it did ruin my concentration (and workout).
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    FOX news on the big screen TV directly in front of me.

The broken elliptical that "clicks" when my left foot pushes down. (and they keep switching it around)

MP3 player dies and I'm stuck watching FOX news AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Forgetting my ipod.

OR

Asthma inhaler issues - either runs out or I forget it.
  • sgtdub555
    sgtdub555 Posts: 692
    Options
    forgot my HRM or my head phones
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    MP3 player dies and I'm stuck watching FOX news AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

The worst!!!
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Dropping a sledge hammer on my foot (and I'm not joking, it happend and it sucked LOL), forgetting a hair tie, someone trying to talk to me during CrossFit or Strongman (anytime a new girl tries to join I cringe cause I know she is going to want to be "buddies" and I don't talk when I lift, I just drop a lot of F bombs and growl which usually scares them away). When the boys decide it would be funny to shove me in a tractor tire b/c I am small enough to fit (which was kinda awesome in it's own way, but boy was I pissed that they ganged up on me that way LOL)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My OCD won't allow it.