Things That Ruin Your Workout!!!

Options

Replies

• twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    When your super cute little 100lbs soaking wet friend asks to come to the gym with you and gets bored..
    or Goes forever on the elliptical and asks why you can't breathe past the half hour mark.

that sounds oddly attractive :noway:

mine is when i start a workout then i get someone who wants to chat via text/whatsapp and i say "oh yeah i'm just doing my workout" and they carry on talking...
  • Redskins76
    Options
    I machine I want to use for that day that someone forgot to wipe there nasty sweat off of..
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    <<< these two demanding breakfast / standing on my belly when I'm trying to do ab work / standing on my back when I'm trying to plank / generally licking my face or nibbling my ears. But I love 'em and wouldn't have it any other way :love:
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Annoying woman that copies what i am doing on the treadmill/xtrainer, but obviously doesn't have the right gym clothes. i.e silly "fashion" trainers rather than proper running ones.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    When people bring their 13-15 year olds to the gym and they "try-out" every piece of equipment there or just sit on the machines to text for 10 minutes without using them. That and the sweaty people that constantly move from machine to machine without ever wiping them down.....same people every single time.
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I work out at school, so I find it particularly annoying when I go to the gym to do a bout of HIIT and some lifting and find it populated with 3 barely north of pubescence fellas. Somehow they are able to take over the entire gym with their 20 minutes of "lifting." To this casual observer it looks more like flexing and bouncing in front of the mirrors (oh and grunting, let's not forget the grunting). One of them will invariably have the nerve to come up to me an soon as my *kitten* hits the lat pull-down and ask, "How long will you be?" If I time it right, I'm still at the gym when they leave for the day (leaving all of the weights on the bars or the floor, of course).
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I want to walk outside and the weather is crappy!
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Starting a workout not realizing what time it is and not even 10 min later your child running up to you telling you they're hungry..... Looking at the clock you realize it's 1130.......
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    When people are on the phone and not working out, just taking up gym equipment. When I forget my heart rate monitor, or when I forget my iPod.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    People using the gym as "social hour"!!! Get in, get it done and get out. Don't talk to me and I don't want to listen to you!!!!

Get off the phone.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Finding you haven't brought clean knickers so you have to decide whether your workout or your afternoon at work will be commando...
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Forgetting something I need - for example Monday I went to do a spin class and I grabbed the wrong shorts (they werent the tight ones that dont ride up - so spin class was fun the whole time my shorts kept riding up

Oh than theres the time you go to run/workout and your IPOD is completely dead!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    People ringing
    People who cook/eat whilst i'm working out
    music on the tv or headphones not going in sync with my reps per set
    When i feel tired and crap
    :sad:
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I work out in my garage, and I went to put another plate on my barbell, and a spider ran out of the center hole and across my hand. I dropped the plate, and jumped around, and screamed -- so I got a workout, just not the one I wanted.

Oh.My.Gawd. I would die.
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I work out in my garage, and I went to put another plate on my barbell, and a spider ran out of the center hole and across my hand. I dropped the plate, and jumped around, and screamed -- so I got a workout, just not the one I wanted.

Oh.My.Gawd. I would die.:noway:
  • annemw333
    annemw333 Posts: 19
    Options
    Well right now it's stupid flippin' hernia surgery! One week out and all I am permited to do is walk and even that wears me out still.

Before surgery, while swimming it would be old ladies asking me to move lanes because she wants to be next to the wall, my goggles and/or ear plugs not having a good seal, and the lifeguards doing impromptu swimming leasons in my lane even though it is adult lap swim for another hour.

In the gym, teenagers clogging up equipment while not actually doing anything, forgetting my headphones/iPod, my regular morning show not being on the air that morning, when someone is on the bike I like to use, and when I can't get a spot closer to the front of whatever class I am taking (Body Combat/Pump, etc.).
  • Ninguneado73
    Options
    Lack of sleep...it is infuriating when I don't get to lift as much because I am tired!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my kids if they "need" something right away.

But usually it's one of my cats. She insists on being cuddly when I'm doing push-ups or planks. She gets all under me, purring and meowing. :grumble:
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Omg, I would have pooped myself freaking out!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound ridiculous, but everytime I forget my BCAA drink at home I generally dont have a good workout. I think its partly OCD/partly placebo and partly im just such a creature of habit that when things dont go right I get messed up.