Breakfast ideas needed

Options
I am sick of having the same thing for breakfast everyday, what are some of your secrets to start the day?

Replies

• ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    Tell us what you have everyday so you don't get 4 pages of the same idea!!
  • blaaaaah
    blaaaaah Posts: 11
    Options
    Eggs. I just love having eggs for breakfast, and stats show that people who have eggs for breakfast eat an average of 20% less calories for the rest of the day.
    Poached, scrambled (with onion and feta for a little treat), boiled, fried, omelettes, however they're done I just love them.

Although I also mix it up a bit, a few days in the week I'll have some 100% natural greek yogurt, a banana & some berries.
    Or sometimes just toast on its own.
    But generally I only do this on days where I don't have much to do - if I have a full day of uni then training, I'll have eggs. If I only have maybe 1 lecture or tutorial, I'll have the yogurt & fruit combo.
    Just all depends what suits you (:
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    I love eggs, you can do so much with them, but I won't go into that. One of my favourite breakfasts is tuna (tinned in spring water), cook in a pan (well heat up) with lemon juice, tomatoes (can use paste or "smush" the tomatoes) herbs and spices, and have that by itself, with eggs, in an omelette, with some sort of bread (bagels, muffins etc), depends on how many calories you're looking to consume and what nutrition you want from it

Edit to add you can toss onions/celery/peppers really anything into the tuna whilst it's in the pan I just make it up as I go
  • melbournemummy79
    Options
    I eat this... minus the fried shallots.
    Its delicious.
    http://www.abc.net.au/tv/pohskitchen/stories/s3063499.htm
  • Tenzuya
    Tenzuya Posts: 64
    Options
    Porridge and a piece of fruit is a good way to start your day.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Well I eat a lot of egg white scrambles for lunch and my favorite is egg whites, diced tomatoes with green chilis, black beans, shredded corn tortilla, lowfat cheese, spinach or kale, peppers, and salsa.

For breakfast, I am addicted to peanut butter on Ezekial bread or a whole wheat kashi waffle with coffee and sometimes a banana.

Overnight oats with fruit, a scoop of protein powder, a sprinkle of nuts, and some greek yogurt is fab as well.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    mint chocolate protein shake 400ml = 420 calories with full fat milk, could be less than 300 with skimmed milk though, in theory you could have one early and another about 11 and save two bigger meals for 3/4pm and 7/8pm and up your protein to a decent level in the process, i recommend PHD synergy for taste
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Just made banana pancake was sooooooooooo good
    2 eggs 1ripe banana mashed mixed well with the egg dab of butter so it doesnt stick then wack the mixture in a non stick pan while its cooking put some cinamon and ground cloves and a little honey over it mmmmmmmmmmmm and only 239 cals :-)
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Corned beef, eggs and rice...
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had a crazy tuna and salsa kick for a while...sounds crazy I know. Sounds crazier when I was eating it at 75mph on the highway, going to work at 5am LMAO.

Hard boiled eggs I like...but watch the Cholesterol. Other then that Whey protein shakes are awesome...low cal...tasty with the right fruits and nails the target of losing weight with the right nutrition.
  • linzo30
    linzo30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat fried egg whites, turkey bacon and cheese on a wheat english muffin (your very own egg mcmuffin), but we just got a Ninja blender so we started drinking/eating watermelon/cantaloupe smoothies and strawberry/blueberry smoothies. Anytime you eat out in Japan, they serve rice adn salad w/ breakfast.
  • DalalMutar
    Options
    As everyone else said, you can do so much with eggs. I use 1 tbs olive oil in a small pan. Into that 4 baby corn and 2 medium mushrooms. When they are nearly cooked add 2 eggs seasoned with salt and pepper. You may turn your eggs or just put the whole pan in the oven to finish cooking. It's easier and it will get your eggs cooked from both sides evenly. This has only 191 cals. Sometimes I put in 1 tbs of cream cheese before i get the pan into the oven just so the eggs don't get too dry. With the cheese it will be 231 cals.

I love baby corn and mushrooms. Low in cals and taste good as well.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie, or oatmeal, or grits with nutritional yeast (this morning, yum), or noodles with nutritional yeast, or toast with peanut butter, or rice and vegetables, or a sandwich...think outside the eggs!!! :)
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i make my own mcmuffins. 2 egg whites, slice of cheese, low cal english muffin, and usually a meat like sliced ham. depending the products you use, can be around 200 calories. you can also do it the lazy way and get the jimmy dean microwave ones. that is the kick im on lately.
  • loui1234
    loui1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have granola, with fat free greek yoghurt, blueberries and dries cranberries.
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I usually have some type of omlette, sometimes 2 eggs, sometimes 1 Egg 2 egg whites, Diary's open.

Love the storm trooper look :happy:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Unless it's waffles or pancakes, I don't much care for breakfast. But hard cooked eggs are my default breakfast standard. Sprinkled salt and they are perfect for grabbing on the go. If I have time I'll scramble them up with some diced peppers, onions, cilantro, and turkey sausage and make an egg slop of sorts.

It's really best to break your "fast" with some form of protein rather than carbs. You'll stay satiated longer as protein takes longer to digest and your insulin won't spike so bad.
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Since using MFP a usual breakfast is oatmeal,Greek yogurt, almond milk, cinnamon, fruit (strawberries, blueberries etc),chia seeds and a little stevia if needed, or 1 egg, egg whites, spinach, red onion, red peppers, salsa and a very small amount of cheese scrambled. Protein shake-unsweetened almond milk,whey protein, organic, natural peanut butter, banana, chia seeds, flaxseed and ice, you can add a little pure vanilla extract. Low fat high fibre English muffin with peanut butter and banana.
  • Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat this for breakfast with coffee and sometimes I eat this with a hard boiled egg or a cup of organic whole milk

feb19201322_zps19e34a6f.jpg
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    1. eggs (almost everyday)
    2. quinoa prepared as oatmeal
    3. oatmeal
    4. fruitbowl
    5. toast and almond butter
    6. dry cereal
    7. green smoothie
    8. protein shake