25 Things I've Learned In 25 Lbs of Weight Loss at 25

Options

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thanks! A lot of maturity and wisdom in that post. You are beautiful, by the way, in both pics!
  • BluLotus2
    BluLotus2 Posts: 87
    Options
    Great pointers, awesome post!! Congrats on the weight loss!!
  • desperate45
    desperate45 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lovely...pls share success story.....
  • wobblybitz87
    Options
    How many calories do you eat ? I've been on mpg for almost a year & have lost 2 lbs. I've eaten 2000, then 1800, then 1500, felt sick, took it to 1600, about to get desperate & go for 1200 !

Hi Debbie, have you spoken to your doctor at all? I saw my gp before I started my weightloss journey and she recommended a low cal diet, which lead me to MFP. If its not working it may be that your eating the wrong types of food to stay under calorie goal, or maybe it just isnt the right type of diet for you. I eat 1200-1500 per day and work out to get the net amount as close to 1200 as possble. In 36 days ive dropped 9 pounds. Im no expert but it sounds to me like it might not be the program for you. Hope that helps.
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks- needed to be reminded of a few things on here :)
  • LeanoraRose
    LeanoraRose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing that list. I am in a deep funk and can't seem to get out of it and your list is just what I need right now. I made a copy of it and will read it every day to help get me motivated. You look fabulous!!

Im so happy you liked it! I was feelimg so depressed yesterday amd today and decided this morning that I was going to FORCE myself out of the funk. Comments like yours are totally what helped turn my day around! Thanks so much! I guess we never know how much sunshine we have to share. Even when we're feeling pretty dark! I hope your days statt to get better!
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words again! I am so humbled how sharing a list to get MYSELF out of a funk has been able to bring a little light to all of you! I hoped it would help others too, but never expected so many replies! Life is so unpredictable like that! I guess my mission for the day was a success! Good night mfp peeps :)
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    aww thank you for this! :flowerforyou: i love it so much!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Wow that's outstanding! What are your secrets :laugh: .. I set a goal of 20lbs on Jan 1, still got 5 lbs to go!!! Thanks for sharing
  • lynzbeaner
    lynzbeaner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Very well said!:drinker:
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Dixiewhiskey- I have been working out 6 days a week, following my mfp daily goals, and religiously logging the best I can. Except water...I tend to forget to log it. I usually drink at least 4-5 bottles a day though. I try to do food prep every Sunday night so I have plenty of healthy food to pack as lunch for the week also. It usually takes 1-2 hours. (It goes by fast if I put a video or tv show on my tablet to watch.) If I slack, its usually on weekends, but I try to keep myself in line, even then. I also have been experimenting with sugar intake and certain kinds of grain. I've noticed I'm more sensitive to those things than some other things.

When I really focus on how my body reacts to different foods, and listen to it, I tend to do better those weeks.

Hope that helps! But FYI- 15 lbs is still an awesome accomplishment! So congratulations to you!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    thanks! very good points there and you look fantastic :)
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love this one:
    4) Just like muscles need to be broken down to get stronger, sometimes we need to be broken down mentally and
    emotionally to get stronger in their respective senses as well.

Congrats on your weight loss - you look amazing and so happy! Thanks for sharing your tips :)
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Love This! (:
  • mimiwin
    mimiwin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most uplifting post I have seen !!! I agree with every single point there !!! Thank you for remindind me...

:)
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This is lovely and to the point without being nasty, just what I need, thanks for sharing and congrats on the amazing progress :) You have a really beautiful smile!!
  • Mokosh
    Mokosh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post, I'd like to print it and keep it on my fridge :)
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! Congrats! You are so beautiful!
  • FitWithTiff
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!! :))
  • pookie713
    Options
    awesome post!