Loose Weight Fast

Options
I don't care how "unhealthy" and "bad" it is but i want advice on how to lose a lot of weight fast. Obviously i want to be able to still eat on a daily basis. Suggestions for the ultimate weight loss?

Replies

• princesspita
    princesspita Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's pretty obvious...work out. Losing fat requires control of your diet - lifestyle changes that are nutritional as well as including a workout program.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Lyle McDonald's crash diet. It's a "modified protein fast" and probably the best as far as crash diets go. I'm not really a fan of crash diets, but this is the healthiest one you could do.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't care how "unhealthy" and "bad" it is but i want advice on how to loose a lot of weight fast. Obviously i want to be able to still eat on a daily basis. Suggestions for the ultimate weight loss?

How fast is fast? And why would anyone purposely give you advice on how to do something hurtful to yourself lol??

However...if your idea of 'fast' is 40lbs of fat over 3mos...then that's easy. Eat about 20% below your calorie maintenance (low cal diets kill your lean mass...this is bad for looking good, good for a stupid number on a scale), and strength train with heavy weights, or with bodyweight at an intensity where you can only complete about 5-8 reps in one set, repeat each set 3-5x.

Some exercise options would be:

The bodyweight program in my profile (useful if you don't have access to a gym).
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Starting Strength
    New Rules of Lifting for Women (assuming you're female).

Now...and this goes for any weight loss...you will ONLY GET OUT OF IT WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT. With strength training, I started seeing visible changes in just two weeks. In two months...the changes were huge. By the end of the third month...I didn't look like the same person.

See for yourself:

2012-10-23063957-1.jpg

When women use this kind of program (trust me on this), they don't look 'bigger' like men do, they lean out, trim up...and their body changes for the positive in almost every aspect.

Good luck.
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lyle McDonald's crash diet. It's a "modified protein fast" and probably the best as far as crash diets go. I'm not really a fan of crash diets, but this is the healthiest one you could do.

^This. It's called the Rapid Fat Loss diet, or a protein-sparing modified fast. He's got a pdf on his website which is inexpensive, and informative.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Your inspiration is "thinspiration" and you don't care how unhealthy the approach is.

Sorry. Not going to help you develop/nurture an ED.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor, there are some medically supervised programs for rapid weight loss. Rapid weight loss should only be performed under close medical supervision with frequent blood testing to check for medical issues caused by rapid weight loss.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Donate blood, take a dump, cut off an arm, wear plastic bags under your clothing, spend 19 hours in a sauna, eat a box of exlax. All ways to lose weight fast. None of em healthy, but you said you didn't care right?

eta - OK donating blood isn't unhealthy per se, but it won't get you nearly as much weight loss as the arm removal.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Why bother? You're going to look like crap, feel like crap, and gain all the weight back the minute you stop doing whichever gawd awful crash diet you select. I bet you end up weighing more than when you started.

Come back and ask for help when you're ready to do something responsible and sustainable. I'm not here to help people hurt themselves.
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    Some of you are so cruel. They asked a simple question and if they don't want to be healthy about it that's their choice. Don't get mad at them for it. You don't know their reasoning. Maybe they've been trying to lose weight and they are a couple of pounds off for a weigh in they have to pass (that's my reasoning).

Anyway, I don't really have anything for you, but I remember when I first joined the military, my recruiter told me to go on this soup diet for a few days to a week to drop some pounds. I didn't do it; I lost it the old fashioned way with a lot more time. And then there is that lemonade/cayenne pepper thing...Look into those if you'd like.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Some of you are so cruel. They asked a simple question and if they don't want to be healthy about it that's their choice. Don't get mad at them for it. You don't know their reasoning. Maybe they've been trying to lose weight and they are a couple of pounds off for a weigh in they have to pass (that's my reasoning).

Anyway, I don't really have anything for you, but I remember when I first joined the military, my recruiter told me to go on this soup diet for a few days to a week to drop some pounds. I didn't do it; I lost it the old fashioned way with a lot more time. And then there is that lemonade/cayenne pepper thing...Look into those if you'd like.

Why is it cruel to not want to encourage or assist someone in self-destructive behavior?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Well if you don't care how bad it is for your health, you want it quick, and all that matters is the number on the scale, i suggest cutting something off. Maybe an arm. Leg? Depends on how much lighter you want to be.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

It's against MFP guidelines to promote unhealthy/ED like eating habits.
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't care how "unhealthy" and "bad" it is but i want advice on how to loose a lot of weight fast. Obviously i want to be able to still eat on a daily basis. Suggestions for the ultimate weight loss?

If this is really a serious question and not a post to stir people up....we need some clarification. How much weight do you want to lose? (To some people 20lbs is a lot...to me 100lbs is a lot..) And how fast? Is there a reason you want it done so fast? A special occasion?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,542 Member
    Options
    Cut off some limbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Eat nothing.

Seriously. Within a month you'll be 50lbs lighter - and six feet under.

Alternatively, stop being stupid, concentrate on something other than "weight" loss and enjoy your life.
  • pinkperfume
    Options
    bump
  • pinkperfume
    Options
    What if he/she wants to lose because she needs to have surgery to be able to donate a body part to her dying brother, but was told until she lost 20 lbs she was considered too heavy to undergo surgery. This is a true story of someone I know.

I lost 9 lbs in three days once by eating only chicken, rice, tomatoes, salad and eggs. No caffeinated tea, just water. The weight NEVER came back, not even a single lb.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

Eat nothing.

Seriously. Within a month you'll be 50lbs lighter - and six feet under.

Alternatively, stop being stupid, concentrate on something other than "weight" loss and enjoy your life.

No, she wants to still be able to eat.

Magic is the only way.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Increase activity and reduce intake. Remember though, rapid weight loss is usually due to losing an inordinate amount of lean body mass (muscle)... This means the fat is still there, you will just be skinnier but still jiggly. The better route is to lose weight at a moderate rate... +/- 2 lbs per week and lift weight while maintaining a good protein base... You may not see the scale move as much, but you actually drop sizes of clothing faster due to the toning of your muscles. Lift heavy on alternate days ... if you lift daily, don't work the same muscle groups each day.. skip a day... I think you will be happier with the ultimate results that way... and probably will look smaller than you would by just losing 5-7 lbs per week.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Decapitation give the fastest ratio of weight loss per unit of time expended.
    It's against MFP guidelines to promote unhealthy/ED like eating habits.
    Not only that, it's morally repugnant to any decent human being.